Finesthour

Oh how silly of me I forgot to give honorable mentions to:

Duke Nuken 3D

DOOM (1 & 2)

Quake (1-3)

Serious Sam

Painkiller (not the horrible expansion sequels)

Resident Evil 4

Saint Row 2

GTA 3 & San Andreas

Super Mario Land

Yoshi's Island

Halo CE

Deus Ex

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Mario Kart (Double Dash, DS, and Wii)

Castle Crashers

Worms 3D

Team Fortress 2

Half Life (1 & 2)

various Kirby titles

various Sonic titles

various Megaman titles

various Metroid titles

various Zelda titles

various Castlevania titles

& the preemptive Honorable Mentions for My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic, Saints Row: The Third and Star Wars The Old Republic

If the game is not on or related to anything on this list either I never played it, forgot it, or I hate it!

Top 5

Honorable Mentions: Killer7, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic, Bioshock 2 (multiplayer only), and Ninja Baseball Batman!

5. Portal- it's portal... nuff said

4. Gauntlet Dark Legacy- Words cannot describe the hours my friends and I put into this game.

3. Zelda: Windwaker- Toss up between this and OoT, but Windwaker had such a big and beautiful world to it.

2. TimeSplitters 2- My favorite multiplayer shooter ever. There were SOOO many character models to choose from. There were monkeys, cowboys, space marines, snowmen, gingerbread men, weird fish robots, etc. I wish they'd reboot this franchise for Xbox 360.

1. Mother Trilogy (Mother 2/Earhbound)- My favorite game of all time would have to be Earthbound on the SNES. Mother 3 (JP exclusive GBA game) is nearly tied for it. Though it excels in atmosphere, it had a much smaller world and more disappointing story than Earhtbound. Plus Earthbound actually came to America!

How long did it take you to type this...?

Lol.

Doom and Counter Strike are pretty overrated in my opinion.

Doom pretty much invented the FPS genre as we know it, and was and was pretty much solely responsible for popularizing first person shooters, online multiplayer, modding, and other such things. While obviously simple (and extremely ugly) by today's standards, I think the gameplay, if nothing else, more than stands the test of time.

Hell, I for one wish that more games would take notes from Doom's level design if nothing else. :huh:

Favorite game? It's either the 3rd Generation pokemon games, Super smash bros Brawl, The Dragon ball Z fighters, Street fighter IV or Zelda: the Wind waker, also I'm a huge fan of RPGs and Fighting games.

Doom and Counter Strike are pretty overrated in my opinion.

Doom pretty much invented the FPS genre as we know it, and was and was pretty much solely responsible for popularizing first person shooters, online multiplayer, modding, and other such things. While obviously simple (and extremely ugly) by today's standards, I think the gameplay, if nothing else, more than stands the test of time.

Hell, I for one wish that more games would take notes from Doom's level design if nothing else. :huh:

...still overrated IMO

While it did start up the FPS genre it's not as good of a game as people claim.

You never gave a reason...

The gameplay is not as good as people praise it to be...even for it's time

... now I get the feeling that this is just a troll. Could you perchance give me an example as to a game from the same time period of similar genre that exceeded it in technological quality or gameplay?

Existing uncontested in quality does not make it appealing to me.

and

The gameplay is not as good as people praise it to be...even for it's time

Are two very different things. ^_^

I can agree with the former - just because something stands alone does not make it appealing. The latter, however, causes me to pause, because as far as first person shooter gameplay goes, it was, hands down, the absolute pinnacle of what was available. In its time, there was absolutely nothing better.

There was no Call of Duty, no Halo, no Battlefield, or anything else to color our impressions of the game. We went from Wolfenstein 3D's single plane rectangular rooms into what was, by comparison, an extremely advanced world that was in many ways mind blowing.

How long did it take you to type this...?

Lol.

Well the original Top 5 list didn't take too long except No. 5 was a hard decision.

I made the LONG ASS Honorable Mentions list because I felt sorry for leaving out a few of my favorite titles...

Then a few turned into a lot! There are still titles I could add, but I don't feel that necessary!

...wait how did this happen! POKEMON WAS NOT MENTIONED AT ALL! :angry:

How the HELL did I forget Pokemon! Pokemon (Specifically 2nd Gen) should be No. 5 at least!

Hmm... if you want I could write a list of games I hate. But a list that long would probably deserve it's own thread! haha :lol:

Existing uncontested in quality does not make it appealing to me.

I'm not trolling, can you guys take it easy, am I not allowed to disagree with anything?

You disagree with everything and give no reasons.

yeah, we have reasons.

Well the original Top 5 list didn't take too long except No. 5 was a hard decision.

I made the LONG ASS Honorable Mentions list because I felt sorry for leaving out a few of my favorite titles...

Then a few turned into a lot! There are still titles I could add, but I don't feel that necessary!

...wait how did this happen! POKEMON WAS NOT MENTIONED AT ALL! :angry:

How the HELL did I forget Pokemon! Pokemon (Specifically 2nd Gen) should be No. 5 at least!

Hmm... if you want I could write a list of games I hate. But a list that long would probably deserve it's own thread! haha :lol:

BURN AT THE STAKE.

Don't get me wrong, Doom is definitely a good game it's just not something I would personally have at the top of my list.

Also, the level design of Halo 2 and Doom are not as close as you make them sound.

Then actually play it and prove me wrong.

Don't get me wrong, Doom is definitely a good game it's just not something I would personally have at the top of my list.

I can go with that. :lol: