General Chat Thread

Apple      Bloom

Old FPS games... Only one I played that counts as old and isn't TF2 is Call of Duty 3 on the PS2 :L

Well... That I can remember, that is...

I'm talking before aim down sights and regenerating health. 

Like properly old early 3d accelleration or even '2.5d' games.

...I'm old.

And then suddenly, our route takes all fucking day thanks to our oversized cargo snail :|

And I'm not even being paid by the hour either >:|

Fucking stupid Bullshit :/

Gamer Twilight, on 29 Apr 2014 - 3:41 PM, said:

I'm talking before aim down sights and regenerating health.

Like properly old early 3d accelleration or even '2.5d' games.

...I'm old.

Or when it was easier to play without a mouse, or prior to mouse support.

Or when it was easier to play without a mouse, or prior to mouse support.

Quake was the last game you could play without a mouse but the experience would have been crap. Any 3d accelerated fps requires a mouse. Even Doom had full mouse support.

Ah, so games like Doom, then? Then no :x

Late 90's are my favourites. You can only play so much doom before you get sick of it.

You just have to see this vidya dawg, dey got sum mad hook-ups, amirite?

Edited by Gamer Twilight

Quake was the last game you could play without a mouse but the experience would have been crap. Any 3d accelerated fps requires a mouse. Even Doom had full mouse support.

Yeah, but I found Doom much easier to play without one. I remember it not working out so well with Dark Forces either.

There're a lot of games that can be played without a mouse.

Even Doom,who had mouse support,could be perfectly played without a mouse(and I play it withou a mouse :P )

Yeah, but I found Doom much easier to play without one. I remember it not working out so well with Dark Forces either.

Dark Forces is too perfectly playable without mouse,

I have Dark Forces on my PC,and i',ve found it more comfortable to play without mouse(I don't know how the others will feel)

I've just binded my Attack buttin to Ctrl,and all the game can be played without mouse :P

Edited by Lightwing

Oh yeah I prefer doom and all the 2.5d shooters without a mouse. I use the WADS to move and the arrow keys to turn. In multiplayer though a mouse is a must for doom, you need god like twitch reflexes to win a match and anything but a mouse won't cut it. 

There're a lot of games that can be played without a mouse.

Even Doom,who had mouse support,could be perfectly played without a mouse(and I play it withou a mouse :P )

Dark Forces is too perfectly playable without mouse,

I have Dark Forces on my PC,and i',ve found it more comfortable to play without mouse(I don't know how the others will feel)

I've just binded my Attack buttin to Ctrl,and all the game can be played without mouse :P

We should have some kind of retro shooter deathmatch at some point I have all the classics on GOG or steam. Obviously a lot of them don't have servers anymore at least not official ones, but games like doom have source ports you can play multiplayer in and unreal tournament suprisingly still has servers. I've been trying to get together bronies to game against for about a year now to little success. Doesn't help I tend to play old stuff.

I've spent the past 45 minutes learning the most basic of the basics for programming in python so I'm off to drink some hard cider. 

Catch y'all at a later point. 

:derp: 

Oh yeah I prefer doom and all the 2.5d shooters without a mouse. I use the WADS to move and the arrow keys to turn. In multiplayer though a mouse is a must for doom, you need god like twitch reflexes to win a match and anything but a mouse won't cut it.

We should have some kind of retro shooter deathmatch at some point I have all the classics on GOG or steam. Obviously a lot of them don't have servers anymore at least not official ones, but games like doom have source ports you can play multiplayer in and unreal tournament suprisingly still has servers. I've been trying to get together bronies to game against for about a year now to little success. Doesn't help I tend to play old stuff.

I've spent the past 45 minutes learning the most basic of the basics for programming in python so I'm off to drink some hard cider.

Catch y'all at a later point.

:derp:

Well,UT and Doom are still great games for Multiplayer.

They doesn't have things like regenerations and so,so when you have critic health,you have to be. very careful(But,surpringsly,i love that adverse conditions :P )

• Brohoof 1

Well,UT and Doom are still great games for Multiplayer.

They doesn't have things like regenerations and so,so when you have critic health,you have to be. very careful(But,surpringsly,i love that adverse conditions :P )

Yep I still play a bit of doom multiplayer on rare occasion. I would UT as well, but wow those guys have skill.

I mean I can finish middle or maybe even top on a doom deathmatch and bare in mind I average 2 deathmatches per month like 10 minutes of game time.  B) 

But In UT they will tear you apart. They have the best players I've ever come across, it's also why I avoid the UT servers, might be fun with some pony folk though. I'm decent at multiplayer, but not pro so I could game against regular players and provide a challenge but to a point that it's still a game and not a situation of trying to stay alive for long enough to enjoy yourself.  :catface: 

You can add me on steam if you like. Word of warning though I hate anyone who steam chats with me at random. I'm a gamer only on steam, If I want to chat or whatever I'll go on a forum:derp: 

http://steamcommunity.com/id/comicconreviews/

Unrelated to anything: everything time I see that banner on this forum mentioning 'come to SASS' I think it means the variant of CSS3.

Edited by Gamer Twilight

(edited)

I like the more zoomed in one!

Thanks for the input ^_^

I thought it looked better too cuz the other one seems to have a little too much space on the right.

Edited by LatinoChurro

(edited)

You want me to give myself a crate full of hugs? O_o

TlAedBA.gif

Edited by Fox
  • Brohoof 1