General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Except it took me about 200 times longer than average to even make a post like that.

Question: My connection speed gets as low as 1kbps but currently averages ~10kbps. Is that pitiful?

PinkieShrug.png

<>

Then probably I wouldn't expect you to have any recommendations for any alternatives.

Bored nothing to do so how are things?

What's the slowest your Internet speed has been? If it's slower than 1k at its worst, then I can't possibly be the only person with the suckiest ISP ever.

By the way, it's 21:50 and my connection, by my guess, was at less than 10k since about 15:00

Then probably I wouldn't expect you to have any recommendations for any alternatives.

What's the slowest your Internet speed has been? If it's slower than 1k at its worst, then I can't possibly be the only person with the suckiest ISP ever.

By the way, it's 21:50 and my connection, by my guess, was at less than 10k since about 15:00

Wait, did you change your ISP code any time recently?

Heya haven gai :D lol

Can't sleep atm and I haven't really been doing too much either besides applying for jobs and such. My attempt to kill time these days 

Ohai :D

Oh, did that other job not work out for ya? The one your friend was gonna set you up in? Das no good D:

Also, it feels like someone is ignoring me for whatever reason. x)

Wait, did you change your ISP code any time recently?

My dad mentioned that, but since he's the least computer literate out of everyone in the family, I can't expect him to, well, actually make any sense.

My dad mentioned that, but since he's the least computer literate out of everyone in the family, I can't expect him to, well, actually make any sense.

Are you going wired or wireless?

Oh, did that other job not work out for ya? The one your friend was gonna set you up in? Das no good D:

Well I applied at that job no response back. So since then just been applying for other places around you know just hoping to land something eventually. 

@@Ganaram Inukshuk,

What service do you have?  

Also, it feels like someone is ignoring me for whatever reason.

Simply put, I felt like you've grown too distant for me to talk to.

Are you going wired or wireless?

Wired. I kinda have to be; I renounced the use of laptops for household use about a year ago.

What service do you have?

Verizon.

(edited)

Simply put, I felt like you've grown too distant for me to talk to.

Wired. I kinda have to be; I renounced the use of laptops for household use about a year ago.

Verizon.

You should run a test and see how strong the connection is between your router and the ISP server. Edited by LatinoChurro

This is more specific than just going to speedtest.net, ain't it?

Of course, but first what operating system are you using? Windows? it could be a problem with that too, due to the fact that the specifications could be reconfigured.

(edited)

well was just stopping by for a bit hope all of you have been doing well though as always.

Oh by the way... Lost the result of my first speed test; second time around, I timed out.

Of course, but first what operating system are you using? Windows? it could be a problem with that too, due to the fact that the specifications could be reconfigured.

Windows 8 minus 1. What else?

(Oh by the way, there are three other users in my home, so my guess is that they're also gumming up the lines, or at least that's been the theory for, well, the past year.)

Edited by Ganaram Inukshuk

well was just stopping by for a bit hope all of you have been doing well though as always.

Aww, you're leaving already? D:

Oh, well, nice chatting wit ya.

Let's see, erratic changes to avatar and username before switching back to Haven. You're the reason for making anime awkward on me.

ohps. :x

I do like to change mah name and somewhat dress up in whatever waifu I happened to obtain from the newest anime Ive watched. Can't disagree with that. Guess it can be somewhat of a bad thing then, huh.

And last I remember, you never cared for anime anyhow. I shouldn't have made it much worse.

Also, you remind me.....I think its time to find something to dress up in again. x)

• Brohoof 1

Windows 8-1. What else?

(Oh by the way, there are three other users in my home, so my guess is that they're also gumming up the lines, or at least that's been the theory for, well, the past year.)

Talk with your Internet provider and see what options you get. At the very least, get your ISP changed. And yeah, those other users sound like a problem. If possible, maybe you could find a way to eliminate them.

Talk with your Internet provider and see what options you get. At the very least, get your ISP changed. And yeah, those other users sound like a problem. If possible, maybe you could find a way to eliminate them.

67% of the other users is the rest of my family, AKA my Internet-addicted autistic sisters. Sidenote: I picked up on their habits; I honestly think one of them's a furry (for lack of a better word) and the other's an anime freak.

The other 33% is my little brother, but all of them, myself included, have to be connected continuously.

The other 1% is my dad, who only ever browses YouoYTuuT for news (not like it matters since he browses so little).

Yeah, probably I better find a different provider. I've had enough as it is.

Also, speaking of animu and avvies and such. LatinoChurro. Your avvy. I wholeheartedly approve.

Alright, I've had enough.

67% of the other users is the rest of my family, AKA my Internet-addicted autistic sisters. Sidenote: I picked up on their habits; I honestly think one of them's a furry (for lack of a better word) and the other's an anime freak.

The other 33% is my little brother, but all of them, myself included, have to be connected continuously.

The other 1% is my dad, who only ever browses YouoYTuuT for news (not like it matters since he browses so little).

Yeah, probably I better find a different provider. I've had enough as it is.

You your using wired right? What cables exactly are you using??