• Art
    • Fan-Fiction
    • Animations
    • Other
  6. 6. Do you find bronies that use "Love and Tolerate" Hypocrites

• yes
    • no
    • Not hypocrites I just don't like the saying
  7. 7. What do you enjoy about the fandom?

• The people
    • The feeling of being a part of something
    • Meeting people who share an interest
    • Listening to music
    • Looking at art/Reading Fan-Fics
    • Being a part of a forum
    • other
  8. 8. Do you like the name Brony?

• Yes
    • No
  9. 9. Do you like the fandom

• Could be better
    • No
    • VERY MUCH
    • Yes
  10. 10. Do you like the show more then the fandom or the other way around?

• Show
    • Fandom
    • Equally

Basically answer all the questions above.  I'm doing this both because I need to do a survey for english, but also to learn more about the people on the site.  If you answer other to any of the answers, please specify in the comments.

Edited by Dusty Soul

I like it but the question about love and tolerate.... That made me think. I do not consider people who use "Love and Tolerate" hypocrites because like many things they "Love and Tolerate" in their own way. Just because it doesn't agree with how you "Love and Tolerate" doesn't mean they don't see it that way..

I think I said "Love and Tolerate" enough haha

• Brohoof 2

To the hypocrites thing, yes I typically find them to be quite hypocrites, but some really do stand by that phrase, which I do admire. And I'll admit, I can't even fully stand by that phrase.

Personally I do think the fandom could be a bit better, but I don't mind it too much since natrually, fandoms usually have their bad parts just as much as they have their good parts....and then they have their other parts.

I did say I am white, but I am also Asian as well, half and half, I suppose its ok set the way it is but for people of multiple races perhaps its better with checkboxes.

Cool survey. It seems that I am part of the norm for most of the questions. However, I think the Love and Tolerate question could be worded better. Some can be hypocrites, while others are not, so the yes and no answers didn't really do it for me. I voted no because I don't want to accuse everyone who uses the praise of being a hypocrite. At least, I'm my mind that's what I would be doing, I'm sure others have different views.

I watched the first episode on youtube cuz I've always loved My Little Pony and I figured that it couldn't be worse than the old cartoon. I  was pleasantly surprised. XD

Interesting survey. And you're doing this for your English class... an interesting subject to bring up, to be sure. You're going to have to tell us all how this goes.

I had to write a research paper so I told myself, why not the MLP fandom?  I then had to write a 5 page essay about the fandom and 7 other things.

• Brohoof 1

I had to write a research paper so I told myself, why not the MLP fandom?  I then had to write a 5 page essay about the fandom and 7 other things.

Wow, that's quite the undertaking! But is this something you're going to have to present to the class, or is this just something your professor is going to see?

I pretty much joined the fandom and enjoyed the show about the same time.

But, I joined the fandom on my birthday while I first watched the show in Season 1 and was set for life. :)

• Brohoof 1

Wow, that's quite the undertaking! But is this something you're going to have to present to the class, or is this just something your professor is going to see?

I" am going to have to present an overview of everything I did.  My teacher said if you choose to write a song (one of the many things you could do) you can sing it.  So that's what I'm doing./

• Brohoof 2

I" am going to have to present an overview of everything I did.  My teacher said if you choose to write a song (one of the many things you could do) you can sing it.  So that's what I'm doing./

Wow, that sounds like a big thing to do. Does your teacher or class already know about Bronies? Or are you going to actually be the one introducing them to the fandom through your research?

Wow, that sounds like a big thing to do. Does your teacher or class already know about Bronies? Or are you going to actually be the one introducing them to the fandom through your research?

My teacher doesn't nor does a lot of my class.  There are like 3 people in the class that I know know what bronies are.  The song is about every the fandom stands for, so it should be a nice introduction.

My teacher doesn't nor does a lot of my class.  There are like 3 people in the class that I know know what bronies are.  The song is about every the fandom stands for, so it should be a nice introduction.

Wow, good luck with that. And I really mean that. Are you confident singing in front of your class, especially about a subject such as this?

Lemme tell ya, this takes guts, my friends. Guts that I don't think even a mighty person such as I have.

• Brohoof 2

Wow, good luck with that. And I really mean that. Are you confident singing in front of your class, especially about a subject such as this?

Lemme tell ya, this takes guts, my friends. Guts that I don't think even a mighty person such as I have.

I agree, I wouldn't have the courage to get up in front of my class and talk about the show and fandom, mostly because people will take it the wrong way and most people will just make jokes.

I agree, I wouldn't have the courage to get up in front of my class and talk about the show and fandom, mostly because people will take it the wrong way and most people will just make jokes.

Same here, especially since Dusty not only is explaining the fandom, but also singing. I'm not the best singer... in fact, I'm probably a terrible one. So that would just be embarrassing on multiple levels for me.

But I have so much swag that nopony could make fun of me for failing.

*Puts on shades*

Oh yeah.

Same here, especially since Dusty not only is explaining the fandom, but also singing. I'm not the best singer... in fact, I'm probably a terrible one. So that would just be embarrassing on multiple levels for me.

But I have so much swag that nopony could make fun of me for failing.

*Puts on shades*

Oh yeah.

I'm not saying that all males can't sing, but I know I can't. And yeah, getting up in front of the class and making a fool of myself by singing horribly would be pretty embarrassing. 

I honestly can't wait for it, I like being in front of people.  Thanks for wishing me luck.  I probably will need it.  Though music and song is what I do.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly can't wait for it, I like being in front of people.  Thanks for wishing me luck.  I probably will need it.  Though music and song is what I do.

Actually, I love being in front of people too. It's kind of what I have to do on a day-to-day basis at my job and at my college.

But...

To sing about Bronies in front of a room full of people?

You have my respect, friend.

Actually, I love being in front of people too. It's kind of what I have to do on a day-to-day basis at my job and at my college.

But...

To sing about Bronies in front of a room full of people?

You have my respect, friend.

Thanks, I'll see If I can get someone to record it so I can post it on here.  I am pretty open about ponies, though I've never done anything like this before.  XD

• Brohoof 1