Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The pink celestia

defaultremix

I'm sure the pink celestia has been talked about here before but I want to say something.

Earlier today I asked my 4 year old niece if she would rather have a white celestia or pink one. Now as I was expecting she said the pink one. Then I asked her if she would get the white one if it was the only one available and she said she would get it. So if hasbro only released a white one they would have probably get about the same amount of money as if they just sold the pink one.

So if Hasbro see this, don't stick to stupid stereotypes.

Also why does celestia say stupid self absorbed things on the toy, such as my hair is so pretty?

• Brohoof 2

Hello!

Never owned anything related to MLP or hasbro, but videos like these, just give me the message perfectly fine to know i'm not missing out on anything. happy.png

It's hilarious, and scary at the same time. Pink Celestia is horrible, everything about that toy is horrible!

• Brohoof 4

It seriously says things like that? Wow. Great things to teach our little girls. Especially when the actual character of Celestia would be a wonderful role model. In fact, that's kind of the point of her. I don't think Hasbro even watches the cartoon. They just sign their name and take a paycheck.

• Brohoof 4

Hello!

Never owned anything related to MLP or hasbro, but videos like these, just give me the message perfectly fine to know i'm not missing out on anything. img-1351843-1-happy.png

It's hilarious, and scary at the same time. Pink Celestia is horrible, everything about that toy is horrible!

That is the sound when I see pinklestia. She is a horrible abberation. She needs to be purged from this world with fire. Melt her plastic and make a white one!

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Allow me to go get a Amazon review I found that shows parents/sitters of the girls that have it hate it too:

"As an adult fan of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic, I am sorely disappointed with this rendition of Princess Celestia. On the show, the pony is a kind WHITE pony who values kindness, friendship, and education. Whoever made this toy missed the mark in a huge way by making her a self absorbed pink nincompoop who spurts off nonsense such as: "my hair is so beautiful" and "my wings are so beautiful." And of course a little girl's toy can't possibly go without mentioning how fabulous it is to be a princess, so she also says: "I'm a princess, are you a princess too?" No, I'm not. I'm a disappointed consumer who is sick and tired of the stuffy, conceited, appearance worshipping junk that toy companies are making for little girls.

My Little Pony FiM is a show that celebrates teamwork and friendship, and the toys should reflect these values. On a side note, the little girl I nanny has this toy and decided that the best place for the toy was in the pool. I had secretly hoped that the water would destroy Celestia's voicebox, but to my disappointment, she still talks loud and clear. At least the craftsmanship is adequate because it's the pony's only positive attribute."

Edited by Shoboni
  • Brohoof 8

even the white version says stupid things. "I love it when you comb my hair" lol

But....flying IS so much fun!

Ugggg.... It's like on the Simpsons where the Malibu Stacy doll says, "Don't ask me, I'm just a girl! *stupid giggle*" They might not be putting it quite so plain, but they seriously aren't trying very hard not to.

You know, I also find it sad when there are so few decent versios of the Malibu Stacy episode on You Tube. Mlibu Stacy

For a little background for those too young to remember, back in 1992 Matel released a talking Barbie. That's what the Simpson's episode is a reference to. The Barbie doll said "Math class is tough". Considering the stereotype of girls being bad at math, and how so many women are pushed away from academics due to such stereotypes and being taught that science and math are for boys it's understandable that people were outraged.

My concern is that they only seem to care about the obvious phrases. I doubt the majority of parents who don't watch the show would even notice or care. (though to be fair I just told my mom about it and her eyes about bugged out of her head, lol.) It's these little phrases that no one pays attention to that sets our girls back, makes them think it's more important to be pretty than to be smart, and that worrying about hair and makeup is more important than homework.

Celestia has so many wonderful lessons to teach our girls. Every parent should be outraged by this, not just those of us who like FiM ourselves.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 years later...

I know this is a bit late, but I really want an input, because they made celestia so horribly.Hasbro makes horrible toys altogether, especially the plushies. I recently saw a twilight sparkle plush at target the other day and automatically face palmed. I'll start off with the large ribbon strands of hair that look like someone had sewn purple confetti to her hair, and for some reason with all of the twilight sparkle merchandise I see, she always has rarity's eye shape. And her hair was swept to the side with no fringe at all. Also those plushies aren't able to stand up, they always fall down because they didn't stuff them enough. I also realised the new dolls that you can colour in, the princess Luna one had princess cadence's hair and looked nothing like princess Luna. If you want high quality plushies, I suggest eBay. The fan made ones are very accurate and very cheap! The person that sells them is canaryyellow2013 if you want to have a look, but I'm probably too late for that haha