Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Lyrics to a New Song I wrote. Based on Titanium, and Inspired by I am Octavia.

Lawyer Slip

(edited)

I turn around. I see you, your blood is all over the floor.

You hit the ground. Your heart still beats but there's not much time anymore

I face my foe, I once was scared. I was afraid but now no more. 

I finally know, deep inside. I finally know what I'm fighting for.

You hurt my friends! So I fight back! I am Determination!

My head starts to pound. But I brush it off as minor anxiety.

Then way deep down. A new fire starts to ignite inside of me.

These flames of strength, my burning heart. These burn bright inside of me.

I'm the catalyst, and now I know. This is who I was meant to be.

I pick you up. I'll fight to keep you safe until my dying breath.

I get back up, I put you on my back, 'cause I know you're safe with me.

Fluttershy. I swear on my life, I'll fight for you 'til I win this war.

This Spark of hope, will not go out. I'm not afraid anymore!

Edited by Lawyer Slip
  • Brohoof 1

For context, the song is obviously called Determination. If you want to make constructive criticism on it, feel free to. Once I learn how, I have every intention of animating it. The other context of the song is that Fluttershy and I were exploring an ancient fortress, the she got attacked by a Metallic golem. I then realized that I wanted to fight back, but not just to hit it and run away. I wanted to fight until the golem was gone forever. I kept fighting, that's how the flame of determination ignited inside of me.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

How will determination work against the next enemy?  

Simple, the stronger they are, the harder I fight.

That's the huge difference between me and loyalty. Loyalty is when you follow someone until the end. But Loyalty can't fight everything. Determination, can. It will always fight, no matter how strong the opposition. Never backing down, never letting up, always fighting until teh end of time itself.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

• The title was changed to The Lyrics to a New Song I wrote. Based opn Titanium, and Inspired by I am Octavia.

Woohoo the power of determination! Would love to see this animated if you ever do so! I also was wondering, have you ever played Undertale? There's a huge theme of Determination and it's always capitalized in a similar manner in the game so I wondered if it was an inspiration at all for these lyrics! Either way, great stuff! :eager:

image.gif.f96287333eededb0d1f01ddaef9688cb.gif

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos said:

Woohoo the power of determination! Would love to see this animated if you ever do so! I also was wondering, have you ever played Undertale? There's a huge theme of Determination and it's always capitalized in a similar manner in the game so I wondered if it was an inspiration at all for these lyrics! Either way, great stuff! :eager:

image.gif.f96287333eededb0d1f01ddaef9688cb.gif

Never played, always wanted to, but yeah part of it did come from Frisk and all that stuff. It's like If if you were doing a neutral route and Asgore kills his wife, so you fight back and kill him.

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to The Lyrics to a New Song I wrote. Based on Titanium, and Inspired by I am Octavia.
12 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Never played, always wanted to, but yeah part of it did come from Frisk and all that stuff. It's like If if you were doing a neutral route and Asgore kills his wife, so you fight back and kill him.

Highly recommend!! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

@Lawyer Slip

If the lyrics are effective for Undertale, would they work best for other games?  

Yeah, just trim the Fluttershy part and please credit me if you plan on using it.

In general tho, I think it would work for like a Green lantern game since will=determination if that makes sense.