General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Damn. I might try it eventually just for the 3D.

Sadly.

I've had just about everything happen to me that can.

Eaten by cacos and pinkies/spectres, ripped in half by hell knights/barons, burned by imps, burned by lost souls, exploded and burned by archviles, decapitated by revanants, stomped on by cybers, blown to pieces by every type of zombie.

Can spidermasterminds stomp on you as well? :huh:

Haven, are you some kind of suicide-bomber-man-thingy? :o

not just 3D, but some cool effects, too. like when there's a sky set as the ceiling, the ground gets covered in the shade the sky is in, fake radiosity, smooth warping textures (if you'd take a look at, say, water, for example, it rotates very smoothly between the frames. it's really awesome because it works on other animated textures, too!), shinemaps (some textures gets shiny surfaces, weapon models, too, and switches get lights emitting from them), and probably other features.

i haven't seen masterminds stomping on me. then again, i stay the hell away from them and their chainguns!

• Brohoof 1

Haven, are you some kind of suicide-bomber-man-thingy? :o

not just 3D, but some cool effects, too. like when there's a sky set as the ceiling, the ground gets covered in the shade the sky is in, fake radiosity, smooth warping textures (if you'd take a look at, say, water, for example, it rotates very smoothly between the frames. it's really awesome because it works on other animated textures, too!), shinemaps (some textures gets shiny surfaces, weapon models, too, and switches get lights emitting from them), and probably other features.

i haven't seen masterminds stomping on me. then again, i stay the hell away from them and their chainguns!

Uuuuuhhhh......Maybe....

I do have a habit of running either into enemies or past them. Most times I do so trying to escape cause I trap myself in.

When it comes to Cybers and Masterminds I do also have an odd tendency to close the distance and strafe while shooting. Not sure why....

Ooh, cool. Now I just gotta make myself actually download it. Which is the hard part for anything...

Hmmm, I now have something to experiment with...

Uuuuuhhhh......Maybe....

I do have a habit of running either into enemies or past them. Most times I do so trying to escape cause I trap myself in.

When it comes to Cybers and Masterminds I do also have an odd tendency to close the distance and strafe while shooting. Not sure why....

Ooh, cool. Now I just gotta make myself actually download it. Which is the hard part for anything...

Hmmm, I now have something to experiment with...

yeah, unfortunately, i can't help you that much with the setup, as Doomsday is something you install, and can't run out of the box, so to speak. then there are all these addons you have to download if you want hi res textures and 3D models and such. but it's fairly straight-forward, though: install the engine, setup your different game-files, and load the addons you want that you have downloaded. addons are simply put in Snowberry's (the DEngine UI) addon folder, and boxes are checked when you want to use certain addons.

• Brohoof 1

I never knew your character...

He's not fully done yet, is why.

Basically, he is a unicorn who loves music and strives to become some sort of famous Electronic producer.

Some sort of light blue in the body with a light/lime green (I forgot which one exactly) colored mane. His mane is going to be spiky, but the pony creator does not have the right one I want. Actually, the one I want is this one from Runescape: Spike_Trap_hairstyle.png

And his cutie mark will be one a sound wave in a circle. I'm not fully sure if there will be a music note or something else in the middle.

I sort of want to make him a drummer like myself so I don't go overboard with OC's for every little aspect of me.

I also want to make his idol Vinyl Scratch. And I have this odd notion to ship him with Trixie for some reason....

Oh, and his name, for now unless I decide to change it again, is Synth Pulse.

Ideas for a name are still open if anyone has any. I do quite like this one though.

yeah, unfortunately, i can't help you that much with the setup, as Doomsday is something you install, and can't run out of the box, so to speak. then there are all these addons you have to download if you want hi res textures and 3D models and such. but it's fairly straight-forward, though: install the engine, setup your different game-files, and load the addons you want that you have downloaded. addons are simply put in Snowberry's (the DEngine UI) addon folder, and boxes are checked when you want to use certain addons.

Shouldn't be much trouble at all whenever I decide to try it.

I'm sure I can handle it.

Ps, Spidermasterminds do not stomp on you. They also back away when you get too close and punch them enough and have no execution animation. They just die normally.

Edited by TGAP DJ HVen MM the Mighty

Ps, Spidermasterminds do not stomp on you. They also back away when you get too close and punch them enough and have no execution animation. They just die normally.

yeah, that's probably because spriting those fatalities would be a PITA because of how excruciatingly large and detailed the Cyberdemon respectively Spider Mastermind is. every other enemy have fatalities, though, i believe (except the secret Nazi enemies, which by the way carries a new weapon with them.)

I never know how to react, either. Curse you, social ineptitude.

You know you have social ineptitude of a large magnitude when people have to ask if you like something. Reaction... what's a reaction?

I really need to learn how to vector. I really wanna get my OC design set in stone. :c

You don't need a vector to get it set in stone.

[img=http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1705/snotallama.png]At the least, I can still access Imageshack.

Me likey the rough sketch. :wacko:

The sound wave itself is going to be circular. Not inside of one.

yeah, that's probably because spriting those fatalities would be a PITA because of how excruciatingly large and detailed the Cyberdemon respectively Spider Mastermind is. every other enemy have fatalities, though, i believe (except the secret Nazi enemies, which by the way carries a new weapon with them.)

Makes sense. I'd be too lazy to change all that.

And I know, I figured that out through cheats.

And I love that thing!

Oh look, I didn't miss page 3000.

I'm worried about Sugar Plum...

What makes you say that?

@, How in the world do you kill unholy demons with just guns? It makes no sense...

Oh look, I didn't miss page 3000.

What makes you say that?

@, How in the world do you kill unholy demons with just guns? It makes no sense...

One of Sugar Plum's status updates was about not talking about ponies or art to any ever again. The status was locked and there was no user avatar...

One of Sugar Plum's status updates was about not talking about ponies or art to any ever again. The status was locked and there was no user avatar...

Aye, I've been worrying about Plummy, but I don't bother them. PM Sugar Plum if you think it'll be a good idea.

How in the world do you kill unholy demons with just guns? It makes no sense...

they're less like that kind of demons, and more like alien beings from another dimension. they're more like a kind of species of its own, and in all species there is life and death. thus, they are mortal beings which can be slayed.

• Brohoof 1

Aye, I've been worrying about Plummy, but I don't bother them. PM Sugar Plum if you think it'll be a good idea.

I don't want to bother Sugar Plum either but I really hope Sugar Plum works whatever problems are present out.

I don't want to bother Sugar Plum either but I really hope Sugar Plum works whatever problems are present out.

Seems like a safe course of action.

they're less like that kind of demons, and more like alien beings from another dimension. they're more like a kind of species of its own, and in all species there is life and death. thus, they are mortal beings which can be slayed.

But aren't they a bunch of different species? Like the scary whatevers, and the freaky thingamabobs?

But aren't they a bunch of different species? Like the scary whatevers, and the freaky thingamabobs?

different species, yeah. there are similarities, of course, like Cacodemons and Painelementals, and the two different types of Hell Nobles, but the bestiary is varied. one of the stronger points of Doom outside most FPS games, among other things.

• Brohoof 1