Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Though the only problem would be then, how in the world do I make Arcanel travel all the way from Vanhoover to Ponyville?

You have to write it in, filly! He took a train from Vanhoover and he was waiting in the station to his connecting to Canterlot. Instead... He sees the Express and he decides to get on that instead. Make up a reason why - just make sure that it is true to character.

• Brohoof 2

Whoa whoa, are you positively sure about that?

Well, I did say that I was going to impress Berry. I'm probably going to back off if I don't or not cause a good impresssion. Test comes first. And believe, with what he gave me, if I can make a good impression, I'll be more than happy. :) Plus, I think a character such as Arcanel would give that other innocence part that Flow gave as well...which might be rather interesting, IMO. But I'll only do it if I feel confident enough, of course.

You can get your OC is on a vacation or on his way to do something. Your OC doesn't have to be restrained in his hometown.

Oh that's not the problem. The problem is the distance. If you look at the official map, Vanhoover is quite a ways away from Ponyville. Maybe by train, but I don't really know how big Ponyville's station would be.

You have to write it in, filly! He took a train from Vanhoover and he was waiting in the station to his connecting to Canterlot. Instead... He sees the Express and he decides to get on that instead. Make up a reason why - just make sure that it is true to character.

The problem would be that the train doesn't pass through Vanhoover.

Nah, I would have to make it so that he probably thought he was late, but then somehow got himself informed about the train making a stop in Ponyville, then he would take the train from Vanhoover to Ponyville. The rest would be easy, as Arcanel would be more than oblivious to the whole Trixie thing, and a magic show would certainly be of his ihnterest. Just a couple days off from the post office and he'd be set.

• Brohoof 2

Oh that's not the problem. The problem is the distance. If you look at the official map, Vanhoover is quite a ways away from Ponyville. Maybe by train, but I don't really know how big Ponyville's station would be.

Distance ain't mean shit in gathering up Roleplaying lEJ9q.png

As Scootacool said, just have him travelling somewhere and coincidentally Arcanel saw the Horror Express

Test comes first. And believe, with what he gave me, if I can make a good impression, I'll be more than happy.

I hope you can do it AhGSr.png

But still... Are you totally sure? because the last thing we want here is you pushing yourself too far and ends up tiring yourself up. We still have the planned GCT RP

• Brohoof 3

Sooo, I actually attempted to draw something today.

Its not going too bad. I haven't ragequit like usual.

But I just learned that pony's wings are hella hard to do. :|

You can still try drawing unicorns H66x8.png

Wings are like hands, those single digits can hella hard to get them right

You can still try drawing unicorns H66x8.png

Wings are like hands, those single digits can hella hard to get them right

I may try one next time.

I was just trying to get myself in the mode of drawing something more often so I chose Ditzy, since she's my favorite, to start with.

Gah tell me about it. :|

Distance ain't mean shit in gathering up Roleplaying img-1009908-1-lEJ9q.png

As Scootacool said, just have him travelling somewhere and coincidentally Arcanel saw the Horror Express

I hope you can do it img-1009908-2-AhGSr.png

But still... Are you totally sure? because the last thing we want here is you pushing yourself too far and ends up tiring yourself up. We still have the planned GCT RP

On hindsight...what I said earlier seems a bit more difficult. The easier thing would be...OH OF COURSE, I'M SUCH AN IDIOT!

Arcanel is a mailcolt. While most of his deliveries are done only inside Vanhoover, since he has worked for quite a few years in the post office, a mail to give in another city might be plausible that left with that and with the end of the day. Then while in Ponyville after delivering his mail, the train makes the stop. Which would beg the question..how would he get in? After all, tickets should have been all sold, right?

And thank you for the support! :D

And no Star, I'm not sure. But given how I spent around 11 hours between eysterday and today to read the whole RP and its OOC, given that I have spent more than 5 hours to write a +10000 words chapter in the past, and given that I'm known to be a thinker despite the moments of the day...nah, getting tired would be the less of my worries. ^_^

I'm starting to think more of the RP than my test...Berry is going to kill me...

• Brohoof 4

Sure why not.

The best, or what I consider the best, I'll periodically post them here.

Recently, it was Nova. That was the most accurate I ever gotten a pony to be, and it was drawn using Inkscape.

Wings, I've drawn enough of:

http://g-do-29--anagram.deviantart.com/art/MLPFiM-Ganaram-Electrobolt-Random-326685567

http://g-do-29--anagram.deviantart.com/art/MLPFiM-JFxGDI-306378365

Those are the best examples of wings, both folded and opened.

Are you using Inkscape? It's another one of those free programs. Trust me, Paint.NET won't help at all.

• Brohoof 1

The best, or what I consider the best, I'll periodically post them here.

Recently, it was Nova. That was the most accurate I ever gotten a pony to be, and it was drawn using Inkscape.

Wings, I've drawn enough of:

http://g-do-29--anagram.deviantart.com/art/MLPFiM-Ganaram-Electrobolt-Random-326685567

http://g-do-29--anagram.deviantart.com/art/MLPFiM-JFxGDI-306378365

Those are the best examples of wings, both folded and opened.

Are you using Inkscape? It's another one of those free programs. Trust me, Paint.NET won't help at all.

I remember these. :wacko:

Thankies. I'll use these as references should the picture I'm looking at fail.

And not right now. I'm on my moms computer so Im stuck with drawing by hand on paper. And even then, I don't think I have a steady enough hand to draw on a computer with the trackpad.

Question: What's better to use? A mouse or trackpad?

Since I'm not a drawer and don't do it enough, I have no reason to get a tablet.

Should my skill increase as well as my interest in it then I'll consider it.

Edited by TGAP Haven

Question: What's better to use? A mouse or trackpad?

Since I'm not a drawer and don't do it enough, I have no reason to get a tablet.

Trackpad, as in the pathetic excuse of a mouse alternative that's endemic with all laptops? Dude, those suck. You could probably get a decent optical mouse for about 5 or 10 dollars.

A tablet, I'd recommend if you're better off with drawing on paper, since it's essentially like drawing on paper. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, so I'm better with a mouse.

• Brohoof 1

I'm starting to think more of the RP than my test...Berry is going to kill me...

Yes... Yes... Feel the force flow through you... Cross over to the dark side...

x) 

• Brohoof 2

Someone is eating up all the wifi arghhh

Then while in Ponyville after delivering his mail, the train makes the stop. Which would beg the question..how would he get in? After all, tickets should have been all sold, right?

You kinda answered your own question :x

He's a mailpony, of course he would have to be allowed to hop on any train to deliver the mails.

• Brohoof 2

Trackpad, as in the pathetic excuse of a mouse alternative that's endemic with all laptops? Dude, those suck. You could probably get a decent optical mouse for about 5 or 10 dollars.

A tablet, I'd recommend if you're better off with drawing on paper, since it's essentially like drawing on paper. I'm on the other end of the spectrum, so I'm better with a mouse.

Okies. I have a mouse I could use. Just gotta find something to sit under it when I'm on my laptop. Not sure how good it would be, but i'll try it.

And since In don't draw much to at all, I'm not sure what I'm better with. I'll see eventually I guess.

Also, random RS notice: Abyssal Whip+Off-hand Dragon Claw = COMPLETELY FUCKING AWESOME KICK ASS BADDASSERY! :D

Yes... Yes... Feel the force flow through you... Cross over to the dark side...

x) 

Yes...I'm feeling it...I'M FEELING IT!

Lapis Lazuli: "Now now Arcanel, what did I tell you about feeling strange sources from outside? And besides, you don't want to make Berry angry, do you?"

Awww...

You kinda answered your own question :x

He's a mailpony, of course he would have to be allowed to hop on any train to deliver the mails.

I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact this is Vim we're talking about. He's a nice pony for sure, but when it comes to his train, you better make sure you convince him you're a nice pony or he sure as hell wouldn't let you in. I would have to hope that Arcanel irradiated as much kindness as Daylight does, and that's pretty much impossible. If I were the conductor of an important train, for a LOOOONG time, AND with as much strange stuff as it had happened on that trip, I wouldn't let anyone in so easily, even a desperated mailpony.

I'll inform Arc to bring a flashlight.

Got any AA batteries?

• Brohoof 3

Got any AA batteries?

I'll say the same thing that I said in the OOC of my RP:

I imagined that he was prepared and had brought his bag, and no, he doesn't have any sort of electronic devices. Gem, on the other hand...

I would agree with you, if it weren't for the fact this is Vim we're talking about. He's a nice pony for sure, but when it comes to his train, you better make sure you convince him you're a nice pony or he sure as hell wouldn't let you in.

Get some legitimate papers from the mayor that simply orders you to board the train to deliver a very valuable mail to <insert Train's destination here>, done :3

Neither.

Its not happening.

I want to watch the mayhem VnCRQ.png

I could swear it was 20/12/2012 a year ago, but now it's 21/12/2012?

Seriously, is the apocalypse going to happen on 20 or 21?

I never actually thought of the time differences....

Still, I get slightly mad when people completely misunderstand the Mayans' prediction.

I'll say the same thing that I said in the OOC of my RP:

Well, crap. Think Electrobolt knows a thing or two about making a flahlight work without batteries? Or Gem?

Still, I get slightly mad when people completely misunderstand the Mayans' prediction.

Everyone is also forgot that they're celebrating Yuletide and Saturnalia o3o

Hell, they even forgot what XMas actually means

What really matters right now is the modern interpretation. The calculation maybe botched, but the panic and paranoia can be a very real threat

QTqGs.jpg

• Brohoof 1