Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fellow Bronies and Pegasisters I need your help

Diamond Treasure

So i want to go to the convention but i have two problems. One of these problems are my parents who would say no in a heart beat if i walked up to them and asked to go to the convention with my best friend Glacial Chill so i am trying to come up with a way to convince them to let me go to baltimore without telling them my real reason for wanting to go. The second problem is that i would have to tell the mother of the girlfriend of my best friend that my parents know that i joined them to go to the convention and would most likely try to contact my parents. i need help coming up with a way around these two problem if anyway exists

Edited by COBALT CRESCENT

Just tell them you're going to convention. If they ask what convention, tell them. There's no point in lying. They will find out at some point, and then will no longer trust you, and will just be more questioned by ponies (And think that every brony is a clopper or something similar, I would think.).

• Brohoof 6

I would highly recommend not lying, as it could very easily come back and screw you over.  My advice would be to preemptively make a plan of how you would go about going to the con (ie. raising the money to go, travel plans, where you would stay, etc.), finalize that to a T, and then ask your parents, presenting them with all of the research and planning that you had already done.  Doing so (theoretically) should show your parents how serious you are about going as well as let them know that they won't have to put any effort into helping you go.

• Brohoof 2

Just tell them you're going to convention. If they ask what convention, tell them. There's no point in lying. They will find out at some point, and then will no longer trust you, and will just be more questioned by ponies (And think that every brony is a clopper or something similar, I would think.).

Thats just it they dont trust me and they are very antibrony which is one reason y i have yet to finish season 3 but thats beside the point and if i did tell them they would say no bc i am a 18 yearold boy who is interested in a show "meant for little girls" causing me more problems than i could handle

Thats just it they dont trust me and they are very antibrony which is one reason y i have yet to finish season 3 but thats beside the point and if i did tell them they would say no bc i am a 18 yearold boy who is interested in a show "meant for little girls" causing me more problems than i could handle

Lying would make that worse.... I think it is best to stick with the truth... 

Of course you could just say that you want to go to a convention with a friend. If your parents ask, tell them the truth. Perhaps you can use your friend and your friend's parents to convince your parents into letting you go. 

• Brohoof 1

I suppose the truth is always nice, but in terms of needing a lie really badly, you could say its an anime convention. After all, everyone has heard of those I'm sure, and they exist everywhere. Though seriously try to stick with the truth. You'll want any amount of trust, regardless how little it is. I'd say go with the advice of Nayruthepegasister. Have your friend's parents/friend convince your's.

Hope you can make it to BronyCon though! I wouldn't mind giving a brohoof while there :3

Lying will always in some way come back and harm you in some way (from my experiences).

I would tell the truth

However if you need and excuse say your going to a anime con or comic con or something similar. Technically you are in a bit lying, but telling the truth that you are going to a convention

I don't enforce lying, but this is an idea you could use.

You coul have your friend try and help convince your parents

Look if you tell your parents the it will show you have trust In them.

Here's the thing: If you set off down this road you're going to have a very hard time keeping all these balls in the air.

The problems connected to lying about where you're going are many and complicated. In this day and age people are in touch with each other more than ever-it's only going to take one slip by someone for your parents to find out-and all their suspicions about you being in this fandom will have been proved right.

I'm 42 years old by the way-probably similar to your parent's age and I'm here to tell you that they're worried about you going off the deep end into something they don't understand. You have to be honest with them-at least about going to an anime convention or you're going to be sunk. Guaranteed. They're immediately going to think "Cult!" and use whatever power they have to stop you from having anything to do with MLP or the fandom. 

Tell them!

Here's the thing: If you set off down this road you're going to have a very hard time keeping all these balls in the air.

The problems connected to lying about where you're going are many and complicated. In this day and age people are in touch with each other more than ever-it's only going to take one slip by someone for your parents to find out-and all their suspicions about you being in this fandom will have been proved right.

I'm 42 years old by the way-probably similar to your parent's age and I'm here to tell you that they're worried about you going off the deep end into something they don't understand. You have to be honest with them-at least about going to an anime convention or you're going to be sunk. Guaranteed. They're immediately going to think "Cult!" and use whatever power they have to stop you from having anything to do with MLP or the fandom. 

Tell them!

The problem i have with telling them the truth is the idea of what they might do scares the pony nuggets out of me and i don't think it will end well for any party that gets involved

All I have to say is:

tumblr_ll9mwhazAE1qbbqf3o1_500.gif

They'll probably find out anyway but on the plus side, if you're going with the parents of your best friend's girlfriend, they'll know that there's going to be adult supervision while you're there to ensure your safety.

• Brohoof 1

The problem i have with telling them the truth is the idea of what they might do scares the pony nuggets out of me and i don't think it will end well for any party that gets involved

Realistically though, you and everyone else involved are going to be better off if you come clean on it. If they say no, they say no. You've got maybe a couple of years left, and you'll be out on your own anyway. The fandom isn't going anywhere.

Imagine how it's going to be going to the convention with this mess hanging over your head-knowing that at any moment someone could innocently post a pic of you online, tag it and sink you. 

It's just not worth it man-you'll blow their trust in you for a long time. There'll always be conventions to go to.

Realistically though, you and everyone else involved are going to be better off if you come clean on it. If they say no, they say no. You've got maybe a couple of years left, and you'll be out on your own anyway. The fandom isn't going anywhere.

Imagine how it's going to be going to the convention with this mess hanging over your head-knowing that at any moment someone could innocently post a pic of you online, tag it and sink you. 

It's just not worth it man-you'll blow their trust in you for a long time. There'll always be conventions to go to.

I know your right and besides i should probably focus on graduating high school first and worry about the convention later
  • Brohoof 1

"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" -Sir Walter Scott

Sorry, but you're not going to get much support from this community for lying to your parents.  There's simply too much that can go wrong here and it's not worth it.

Wait a sec, it looks like you replied just now. 

Glad to hear you've decided not to go through with this deception after all.  I know it's rough, but it really is for the best.  :)

• Brohoof 1

I know your right and besides i should probably focus on graduating high school first and worry about the convention later

There you go. This community isn't going anywhere. The whole thing is built on friendship-there are always going to be conventions to go to and you'll have a blast. 

I know it sucks not being able to go, but believe me you're going to be better off not alienating your parents. You've got a lot of changes coming up after graduation, and you're going to need their full support.

• Brohoof 1

"O, what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive" -Sir Walter Scott

Sorry, but you're not going to get much support from this community for lying to your parents.  There's simply too much that can go wrong here and it's not worth it.

Wait a sec, it looks like you replied just now. 

Glad to hear you've decided not to go through with this deception after all.  I know it's rough, but it really is for the best.  :)

Your right it is for the best especially with the fact that i have a history with my parents involving lying idk what i was thinking when i came up with this idea but i am glade i thought it through better. Everyponies right with the exception of Wubsie :3 who i happen to disagree with
  • Brohoof 2

I would just tell them the truth, then see if they will react in a positive way. Then, if they say yes then jump with joy.

It would be better to tell them the truth first.

I am glad i posted this bc if i hadn't i probably would have made the worst mistake i ever made in my life so far. The things i lied about got caught lying about seem pretty petty when i compare them to lying about going to a convention. i proud to be a part of this community.

I would just tell them the truth, then see if they will react in a positive way. Then, if they say yes then jump with joy.

It would be better to tell them the truth first.

My parents just about had a heart attack when they found my best friend was a brony i don't think they would react favorably to it but you are right i should just hang up the idea of lying witch i am doing to save the relationship i have with my parents