Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is more Dangerous the Parasprites or the Changelings?

pinkiefan1287

Who is more dangerous?  

24 users have voted

1. 1. Who is more dangerous?

• Parasprites
    • Changelings

So I was watching Swarm of the Century and just looked at all the food the parasprites ate and the destruction they made in Ponyville. Then thought about the Changelings and how they attacked Canterlot and how in the comics they wiped out that whole village of creators. Then I got to thinking that the Parasprites and the Changelings are both similar in many ways. They attack in a group, both are insect like, and in the end they are both creators that could ultimately destroy the whole world. Parasprites eat all kinds of food and with the help of magic well eat anything. While Changleings eat other creators.

So who do you consider a bigger threat the Parasprites or the Changelings?

I believe that the Changelings are a bigger threat. Even if the Parasprites eat some of the food in a town as long as the residents are a live they can rebuild and can regrow their food. Also they can be controlled by music. While the Changelings eat other and don't seem to care about the land and would let it rot away with out a care. Even if you get rid of them it would be hard to rebuild a town and get things back to normal. So in the end the Changelings to me are the bigger threat. 

The Changelings. The Parasprites can be classified as a 'pest', and nothing more; they're not sentient, they thrive off of hunger and instinct, not desire for power or emotions like greed like the Changelings have, and they're not vicious and cunning like changelings are. If you know how to get rid of parasprites, you're golden; they won't plot against you in order to stop you from sending them away because they're just creatures. They're creatures that eat and multiply at an alarming rate, but they, individually, are harmless and wouldn't hurt a fly. In fact, they prefer cuddling to hurting xD

The parasprites are based off of the Tribbles from Star Trek, which were also cute little animals that multiplied way too fast.

• Brohoof 1

The changelings are far more dangerous, they are masters of disguise and manipulation, their queen infiltrated Canterlot Castle by impersonating Princess Candence and systematically weakening the groom so that her army could eventually break through his barrier and stage an invasion. The parasprites while they are a serious problem are easy disposed of with the right method as Pinkie Pie has shown us, and since they are not sapient beings are not capable of the kind of plots that changelings are.

Changelings, hands down.

Think of it this way: Parasprites may be bad news, but they are more or less mindless, adorable eating machines that can be led away. They're just pests.

640px-S02E26_changling_army.png

Changelings are sentient creatures. They are an army raised up for the sole purpose of feeding off you and ruining your day.

They are designed to eff your crap up.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

...I want to say Changelings, but the parasprites actually have a lot more destructive power than we see in their episode. And we already DO see quite some destruction. But an important thing to consider about Parasprites is all it takes is a single one to destroy a town. And now, because I can, I'm going to guesstimate: It was about 15 minutes between the time Fluttershy found the first one in that episode and the time it coughed up a baby.

1 in 0 minutes

2 in 15 minutes

4 in 30 minutes

8 in 45 minutes

16 in 1 hour

256 in 2 hours

4096 in 3 hours

65536 in 4 hours

You could argue that it takes longer for them to cough up a new babysprite, but we still have the time frame of 1 can turn into an army in one afternoon/overnight. However long it takes them to reproduce, it will still get ridiculous within a day or two.

With this I think the parasprites might actually have a chance at being more dangerous than the changelings. Still tough to say though.

Random fun fact: Using my method, the formula for parasprites would be: y=2^(x/15)
where y is the number of parasprites and x is time elapsed in minutes.

Oh yay, this is the post that got me from muffin to cupcake!

Edited by Zerobot
  • Brohoof 1

Oh Oh OH I like this question :3

In the short term...Changelings would be the most dangerous as they would take over Equestria and eat all the love...which is obviously bad.

In the long term, Id say Parasprites because they would eventually eat up all the food...leaving everypony to starve to death.

Atleast with changelings, people have a really good chance to fight back.

• Brohoof 2

Changelings. Parasprites, despite being able to multiply rather quickly and being very destructive, are classified as pests, whilst changelings are an OP race of bug-alicorns who can shape-shift.

Changelings. Everyone knows this: it's not even a contest.

The parasprites are easily controlled once you know what to do, and the ponies already know what to do. Equestria is a land of plenty, so them eating the food in one area before someone can play pied piper isn't a very big threat.

The Changelings, though? A hostile group of shapeshifters? How is this not a gigantic threat? Just about the only thing the ponies have going for them here is that the Changelings need them alive.

• Brohoof 1

Just about the only thing the ponies have going for them here is that the Changelings need them alive.

What a incredibly dark but apt way of putting it.

Yeah, so what this guy said. It's basically a contest between Tribbles and Toilken Orcs, except with lasers, flying, and the ability to shapeshift.

I'd say the Changelings by far. They can disguise themselves; shape-shifting into anything their non-existent hearts desire. 

Parasprites, well, they're just bugs that you can lead away with a bunch of instruments. I guess they are pretty dangerous if you don't know what to do to get rid of them, but the changelings are still more powerful. 

Changelings. They can take the form of others you love and feed off of your love for them. Besides, when the parasprites took over Fillydelphia, Princess Celestia easily cast them aside. With the changelings...eh...not so much mlp-rask.png

• Brohoof 1

Once you actually know how to deal with Parasprites, they aren't that big of a problem. Changelings meanwhile can shapeshift, infiltrate groups and cause all sorts of trouble. There isn't an easy way to take care of them (Unless you have pink alicorns and the power of love, or unless one was revealed in the comics). Overall I think Changelings are a much bigger threat.

Once you actually know how to deal with Parasprites, they aren't that big of a problem. Changelings meanwhile can shapeshift, infiltrate groups and cause all sorts of trouble. There isn't an easy way to take care of them (Unless you have pink alicorns and the power of love, or unless one was revealed in the comics). Overall I think Changelings are a much bigger threat.

No easy way to deal with Changelings was revealed in the comics. About the closest we ever got was Pinkie's idea of using costumes, which only helps you keep from being confused in the middle of a fight.