Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you hate more Alicorns in the show?

Motion Spark

Though I do not see them adding anymore to the show for a long time, I actually would not mind. Having the value of Aicorns be lowered would actually be a positive thing in my opinion, because I do not see the point in thinking someone is incredibly special just because of their 'destiny' to be one. It should be about what they have done and who they are, which is a moral I hope that they use in an episode in season 4. Twilight may now be an Alicorn and a 'princess', but she is still Twilight. I would love to see that explained to the other ponies in an episode. :)

In terms of Celestia and Luna, I doubt they will ever be devalued, because they ARE basically gods. If they started to have more of those around, then I could see a slight problem.

I think hate is a word, a little bit too strong for what I would feed if they added more Alicorns into the show. I would dislike it, since Alicorns are supposed to be rare, and too many of them would make the whole Alicorn thing seem a little bit, you know.. Meh. "Oh hey there's another alicorn". 

As I see it, Hasbro and the writers has made Alicorns some sort of icon for royal ponies. As seen in the picture below, these royal guards are alicorns. Now I am about 90% sure this is just a little misstake from DHX Media's side, where they just give the background characters some random bodyparts, haha.

15083_1335364625.png

Anyways, I do not think we will see another alicorn. At least not in season 4. Though, if there would be an alicorn in it, she would be royal in some way or another. And I'm saying she because I would be greatly surprised if they threw in a male alicorn! Feld0 meets Celestia.

If they could work the character into the show fluidly and properly, not sacrificing quality for the sake of having more Alicorns, then I would certainly have no problem with it. I doubt any more Alicorns could even hope to match up to the greatness of which is Luna, but they could still fit in well as general characters.
For me, it's less about what is put into a show, and more about how it is implemented into the show, and how it is presented to it's viewers. If it is high quality content, I'd still watch it and enjoy it.

being an alicorn used to mean something D:

it started with the 2 oh so powerfull alicorns, and since the moment faust left, thers new alicorns

no thanks, we have enough overpowered charactes

I dont think they should add anymore to the show. I thought three was a good number, and four is stretching it. However the writers may have to add more if Hasbro says so.

Well, I could see Rainbow Dash becoming an alicorn.  She is just that awesome.

I could also see Applejack becoming an alicorn.  She needs it.

Pinkie Pie practically already is an alicorn. She merely uses highly advanced illusion magic to hide her horn and wings from her friends.

That Pinkie. What a prankster. wink.png

I, myself think it's fine, as long as the way the character is brought into the show well, and as long as they have good character. And personality. And a good backstory.

The alicorn status of greatness and power kinda died for me once Cadence kinda swooped into the loop, but it's alright. Celestia and Luna are the Godkings. Cadence kinda stinks anyways. .u.;

Oh. And I may say it's good and such, but...I don't think a million alicorns is a good thing. :/ Like...8. 'Dats a lot. 

Edited by Tual
  • Brohoof 1

I actually would not mind them showing more Alicorns in season 4. As long as it's not to many. Like maybe they are a console of about 5 or 10 and they just meet up to tell how things are going in their kingdoms. Maybe have 1 or 2 show up in an episode, but not to many.

The one I want to see most is Shining Armors and Cadence baby, Princess Skyla. Would like to see her sometime in the future. 

• Brohoof 1

So long as we do not end up at dusk's dangerous game // Lines and Webs.  It would be really scary if Celly were manipulating bloodlines etc to get a massively powerful alicorn daughter of Twilight's.

Alicorns, I feel are like the Mary Sues of My Little Pony. They get to fly, do magic, and they are.... Princesses? Im not supporting Twilicorn, so even more alicorns? Nope.

No, I wouldn't mind it. There could be more kingdoms out there in their world run by alicorns I think, it'd be cool to see that I think. As long as they don't suddenly turn any more ponies into alicorns, not many people seem to like that for some reason... :P

It would only bother me in the least if they did it randomly to a large amount of characters.

I didn't care when Twilight became one, and I don't care if there are any more. My feelings can be summed up in five letters: IDGAF.

I'd prefer they didn't put any more in now. Alicorns are meant to be really special and rare, so adding more would just be annoying. 

Unless it's Shining Armour and Cadance's child. I'd be cool with that. biggrin.png

More or less this. Asides from very appropriate cases like that, I'm all good with no more alicorns, unless it's, like, Nightmare Moon returning as her own entity or something. 'Lolnewalicorn time for more toys out the ass' is something I've had my fill of through Cadence and probably Alicorn Twi. Any more and I will rage reasonably.

More or less this. Asides from very appropriate cases like that, I'm all good with no more alicorns, unless it's, like, Nightmare Moon returning as her own entity or something. 'Lolnewalicorn time for more toys out the ass' is something I've had my fill of through Cadence and probably Alicorn Twi. Any more and I will rage reasonably.

But you're an Alicorn?

But you do make a good point. I don't want any more abysmal toys....I've had enough rage just from Pinklestia.

Well everypony who doesn't want more Alicorns in the show, I'm afraid I'll have to show you this:

KPPyD5E.png

ALICORN INVASION! AAAAAHHHHH!

Edited by Jokuc