General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I find it ...humbling that you have more brohoofs than me, yet fewer recognized posts. ._.

He have like 1988 posts in here :V

You should take a look at Berry Pie if you want something mind-blowing

I wouldn't have that many brohoofs, do you think that drawings is a fair source of brohoofs? because the best way to make a lot of brohoofs and fast is making art threads.

Art threads is a steady source of brohooves, but I suggest don't rely on it too much. Some of those critics can be quite hurtful with their words.

feel it now? ;)

Please allow me to return the favor

Posted Image

• Brohoof 2

The ways to get brohoofs:

• Art
  • Be first to post in a thread; post something that everyone who has common sense already knows
  • GCT
  • Be a mod
  • Be well-known
  • Make jokes in forum games
  • Make threads like this.
you are very wise, I think the same.
  • Brohoof 2

Art threads is a steady source of brohooves, but I suggest don't rely on it too much. Some of those critics can be quite hurtful with their words.

tell me about it, I got destroyed with my human Rarities

Please allow me to return the favor

good thing that I like it raw ;)
  • Brohoof 2

Brohoofs are pointless, especially with this thread's existence. Goodnight people, ughhh I should've went to sleep 2 hours ago.

But collecting is fun! :P

Night!

• Be first to post in a thread; post something that everyone who has common sense already knows
  • Be well-known

These two doesn't exactly work imo. Most of the time people will only skim the entire thread before posting his opinion, then after that he will pay more attention to the thread (in case someone disagrees with him)

About the well-known part, not all the popular member get praised whenever they go. If one's not careful, he might get well-known with lots of enemies.

• Brohoof 1

wait

wat

you didnt

call me a negative name?

who are you and what have you done with Mashin' Spork?

but I agreed...what do you want! :V

These two doesn't exactly work imo. Most of the time people will only skim the entire thread before posting his opinion, then after that he will pay more attention to the thread (in case someone disagrees with him) About the well-known part, not all the popular member get praised whenever they go. If one's not careful, he might get well-known with lots of enemies.

• if you are one of the first to post something meaningful that almost everyone agrees in a recently made thread (new thread) you can be sure that your post will be popular. And usually the ones who get more attention are the ones that are max 5 lines long. Meaning, not too long, unless is a very touchy subject (like these religion threads, or homosexualism threads, or life advice)
  • true that... I am very well known, but I have posts that don't get a single brohoof, but the majority of my posts get brohoofs, and I've seen quality posts of cupcakes or muffins and they get nothing, being well known helps a lot.
  • Brohoof 2

These two doesn't exactly work imo. Most of the time people will only skim the entire thread before posting his opinion, then after that he will pay more attention to the thread (in case someone disagrees with him)

People are more tempted to read a single or a handful of posts rather than an entire page full's. If you're the first to post, everyone will come in the thread because it's new, and most likely actually read your post, as it won't take that much time.

Really, all you have to do is post something that a lot of people will agree with (I said common sense, but this is also true). Like in the one thread about "If MLP had adult themes, would you watch it?", I posted no and then pretty much just said it would ruin what makes the show... the show. Tons of people will naturally brohoof it, as they agree with the "no" part from the beginning. :L Now, if I took a few pages to say the EXACT same thing, no one would brohoof it, just because. First gets like 50 percent extra chance for a brohoof.

So, who's in the holiday spirit? :3

I love Christmas time, but there's no point in being excited an entire month beforehand. Edited by Mei
  • Brohoof 3

People are more tempted to read a single or a handful of posts rather than an entire page full's. If you're the first to post, everyone will come in the thread because it's new, and most likely actually read your post, as it won't take that much time.

Really, all you have to do is post something that a lot of people will agree with (I said common sense, but this is also true). Like in the one thread about "If MLP had adult themes, would you watch it?", I posted no and then pretty much just said it would ruin what makes the show... the show. Tons of people will naturally brohoof it, as they agree with the "no" part from the beginning. :L Now, if I took a few pages to say the EXACT same thing, no one would brohoof it, just because. First gets like 50 percent extra chance for a brohoof.

I completelly agree with you, but there are threads that are 15 pages long, but some has their differences, I posted a really crappy review of season 3 premiere in the show discussion thread, and it was at the page 18 I think and it got popular very quickly, but that was because everyone was lurking on that thread constantly due to season 3 premiere.
  • Brohoof 1

Posted Image

if you are one of the first to post something meaningful that almost everyone agrees in a recently made thread (new thread) you can be sure that your post will be popular.

I've tried that many many times, even with puns and funny reaction images, but only a small part of them got more than three brohooves :x

Sometimes a snarky remark can works much better, but more often than not, people get pissed :<

I've seen quality posts of cupcakes or muffins and they get nothing, being well known helps a lot.

Heheh, yeah... That's why I always try to brohoof those newbs, only when their post is actually good ofc. We need to nurture those little seeds :o

So, who's in the holiday spirit? :3

Not yet... My paycheck won't arrive until 5th december Posted Image

Really, all you have to do is post something that a lot of people will agree with

But that's no fun :wacko:

it's always more exciting if we can post something that is agreeable, but provoking at the same time

First gets like 50 percent extra chance for a brohoof.

Ditto~

• Brohoof 1

Those are all quick techniques to get brohoofs, but the best and usually most efficient way is to work on posting something genuinely meaningful, insightful or witty. If you put thought or effort into it, then you'll probably gain brohoofs for it.

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 3

I completelly agree with you, but there are threads that are 15 pages long, but some has their differences, I posted a really crappy review of season 3 premiere in the show discussion thread, and it was at the page 18 I think and it got popular very quickly, but that was because everyone was lurking on that thread constantly due to season 3 premiere.

Well, that's more of a unique post, rather than just a response to a yes/no question like mine was. :L There's always exceptions.

Like this one of mine wasn't first, but it still got brohoofs, cuz it was silly. Now, this was just silly, while yours wasn't, but still.

• Brohoof 2

Those are all quick techniques to get brohoofs, but the best and usually most efficient way is to work on posting something genuinely meaningful, insightful or witty. If you put thought or effort into it, then you'll probably gain brohoofs for it.

Addendum: it also helps if one doesn't end up getting the last post on a page. x3.

Anyway, I'm off for the night. Goodnight everyhuman.

• Brohoof 2

We totally need a way to see which of our posts got the most brohooves :x

If you put thought or effort into it, then you'll probably gain brohoofs for it.

The problem is, someone else (be it popular guy or a freaking mod) can parrot your post, and get more brohooves than you.

Happens to me a handful times... I tried posting something thoughtful in a headcanon discussion thread, after a few hours a fucking mod posts an almost the same thing (albeit with more funny words), and then my earlier post got ignored.

Anyway, night! :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, that's more of a unique post, rather than just a response to a yes/no question like mine was. :L There's always exceptions.

Like this one of mine wasn't first, but it still got brohoofs, cuz it was silly. Now, this was just silly, while yours wasn't, but still.

now that you mention it, yes your post was very unique, silly and creative...

maybe I got my post popular, because anyone used the review "system" to give their thoughts on the episode. I separated my thoughts on story and characters I think. but didn't gave it scores XD

after that, people started to make reviews.

• Brohoof 1

The problem is, someone else (be it popular guy or a freaking mod) can parrot your post, and get more brohooves than you. Happens to me a handful times... I tried posting something thoughtful in a headcanon discussion thread, after a few hours a fucking mod posts an almost the same thing (albeit with more funny words), and then my earlier post got ignored. Anyway, night!

I agree... I'm going to single out Zoop, now, I don't have anything against Zoop, in fact, it's not about him...but I mean, not everything he writes is that great, except for the site threads that he makes. And out of nowhere people brohoof him just because. He can write "poop" and it's not even funny and everyone brohoof him and it feels weird. People automatically click the button because they saw his username and profile pic isntead of reading the content of his post. Edited by Motion Spark
  • Brohoof 4

I agree... I'm going to single out Zoop, now, I don't have anything against Zoop, in fact, it's not about him...but I mean, everything he writes it's not that great, except for the site threads that he makes. And out of nowhere people brohoof him just because. He can write "poop" and it's not even funny and everyone brohoof him and it feels weird. People automatically click the button because they saw his username and profile pic isntead of reading the content of his post.

This is why.

I married the man.

I was hoping some of that power would come to me, as well. c:

As if I could ever truly love a bald man such as himself! >:L

• Brohoof 4

This is why.

I married the man.

he definitelly transfered some of his brohoofness, you are a brohoof magnet yourself.

Finally! Someone who knows what I'm talking about! Posted Image

Have a cake

Posted Image

how would I say no to Rarity? :)
  • Brohoof 1

Even before the whole Zoop part, most of regular visitors in this site already knows about Chiaki/Sugar Plum :V

Screencapped and will be used as a blackmail

• Brohoof 1