General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

So apparently I'm an old man, as Berry Pie so eloquently put it.

Please don't let this stick, or I may slowly go insane.

Don't stress about it too badly, old-timer.

Say, does linking to a borderline-NSFW image can really gets you a warning point?

Do kamikaze together with us in the GCT RP sajIQ.png

I would not do anything of the sort on that first thing. Anything related can be bad.

And then me and Haven kamikaze together into the pyramid that is about to explode saacrificing ourselves so that Lapis, Asteria and Sandweaver can escape unharmed and obtain the ultimate treasure that was looked for, the Black Materia Core, capable of giving an inmense amount of energy.

I have no idea what I just wrote. :lol:

You're not old. End of discussion.

• Brohoof 1

Lapis might want to convince Dusky that Asteria is more than what he said earlier. That Asteria is 'worth it'
A little late for that. It, um, didn't come to mind... Dusky will be at work now, Lapis is asleep, and it would be irrelevant to bring it up out of the blue. Unless Dusky says something about it again, it does not matter. Lapis was half asleep anyhow.

It won't really matter if Lapis confronts Key or Daylight, nothing can really stop Dusky when Lapis got his hooves on the book.
But those two are rather important. Scootacool specifically said that if Magicon, Daylight, or Key Gear die or fail, it is game over. Those three are clearly important to the quest. Of course, Lapis will be bringing them information they could not have gotten on their own. I doubt any of them have Lapis's resolve. He's dealt with all manner of things in his past. They live in a magical world. Go too far from civilization, and stuff tries to kill you. It's been proven on the show many times.

And actually, Asteria is at her strongest with Lapis, and vice-versa. Together they are strong. Apart, Asteria is an under-powered little filly, but Lapis can stand alone. That is his one strength. But he has more power the more allies he has. Earth pony magic is not something easily understood. It is a subtle magic. That stony resolve, the unwillingness to give up or give in. Unlike the two unicorns who apparently happen to be important to stopping whatever lurks on the train, Lapis is made of tougher stuff. So I don't worry about him. He got what he wanted from Dusky, not the other way around.

As you can plainly see, he has been suspicious of the grey unicorn. He noticed easily that Dusky isn't right in the head. And he pieces things together. Once he wakes up, there is much to do. He will certainly show his notes to either Daylight or Magicon. He knows that Magicon is a strong unicorn, and has reason to believe that Daylight is the detective Dusky spoke of. Researchers take pieces of information acquired from sources and string them together. Then the results are contemplated, and a conclusion is drawn. All rather scientific.

• Brohoof 1

It's just that I'm busy with something else; See above.

Waitaminute,... Do drums even need music notes?

Go on.

And of course they do! Everymusical instrument can produce a note which can be written, from the triangle to the drums and so on and so forth.

I'm not going to lie.

The very first thing I noticed in this post was "Clopping".

And then "I'm".

You can see where I'm going with this... :lol:

And no, I don't. :x

I had planned on actually working on it yesterday and today, but Runescape decided to throw a double xp out and I had to take advantage of it. (67 Dung now, soooo freaking worth it! : D)

I KNEW that was going to happen. I just wanted to see who was going to be the first to get dirty minded. :P (I was expecting no one by the way).

When you do, like Star said before, don't forget to show us! :D

Say, does linking to a borderline-NSFW image can really gets you a warning point?

Pretty sure they still got music courses for adults :x

Why do you need that for?

I think it would if it got report and whatnot.

Because, I wanted to attempt some kind of remix of a theme song, but I need tabs or some kind of sheet music.

I don't fully remember how to read regular music and most tabs are either guitar tabs, which are written in such a way that only guitarist will understand, and this one that is too easy and with a lot less notes. So it wouldn't sound right at all imo.

I could take lessons since I actually wanna learn how to play the piano.

I could also just google it sometime for a quick reminder.

Wait, do you know how to read basic music notes in a drum score?

Not anymore. :x

I haven't seen any drum music since my last drum practice some years ago.

Waitaminute,... Do drums even need music notes?

Yes, they do actually.

Not anymore. :x I haven't seen any drum music since my last drum practice some years ago.

I coud read a score for the most part, or at least a good part of it. I would need some time, but I think I could. It would be good for you to re-learn again how to read a drum score yes. :)  

I'm hoping there will be a moment in the GCT RP when this song would be appropriate.

http://youtu.be/6gQAHUFCe7M

But you brought it up just now. You could have gone on in life, and everyone would never have known.

Don't worry too much about it.

Don't stress about it too badly, old-timer.

I've called you old too a few times.

• Brohoof 1

And of course they do! Everymusical instrument can produce a note which can be written, from the triangle to the drums and so on and so forth.
Yes, they do actually.

But if they're monotonic, where the hell do you put them? Middle C? Or middle G?

Don't worry too much about it.

I'm not worrying about it, I just wanted to see people's reactions to it. I just found it somewhat quirky I guess. It's not that bad of a nickname to be honest.

I'm hoping there will be a moment in the GCT RP when this song would be appropriate.

Berry, it will be supposed to be an adventure RP. And me, you, Star, Haven, and whoever else joins, are gonna make damn sure we make it feel as one as best as we can. Pure and simple. Any song that represents adventure shall be able to put. :mellow:

But if they're monotonic, where the hell do you put them? Middle C? Or middle G?

It is already established where do you write the sound for the crash cymbal, the snare drum, the bass drum, etc, etc. Example, the bass drum sounds go below and touching the first line.

wtty8.png

But those two are rather important. Scootacool specifically said that if Magicon, Daylight, or Key Gear die or fail, it is game over. Those three are clearly important to the quest. Of course, Lapis will be bringing them information they could not have gotten on their own. I doubt any of them have Lapis's resolve. He's dealt with all manner of things in his past. They live in a magical world. Go too far from civilization, and stuff tries to kill you. It's been proven on the show many times.

Wait wait... So he doesn't see that any other ponies won't have a chance to stop whatever it is that's going on in the train? o_o

I'm not exactly optimist here, but I could only see Daylight and Magicon tries to get all glory for themselves, leave Lapis behind, and get eviscerated. Key might provide a wonderful ally, but I'm not sure how she could help :x

You need to get an instant blowtorch or something

And actually, Asteria is at her strongest with Lapis, and vice-versa. Together they are strong.

If it's possible, seeing Asteria on the train with Lapis would affect the entire RP to Lapis' side lEJ9q.png

Except whatever Ambrosia is doing right now, that mare is weird.

As you can plainly see, he has been suspicious of the grey unicorn. He noticed easily that Dusky isn't right in the head. And he pieces things together. Once he wakes up, there is much to do. He will certainly show his notes to either Daylight or Magicon.

Magicon might take a lot more efforts to convince, though. I hope you have the favors of the Dice God AhGSr.png

Because, I wanted to attempt some kind of remix of a theme song, but I need tabs or some kind of sheet music. I don't fully remember how to read regular music and most tabs are either guitar tabs, which are written in such a way that only guitarist will understand, and this one that is too easy and with a lot less notes. So it wouldn't sound right at all imo.

That sounds hard...

You might want to try some music forum for that. There should be at least one people that can help converting guitar lines to drum's

We might need to work a lot for that

Lapis would be Twilie

Arcanel would be RD

Haven's OC be Rarity

Sandy... He would be the background pony off-screen 3lnNF.png

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Berry, it will be supposed to be an adventure RP. And me, you, Star, Haven, and whoever else joins, are gonna make damn sure we make it feel as one as best as we can. Pure and simple. Any song that represents adventure shall be able to put.
The message of the song is about friends helping each other out to accomplish goals. That what I hope to achieve. The characters becoming friends and perhaps forming strong bonds. But it has to be genuine. Not played out and scripted. Since you and Haven are just starting out, that is sort of one of my fears. I hope for this to go smoothly and naturally.

Like how even though I know things that Lapis doesn't, as he does learn about them through reasoning and logic, it seems like he is actually figuring it out. Or at least that's how it seems to me.

• Brohoof 2

That sounds hard...

You might want to try some music forum for that. There should be at least one people that can help converting guitar lines to drum's

Lapis would be Twilie

Arcanel would be RD

Haven's OC be Rarity

Sandy... He would be the background pony off-screen 3lnNF.png

No no no, silly! I don't need to convert them to drum tabs. That would be impossible. X3

I just need something I can read, like piano tabs that are written with the letter of the key being played rather than actual sheet music.

:wacko:

Why am I (Synth) Rarity?!

i've never learned how to read sheet music and i probably never will do that. hey, at least i was able to remix a song entirely by ear, right?

Yes, thats actually very freaking good.

• Brohoof 1

Arcanel would be RD

Haven's OC be Rarity

Me...being RD...PFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, that was hilarious.

Haven...being Rarity...Haven hates rarity...PFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay that was also hilarious. :P

But seriously though, I'd at least consider myself to be Applejack if anything or even Pinkie Pie.

The message of the song is about friends helping each other out to accomplish goals. That what I hope to achieve. The characters becoming friends and perhaps forming strong bonds. But it has to be genuine. Not played out and scripted. Since you and Haven are just starting out, that is sort of one of my fears. I hope for this to go smoothly and naturally.

Like how even though I know things that Lapis doesn't, as he does learn about them through reasoning and logic, it seems like he is actually figuring it out. Or at least that's how it seems to me.

Well, I can't promise you anything, but I whenever I write, I write when I feel inspired and ready to roll with the brainstorming. When it stops being me, I stop writing. :)

• Brohoof 2

Say, can an OC that looks like this be good at roleplaying?

pVAmK.jpg

Why am I (Synth) Rarity?!

Yours is a unicorn, as simple as that U44KB.png

Oh, and because he's pretty much the only 'artist'?

But it has to be genuine. Not played out and scripted. Since you and Haven are just starting out, that is sort of one of my fears. I hope for this to go smoothly and naturally.

Uh... So you don't have any doubt in my RPing? 3lnNF.png

Me...being RD...PFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, that was hilarious.

Haven...being Rarity...Haven hates rarity...PFFFFFFFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay that was also hilarious.

But seriously though, I'd at least consider myself to be Applejack if anything or even Pinkie Pie.

I was just matching shit up based on your OCs n3WKz.png

Arcanel have to be more stoic if he would be the AJ, and more crazy to be the Pinkie

Edited by Starshine
  • Brohoof 1

Wait wait... So he doesn't see that any other ponies won't have a chance to stop whatever it is that's going on in the train?

I dunno. Lapis will force himself to the fore though. He's smart you know.

I'm not exactly optimist here, but I could only see Daylight and Magicon tries to get all glory for themselves, leave Lapis behind, and get eviscerated. Key might provide a wonderful ally, but I'm not sure how she could help :x

He's not there for glory or fame. He just wnts knowledge. Mysterious events are occurring, and he shall purge its deepths.

If it's possible, seeing Asteria on the train with Lapis would affect the entire RP to Lapis' side

Well, maybe, but she will certainly not be in Ponyville

Except whatever Ambrosia is doing right now, that mare is weird.

I don't understand.

Magicon might take a lot more efforts to convince, though. I hope you have the favors of the Dice God

Eh, I have my notes. I will show him them. Up to Magicon after that point. I did my best.

Well, I have high hopes for it.

• Brohoof 2