Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

I know SSDs work really really great for putting your OS and frequently accessed crud on, but are there really other advantages, other than reduced risk of head crashing?

Dunno, I just know SSD-caching for servers. :P

Never heard of it.

It used to be the World's most popular MMO, it's user base has never been beaten. Peaking at 40 million users.

However it was released in 2002 so there have been many other MMO's that people have gravitated too. 

I've never played it myself it just hit steam as free to play today.

I hear you... Kinda. Except I'm more Visual Basic and C++ than Java and Python.

I was taught some Visual Basic stuff in school, couldn't do much with it but i'm pretty sure it was easier than Java or Python. What's C++ like? I haven't looked into it but ive heard it has a really steep learning curve. If it's harder than Java or Python i'm just gonna go ahead and not even bother.

Edited by ThatFinnMetalhead
  • Brohoof 1

I was taught some Visual Basic stuff in school, couldn't do much with it but i'm pretty sure it was easier than Java or Python. What's C++ like? I haven't looked into it but ive heard it has a really steep learning curve. If it's harder than Java or Python i'm just gonna go ahead and not even bother.

I find it a lot easier than Visual Basic, because when I was taught VB, there were a lot of parts to it that required creating some sort of interface with buttons, text, textboxes, etc (the form), whereas with C++, I was dealing more with the code because, at this point, I know nothing about making a UI with C++.

Still learning as I go. Once tried to make a special modder's calculator using VB, but I coded myself into a corner.

I also did some pony-related tomfoolery with C++ that made its way into my C++ final. Maybe one day I'd like to refine it. It's been awhile since I touched Visual Studio...

Well sure enough the state of Colorado wants to take away my drivers license. After my accident the cop that was there must of filed a report against me and now the state wants my therapist and psychaitrist to sign something that would say I am safe to drive.

If they don't, well, no drivers license for me anymore. I really love driving, but I just don't deal with traffic very well.. Ehh.

I hope I'll be able to convince them to give me a second chance.

Revoking your license for a first offense sounds a bit extreme. I'm sure they'll make some provisions for you to keep it unless you were drunk or something, unless Colorado is generally a ridiculous state.