Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, I Had A Fun Surprise in a Box Of Cards.

FoxyCryptid

So, I bought a box of card packs(the kind that stores buy and sell cards out of) because my stores have quit selling the series one cards and I wanted to get my collection as full as I could before series 2 comes  out(I'll need another binder for that). To my amazement  this was sitting right on top of them when I opened up, and I have no idea why. I also got a Gold Celly out of one of the packs. 

Anyone know why it could've been there?

906502_633466796670523_1859167329_o.jpg

• Brohoof 3

It's a box topper. All boxes come with either Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Discord, Nightmare Moon, or Queen Chrysalis. As far as I know, buying a box is the only way to get them. I've always bought cards in individual packs or in collectors boxes, so I don't have any of them.

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

So these are the rares of these trading cards? What is special about the cards other than rarity? Is it any texture, apperance or cosmetic difference between "gold" cards and regular cards?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

It's a box topper. All boxes come with either Princess Mi Amore Cadenza, Discord, Nightmare Moon, or Queen Chrysalis. As far as I know, buying a box is the only way to get them. I've always bought cards in individual packs or in collectors boxes, so I don't have any of them.

I got Celestia out of one of the packs, but I don't know if the others come in them. 

So these are the rares of these trading cards? What is special about the cards other than rarity? Is it any texture, apperance or cosmetic difference between "gold" cards and regular cards?

Yes, the Gold Series cards are the equivalent to Ultra Rares, I think. They're just foil cards, but I believe the printing on them is of a slightly higher quality and they have a little more shine to them. 

Edited by Shoboni

Ah I see, interesting. These are one of the few kinds of cards I oddly don't know about despite being a brony. As much as I like the fandom I am just not interested in buying their cards. i found the information interesting however, thanks for answeing my question.

• Brohoof 1

I got Celestia out of one of the packs, but I don't know if the others come in them. 

Yes, the Gold Series cards are the equivalent to Ultra Rares, I think. They're just foil cards, but I believe the printing on them is of a slightly higher quality and they have a little more shine to them. 

There are 4 gold foils you can get in booster packs, and 4 gold foils that are only available as box toppers. The regular pack foils are Twilight and the princesses, and the box topper foils are the villains.

• Brohoof 1

There are 4 gold foils you can get in booster packs, and 4 gold foils that are only available as box toppers. The regular pack foils are Twilight and the princesses, and the box topper foils are the villains.

So how some Celestia is the most valuable by such a large margin if you can get her in the packs? She's worth like $40 right now if the asking prices I've seen are right. 

When i bought one of these i got Nightmare Moon man I'm glad i got it because it's a really good Big card to have around for your MLP collection :)

• 2 weeks later...

That's a pretty awesome promo card! I got the Derpy tin from HotTopic, it came in the mail awhile ago but I can't open it until I get home from a semester overseas. I'm hoping I get one of Cadance or Shining Armor! Or both. :)

• Brohoof 1

So how some Celestia is the most valuable by such a large margin if you can get her in the packs? She's worth like $40 right now if the asking prices I've seen are right.

Beats me. It may have to do with how much Toywiz has in stock and how her demand is. The price has fluctuated a lot since series 1 was released. At one point Luna and Cadance were worth $50.00 on Toywiz.

And yes, technically you can only get the 4 gold villains as box toppers. But for series 1, I got all my box toppers on eBay for $30.00. Twas quite the steal, and I hope that something like that for series 2 happens for me. I already have a series 2 box topper but I do not want to pay tons of money to complete the set like last series.

• Brohoof 1