General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Can I see some examples of your roleplaying abilities?

As the Doctor, or just in general?

Hey, want to help come up with some ideas? Also, take a look at my OCs. They're down there in my signature. Lapis Lazuli will be leading the expedition.

*Shrug* I guess. And why do you want me to look at your OCs?

I would love to try writing that, but my hands are kinda tied here :x
Eh, why's that?
Seems like you're enjoying yourself teaching them.

It's fun to see your friends start taking interest in something you enjoys, eh?

Maybe... 

As the Doctor, or just in general?
Anything that showcases the best of your abilities.
*Shrug* I guess. And why do you want me to look at your OCs?
Okay, you know the general idea, add on to it if you please.

Uh, since Lapis will be leading the thing, and Asteria normally works with him, perhaps reading about them will give you ideas. IDK, I just need lots of good ideas to make a great RP plot that will test my students. 

• Brohoof 1

Anything that showcases the best of your abilities.

Alright, I guess I'll go looking for some decent poasts

Okay, you know the general idea, add on to it if you please.

All I know is that it's going to be an adventure to find some kind of ancient ruins. Is that all that you have?

Edited by Jack0vAllTrades

Random interlude, brought to you by Sugarcube Corner

xja8e.jpg

Eh, why's that?

Maybe... 

I'm currently waiting for a monthly thingy. When I got it I have to finish it asap :x

Well, maybe I'll try writing that prompt after that

Don't 'maybe' like that, you are looking forward for they to finish and start RPing, right? lEJ9q.png

Don't 'maybe' like that, you are looking forward for they to finish and start RPing, right?
Well, yes I am. Perhaps I can train them so well, that they'll love roleplaying. Then maybe I can bring them with me to new ones, where they can be loyal allies. I like to combine ideas from RPGs with RPs. So yeah.

All I know is that it's going to be an adventure to find some kind of ancient ruins. Is that all that you have?
That I can remember. I wouldn't know why a team would be going there, but Lapis is a researcher. He researches stuff. So there's that.

Alright, I guess I'll go looking for some decent poasts
That'd be lovely. 

, You like Carrot Top, yes? Question The Carrot!

All the poasts are me playing as the Doctor, since I haven't really been playing as anyone else recently. The first two poasts were from a massive crossover RP where the Doctor was interacting with the T-1000 (from Terminator). The other one was from another massive crossover where the Doctor was interacting with Garrus Vakarian (from Mass Effect) in an old western town. I was playing both Garrus and the Doctor in the last one

Just as Komamura and the T-1000 were making their way into the city, they would notice a peculiar, mechanical, groaning noise up in the air. If they were to look up above, they would notice a blue, rectangular box the size of a phone booth materializing in the air...and falling to the ground at an alarming speed. The box soon crashed into the ground merely feet away from duo. Soon afterwards, a quiet, metallic hiss came from the box's doors, which suddenly slammed open. The doors released a large amount of smoke built up from the inside of it, followed by a tall man with styled brown hair wearing a tweed jacket, blue striped shirt and bow tie. He waved his hand in front of his face and coughed from all the smoke. Once the smoke cleared he looked around to view his surroundings, seeing a police officer and what appeared to be some sort of wolf-samurai creature. He gave an awkward smile and wave to them. "Oh...hello!"

The Doctor, now having enough reaction time and distance between the robot, quickly rushed to the side to get out his line of sight. "Clever little piece of machinery, aren't you? Some kind of search and destroy robot designed to mimic human speech and actions nearly flawlessly to hide your true intentions. But it doesn't do you a fat lot of good if you can't lie very well, does it?" The Doctor said, holding out his Screwdriver in preparation for another attack. He knew the machine wouldn't react to his words, he just liked to show off his intelligence

"Interesting technology. Must be hard to come by around these parts, eh?" The Doctor said to him

So focused on his goal, Garrus nearly jumped as he heard the Doctor speak. He instinctively turned the rifle on the Doctor. "What're you doing here?!" He shouted

The Doctor immediately held his hands up in surrender, making it clear he wasn't trying to start a fight. "Easy, easy. I'm not an enemy, just curious"

Garrus grumbled. "...I'm not from around here" He explained, obviously trying to focus on the task at hand

"You're using weaponry that won't be built for another three hundred years, I would be surprised if you were. WHY aren't you from here?" The Doctor asked

"I...got lost..." Garrus explained

The Doctor nodded. "Ahh, I see. An alien left for dead on a foreign planet, I assume?"

Garrus hesitated in surprise. "...You're good. You figured that out in less than a minute"

The Doctor smiled in satisfaction. "Figuring out things that aren't as they seem is my specialty. One of them, anyway" The Doctor explained

"I'm guessing you're not from here either?" Garrus asked the Doctor

"You guess right. That's why I'm here, I can help you find your way home" Explained the Doctor

Well, yes I am. Perhaps I can train them so well, that they'll love roleplaying. Then maybe I can bring them with me to new ones, where they can be loyal allies. I like to combine ideas from RPGs with RPs. So yeah.

Well, whether they will like ir or not will be determined on their first RP VnCRQ.png

Hopefully nothing will go wrong

Hm... RPG elements. Will we see something like inventory system and spells list for each pony?

@@Jack0vAllTrades, It's posts, not poasts n3WKz.png

And it's kinda weird to see someone RP'd both sides of the conversation like that 3lnNF.png

Just about completed a ponyfied version of Maestro Forte, the lead antagonist in Beauty & the Best: The Enchanted Christmas. Expect it to be on my DeviantArt soon. ^^

Don't forget a thread in Octavia's Hall!

@@Jack0vAllTrades, Okay, I see a few minor errors, nothing too bad. How long have you been roleplaying? Would you like to see some of mine? If you were to be Time Turner, what would he do on an expedition? Why would he want to go?

Well, whether they will like it or not will be determined on their first RP VnCRQ.png

Hopefully nothing will go wrong

That's why I'm limiting it to people I trust. I need to make sure everything goes swimmingly. Can I trust you to help?

Hm... RPG elements. Will we see something like inventory system and spells list for each pony?

Aye, we can work it out when the day comes. Until then, I wish to work on plot.

And it's kinda weird to see someone RP'd both sides of the conversation like that 3lnNF.png

But I do it all the time when I use both OCs. It's actually fun once you get the hang of it. Like writing a mini story. I shall direct you to my first post in Pony Mystery Theater.

Why hello there, everypony :3

NBfBV.jpg

Pancakes?

That's why I'm limiting it to people I trust. I need to make sure everything goes swimmingly. Can I trust you to help?

I will try to help as best as I can do. Don't expect too much, though. I'm not exactly the best roleplayer here :x

But I do it all the time when I use both OCs. It's actually fun once you get the hang of it. Like writing a mini story. I shall direct you to my first post in Pony Mystery Theater.

Yeah... But one of them are hardly present in other scenes, right? It's just feels weird to see someone have both important pieces in the game under his hands.

@@Jack0vAllTrades, It's posts, not poasts n3WKz.png

And it's kinda weird to see someone RP'd both sides of the conversation like that 3lnNF.png

Yeah I know, I just like saying poasts

And it was even weirder for me :/

@@Jack0vAllTrades, Okay, I see a few minor errors, nothing too bad. How long have you been roleplaying? Would you like to see some of mine? If you were to be Time Turner, what would he do on an expedition? Why would he want to go?

Well I've been RPing overall for probably over 7 years now (though I did start out as a script format poaster very early on, but I quickly grew out of it)

And I thought I wasn't allowed to play as the Doctor? Cause I did say specifically the Doctor, not Time Turner

I will try to help as best as I can do. Don't expect too much, though. I'm not exactly the best roleplayer here :x
Neither am I, despite what people may say. Especially while I'm sick. Others are much better than I. So long as you follow my steps, you will succeed. Unfortunately, you don't know them, and I don't feel like copy pasting my lessons right now. Unless you want me to....
Yeah... But one of them are hardly present in other scenes, right? It's just feels weird to see someone have both important pieces in the game under his hands.
Well, I haven't gotten to use both at once in a while, so I can't remember it all that well. Being sick is really annoying.

Why do computers have to warm up upon turning on
Why can't they just be fully ready to go with no slowness or whatever?
Why am I so damn impatient?! :l

Because science.

Because you need to wait.

Because you are lame.

• Brohoof 1

Why do computers have to warm up upon turning on

Why can't they just be fully ready to go with no slowness or whatever?

Why am I so damn impatient?! :l

That's why I never really shutdown mine, i just put it on standby mode aZpbg.png

Anyway, sup?

Ooooh, pancakes would be nice :3

Go make you own :V

And I thought I wasn't allowed to play as the Doctor? Cause I did say specifically the Doctor, not Time Turner
Well, I have no idea how you'd play him, and I rather like the name Time Turner. It's a pony name. But call him what you like. It's like Derpy Hooves and Ditzy Doo. Up to the human being talking.

If you can justify why he'd be going to the mysterious south, I guess I can let you use him. Of course, the idea isn't set in stone. I'd love to hear some new ideas from anyone right now.