Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Psy's new song: Gentleman

D1SC0RD

Meh.

The first one was alright. (I'm referring to Gangnam Style) It was fun to do with friends and be stupid with. I never thought it was a good song on any level, and this one goes straight back with it.

Also, this one is called "Gentleman" and he goes around being a, excuse my language, dick to women. I really think that this one just sets a bad example for kids. As if there wasn't enough media showing people being rude and glorifying it. (Jersey Shore, alot of Disney shows, Toddlers & Tiaras, etc.)

Oh well, everyone's going to forget about it in about a week or so. img-1371731-1-img-1369822-1-UNZJLhS.png

I actually have to admit I agree with this very much. Kids love Gangnam Style, and when they see that psy has a new song, they are going to be all over it and watch it. But the music video is a little bit inappropriate for kids. 

(edited)

I actually have to admit I agree with this very much. Kids love Gangnam Style, and when they see that psy has a new song, they are going to be all over it and watch it. But the music video is a little bit inappropriate for kids. 

Actually I think the video is a satirical attempt. Have you never met anyone in your life who was self-righteous, egoistical, and kind of a dick to everyone? Because that is what he is highlighting in this video, and accompanied with the harmless humor (ex: the two men dancing against one another over PSY, paying homage to Gangnam Style elevator scene), I think it can be argued that this video is for entertainment purposes only, and not to inspire douchebaggery around the world.

Also, note how NOBODY was amused with PSY except the people who were also being rude. We see this with the girl in the end who kicked the chair out from under him. And what do you know? In the MV they are paired up, because only those sorts of people can appreciate one another and everyone else will have no tolerance for that behavior.

Dunno. I think this is just harmless fun. And if we are going to dig deep for morals, then this is what I see.

Edited by D1SC0RD
  • Brohoof 1

Actually I think the video is a satirical attempt. Have you never met anyone in your life who was self-righteous, egoistical, and kind of a dick to everyone? Because that is what he is highlighting in this video, and accompanied with the harmless humor (ex: the two men dancing against one another over PSY, paying homage to Gangnam Style elevator scene), I think it can be argued that this video is for entertainment purposes only, and not to inspire @#!*% around the world.

Also, note how NOBODY was amused with PSY except the people who were also being rude. We see this with the girl in the end who kicked the chair out from under him. And what do you know? In the MV they are paired up, because only those sorts of people can appreciate one another and everyone else will have no tolerance for that behavior.

Dunno. I think this is just harmless fun. And if we are going to dig deep for morals, then this is what I see.

Yeah, i guess. I was just saying that like, 8 year olds know about gangnam style, and are going to watch that video.. i dunno. but yes, i guess it is just harmless fun. 

This may just be because I am a South Korean and a little more informed about Korean pop culture than most, but I feel the need to clear some things up.

1. Please, please do not refer to PSY as a one-hit wonder. He is a well established artist in South Korea and has been for over a decade. I understand that the rest of the world is just now discovering him, but that does not discredit nor does it undermine his prior success.

2. The dance you see in this video. which PSY refers to as the "arrogant dance", was first used by the group Brown Eyed Girls in the song "

".

3. I have seen a lot of comments about how in the video PSY acts like a jerk towards women, and how some people have found it to be distasteful and/or hypocritical. That is exactly the point. Most of PSY's modern day M/Vs mock the established stereotypes of popular culture. Gangnam Style highlights the almost Beverly Hills-like qualities of the Gangnam District, whereas Gentleman ridicules the popular "bad boy" image that many young men buy into.

Obviously, the quality of the music itself is completely subjective. I just wanted to clarify some common assumptions and misconceptions about PSY as an artist and entertainer.

Edited by ShinySneasel
  • Brohoof 3

Holy blanket sheets! It's already at almost seventy million views in just two days! Anyways, this song is so catchy, along with Gangnam Style. Another favorite to add onto my list of favorite songs. :3

Edited by Calirolls (Hazmat)

I didn't like the song as much as Gangnam Style(but still a lot) but the video is definately a lot funnier and the choreo amazing :D

If Discord was Asian he would be Psy xD

I'm just going to be one of those guys...

Yeah I kinda don't like it honestly.

The song is stupidly repetitive, he is very rude and rather obnoxious in the video and it seems like he is trying really hard to be a superstar...

Honestly,

I say gangnam style is better...

By like...

A lot