Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

HU5sY.jpg

And well, I had a few last things to ask him before starting. Say, did you read the test I was given?

I believe I haven't VnCRQ.png

Care to post it here?

Country song... I don't see that happening. Applejack and Rainbow Dash both need more songs.

RD already got too much attention on her flank. A solo by AJ featuring Spike as background dancer would be nice

What kind of games?

Dark, forbidden games where your soul is up for grabs....

Nah, I was playing Borderlands 2 again. I love killing monsters and bandits. My class is Commando, my brother's is Assassin. I like to use pistols and assault rifles, and my brother likes to use snipers and shotguns.

How did my character get in here?

*shrugs* Beats me. Maybe Asteria met Pinkie and he taught her some neat tricks about the 4th wall which of course would have more than intrigued Lapis, I think. ^_^

I believe I haven't   Care to post it here?

Sure can! Berry had posted it before, but I'm guessing you're not willing to back pages, so I'll just re-post it. :P 

Imagine all this in a PM from Berry.

It is time for your test. This will analyze all of your abilities. And you must prove that you can react as well as act. You may write as much as you feel is necessary. And knowing you, I may receive an entire story... But if I become bored while reading it, then you've already failed. You must balance length with appeal. That is the number one objective of this little exercise. Haven's was just so I could see if he could write. I know you can write, but can you roleplay? Can you hold my attention, an animal that refuses to obey?

Try to make this as out of character as you can. You seem the peaceful sort, given to intellectual studies. You analyze everything and think far too deeply. Let's see what happens when I make you a member of the armed forces. Yes, that is what I shall have you write about.

Writing prompt:

You are Lieutenant Douglas Wilhelm. You have served with the Naval Space Command for several years now. You know all the ins and outs of space battle. You have seen the worst, and the best, of mankind. Nothing surprises you anymore. Your current assignment is aboard the USS United Way. I shall briefly play as Captain Arnold Svelter. He shall give you your orders. Take it from there, playing as anyone you may encounter. The outline of this test begins from when you receive your orders up until you die at the hands of a horrible space mutant.

Test Start:

"Lieutenant Wilhelm, you are a good man, and a valuable member of the crew. Today we will be leaving port to begin diplomatic negotiations with the Yardiac people of the outer star systems. Unfortunately, there have been sightings of Rogget space raiders." At that point, Captain Svelter took a look out his space viewer.

Luna's full face was able to be seen in all its majesty. Its pure white luminescence was exceptionally beautiful. A battle cruiser passed by slowly in the viewer, most likely on its way to the far reaches to defend the spice outposts. The captain signed softly. He never wanted this. To be away from home for months at a time. Unlike the young lieutenant, Svelter was never comfortable about war. And despite being the captain of a diplomatic starship, he and the USS United Way had faced their fair share of opposition and battle. Even the smallest of science exploration vessels was equipped with forward mounted laser cannons just as a precaution. These were certainly dark times.

It was actually unusual that Wilhelm was on board the United Way. He had originally been assigned to the USS Empiric, which of course was an 'A' class star-destroyer. Why the lieutenant had been reassigned, Svelter didn't know. But either way, he had proven his worth time and time again.

"As you can guess, we will be taking along at least two spearheads. They will act as our eyes and ears. Our top priority is making it safely to the home world of the Yards. If any Roggs appear, it will be up to the spearheads to engage them. At no point are we to take offensive action. Is that clear?" the captain said without wavering his intense gaze. "Now, I want you to take your place on the bridge. I will follow shortly. For the time being, give the order to launch the ship. We are to head out immediately."

Final Notes:

Okay, as you can see, this is just the very beginning. Once you leave his quarters, you are to follow the captain's orders. From there, make it up as you go along. Use your imagination. You know how it ends, but how do you get there? Do the raiders attack before you make it to your destination? When you get there? Or perhaps after the negotiations are completed? And any and all other variables. I hope what you write enthralls me.

But before you begin, I will allow you to ask questions. If you feel like you need more to go on, please say so. Or any other questions you may have. Ask as many as you want. I want you to succeed. And remember, this character is to be completely your opposite within the confines of a naval fleet officer.

I said it once and I'll say it again. I asked Berry to give me his best shot. Instead of that, he used the golden shot.

• Brohoof 3

I said it once and I'll say it again. I asked Berry to give me his best shot. Instead of that, he used the golden shot.

The Golden Gun is one shot, one kill. Be careful, Arcy.

• Brohoof 2

Some new ski gear, it can be expensive, but it's still fun. (Except when you land yourself in the hospital)

You know, I went snowboarding last year in my graduation trip. While I wasn't that good, it was still funny to see me fall over and over. Best part was when I went so fast I couldn't stop and hit the protecting net. I was okay, but two girls came down to ask if I was okay. I couldn't help but laugh. :lol:

So I can definitely agree that it's fun.

What in the fuck ExokU.png
He actually expect you to write that far? Damn...

At least half of the current non-advanced roleplayers in this forum would run away from that kind of assignment

• Brohoof 2

She'd probably have some means of charging up a battery...

Or maybe suimply give the flashlight an electric charge in such a way that acts like a battery. Something like that.

The Golden Gun is one shot, one kill. Be careful, Arcy.

I will. I'll have to put up my shield. And how well my post is will define if the shield is made of wood and plastic, or metal and kevlar.

• Brohoof 1

*shrugs* Beats me. Maybe Asteria met Pinkie and he taught her some neat tricks about the 4th wall which of course would have more than intrigued Lapis, I think. 

Why did you call Pinkie Pie a male?

At least half of the current non-advanced roleplayers in this forum would run away from that kind of assignment

I warned him that what I would come up with would be difficult.

• Brohoof 1

What in the fuck ExokU.png

Well, that's because Berry knows that I don't lack imagination as a writer. In this case, I have to imagine a quite opposite character from who I am, in an ambient I'm not even familiar with. I'm pretty sure most roleplayers didn't have experience in writing before, unlike me, and Berry has seen what type of posts I can do. I'm pretty sure something simple would be too easy, probably. :huh:

I'll admit I'm both nervous, and excited. :ph34r:

Would you take the test Star?

Why did you call Pinkie Pie a male?

I really want to blame that on it being 2:22AM...I really do...

And yes you did, and you didn't pull any punches. I'm actually grateful for that. :mellow:

• Brohoof 2

182060__rainbow-dash_princess-luna_comic

Still, that's a crackload of stuff you got there C4uV9.png

If he can do that much, it would feels like I'm the newbie here

Would you take the test Star?

9xzxK.gif

• Brohoof 1

If he can do that much, it would feels like I'm the newbie here

Do what I may be able to do, I'm still the newbie, as I'm just starting in this RP thing my friend. :)

Edited by Arcanel

Dark, forbidden games where your soul is up for grabs....

Nah, I was playing Borderlands 2 again. I love killing monsters and bandits. My class is Commando, my brother's is Assassin. I like to use pistols and assault rifles, and my brother likes to use snipers and shotguns.

I can't wait to play that game and play as le Commando. Though, I really wish they kept support rifles in the game. Those things were awesome. Probably my favorite gun, with revolvers and smgs behind it.

• Brohoof 1

Xev5o.png

kinda hoping that my boss will give me the Christmas bonus early, I need my weekly fix of sugar rush :c

Do what I may be able to do, I'm still the newbie, as I'm just starting in this RP thing my friend.

Well, hope you can finish that thing before christmas 3lnNF.png

• Brohoof 1

kinda hoping that my boss will give me the Christmas bonus early, I need my weekly fix of sugar rush :c

I keep forgetting that Christmas is literally around the corner. This is the first year that I havent paid uber attention to it. Guess i really am growing up. :/

Fuck.

And speaking of bonuses....I totally hope I get one.

Well, hope you can finish that thing before christmas

I'm actually hoping to finish the thing by this weekend or maybe even before, so yeah, so do I.  :)

Using magic?

Yeah. I'm not totally sure how it would work though. 

Anyway guys, I'm going to sleep. I have been awake for almost 20 hours now. I need some nice zzzz. ^_^ Goodnight everypony! :) And I hope you all get your Christmas bonus! :D

• Brohoof 3

I used to love messing with that gun. Pulling it on friends and ish. It's always fun sniping a hoe with it.

...That came out 15 years ago, that's just nuts. What made that game memorable was Oddjob, who was basically a cheap way to play in multiplayer.

I keep forgetting that Christmas is literally around the corner. This is the first year that I havent paid uber attention to it. Guess i really am growing up. :/

Soon you will also learn to forget your own birthday :3

And then you will have a hard time to recall the last time you have fun

After that you will see that there is no point in smiling

Sooner or later, we will all be robots

OW22M.png

Goodnight everypony!

Sleep tight! AhGSr.png

• Brohoof 3

Fuck.

And speaking of bonuses....I totally hope I get one.

Dammit, don't remind me.

I've felt like that since I was 15. I grew up too fast...

...That came out 15 years ago, that's just nuts. What made that game memorable was Oddjob, who was basically a cheap way to play in multiplayer.

I've never played any of the older games, but I remember playing Nightfire with a buddy of mine a long time ago. He would ALWAYS pick Oddjob and just constantly try to throw that fucking hat at me.

• Brohoof 1