General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Ummm, something. I don't think its quite specific.

Seems like fighting pony games and cons around the world.

And he just brohoofed a post or two of mine, which is why I said that.

ohhhh, he just brohoofed me too. XD
  • Brohoof 2

With any luck, you'll get the right ones. :) And then you'll make us all jelly if you do go when oyu go all "OMG I MET "X" VA/WRITER/FAMOUS BRONY/PERSON" and we'll all understand. :lol:

We'll see about that, I need to find a way to make some money first. I'm just about out of funds that I made at my summer job.

Really? I haven't had much trouble other than the double posting and slight lag when posting.

Sucks to be me :U

*rolls around on the floor

Anyway, does anyone here knows how to roleplay a beast that have no intelligent thought? :wacko:

Anyway, does anyone here knows how to roleplay a beast that have no intelligent thought?

Well, I have no RP experience, but that seems rather impossible. Unless the grammar you made was so badly written, but comprehensible enough to make the action understood, that seems completely "no go", Star. :blink:

We'll see about that, I need to find a way to make some money first. I'm just about out of funds that I made at my summer job.

Well, if CG happens again, you'll probably have time until past mid-September to gather enough money and resources to go, so at least you have time to make it all happen, if all goes well.

Well, I have no RP experience, but that seems rather impossible. Unless the grammar you made was so badly written, but comprehensible enough to make the action understood, that seems completely "no go", Star. :blink:

Unless Chimera can speak, I doubt I need any grammar for him :wacko:

This beast I'm talking about is like your everyday bears and lions, no speech feature, only the most basic of instincts.

Well, if CG happens again, you'll probably have time until past mid-September to gather enough money and resources to go, so at least you have time to make it all happen, if all goes well.

Yeah I could definitely make it, and if I don't I'll definitely make it there the next year. It just depends how everything goes for me really. I do have a guaranteed summer job though. I could work from June until November if I really wanted to.

Oh, look. Its Berry Pie. Just who I was looking for!

I tried to use the name you and Sugar made up, but its too long. :(

I don't know if I should use the acronym or just stay Hven for now.

TG&P DJ H-VEN MM the Mighty. How is that?

btw, berry ain't on. i think.

I wasn't. My brother was forcing me to make him a Creatures world.

Anyway, does anyone here knows how to roleplay a beast that have no intelligent thought? :wacko:

Yeah. Why do you ask?

Unless Chimera can speak, I doubt I need any grammar for him :wacko:

This beast I'm talking about is like your everyday bears and lions, no speech feature, only the most basic of instincts.

Well, if you saw Fullmetal Alchemist, a chimera speaking is totally legit. ;)

Also, now I understand (ir's probably because of my lack of RP knowledge :lol: ). Well, if anything, writing something based on animal instincts would probably not be that hard, but you need to make it short and good enough so as to not bore or it might seem TOO much for creature with basic instincts, but concise enougb to make the point (although I think that might depend on the RP...). Anyway, so long as what you write for the creature is legit enough that it seems it's adapting to the situations given in the RP, I think that's the way to go. A creature with basic instincts has two main that are crucial for an RP writing, I think: Survival and Adaptability.

That any help? :huh:

• Brohoof 1

Let's see if this gets your attention:

- I was imagining about the ramifications of the Pyfgcrl Chat Thread having a dedicated RP thread in the RP subsection. Then I imagined Ganaram going to the store to get [You know what] for Viscra...

- I don't have anything else.

Yeah. Why do you ask?

Do you have any pointer? Posted Image

I don't know how to play as a cute kitten or marauding lion :x

No alchemist here, just some stupid archmages combined with ten bottles of Moonshine :wacko:

Yeah I could definitely make it, and if I don't I'll definitely make it there the next year. It just depends how everything goes for me really. I do have a guaranteed summer job though. I could work from June until November if I really wanted to.

Nice! :D Just a question though. Will you try making it to TrotCon too? :huh: (I don't ask about the other, because it's on May and you may not reach there for all three).

Let's see if this gets your attention:

- I was imagining about the ramifications of the Pyfgcrl Chat Thread having a dedicated RP thread in the RP subsection. Then I imagined Ganaram going to the store to get [You know what] for Viscra...

- I don't have anything else.

Attention?

What attention? :wacko:

I have no attention span.

And an RP for this place about this place? :huh:

Not sure how that would work out...

Nice! :D Just a question though. Will you try making it to TrotCon too? :huh: (I don't ask about the other, because it's on May and you may not reach there for all three).

I'll probably just aim for Canterlot Gardens, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to find a different job before those other 2 conventions take place.

Then I imagined Ganaram going to the store to get [You know what] for Viscra...

If you take what happened the last few days in here, it would be Viscra getting [you know what] for everyone else.

Edited by Jinx

I was going to say the same exact thing! :D

The only thing is, I got Chimera and Humonculous mixed up. :x

I wasn't sure which one was talking in that show.

No alchemist here, just some stupid archmages combined with ten bottles of Moonshine :wacko:

Ah, drunk archmages? Cool! :lol: But seriously, I think what I said (and more importantly, what Berry might point you to), would be useful to you. I think.

I'll probably just aim for Canterlot Gardens, I'm still not sure if I'll be able to find a different job before those other 2 conventions take place.

CG would be the most important yes. If anything get a job anyway before so you can get more pony stuff (and FIM crew autographs) when you reach CG. :D

I was going to say the same exact thing! :D

The only thing is, I got Chimera and Humonculous mixed up. :x

Actually, a chimera spoke WAAAAAY less than a humonculous (not sure how to write that in English... and also, remember the humonculous were part of the main plot)). But the point was, a chimera speaking in that show WAS possible. :mellow:

I don't know how to play as a cute kitten or marauding lion :x

Why do you want to learn how to anyway? I think it would be a good idea to study a pet or something. Animals act on instinct. It takes some imagination to put yourself in the place of a creature. Animals usually just care about self preservation of itself, and sometimes, its young. Do some research on "Fight or Flight". Beyond that, just pretend you are the animal you want to be.
  • Brohoof 1

But the point was, a chimera speaking in that show WAS possible. :mellow:

You remember the girl who was combined with her dog by her dad? That one couldn't talk :wacko:

Why do you want to learn how to anyway? I think it would be a good idea to study a pet or something. Animals act on instinct. It takes some imagination to put yourself in the place of a creature. Animals usually just care about self preservation of itself, and sometimes, its young. Do some research on "Fight or Flight". Beyond that, just pretend you are the animal you want to be.

Fight or Flight. Got it! :P

Now where is that corgi...

• Brohoof 2

You remember the girl who was combined with her dog by her dad? That one couldn't talk :wacko:

Well, technically she could. In a totally broken way, but she could. Ergo, if one were to use intelligent enough creatures, the possibility of a completely fluent speaking chimera seems plausible to me.

And what Berry said makes sense. Pick an animal, imagine yourself, and just remember that it has to be all instincts. After that, you should be fine. One important thing though, I think, is that you can't realy that much on impressions so much, because they can't do them so much as other creatures. Shaking would probably be your main, as well as using great importance of silence in plenty of moments. Not sure if this is correct or not though. :unsure:

• Brohoof 1