Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you pay attention to song lyrics?

TigerGeekGuy

Sometimes I listen to lyrics, sometimes I don't. It really depends on the song and the mood I'm in at the time. When I listen to songs that aren't in English or Japanese, I generally ignore the lyrics since I don't understand them. Otherwise, I usually pay attention to them.

Definitely! I listen to all aspects of a song. The instrumental, the specifics of that instrumental, and the lyrics itself. I find the instrumentals to be more important but lyrcs can be absolutely vital too. Ghost Love Score is one of my favorite songs of all time for both. :)

Most of the time for me I like instermental beats but on some occasion if it en emotional song then yeah lyrics. Cause some songs the lyrics mean something like tell a story or tell of struggle or somethng along those lines.

I often do, because its the lyrics that most often make lyrical music beautiful :P

That said, I don't listen to pop so there's your answer to "what about music about parties, drugs, sex, etc"

I pay attention to both the beat and the lyrics, as I love songs with relatable meanings or ones that dig deeper into things, such as a controversial issue. The beat also helps establish the mood of the song

• Brohoof 1

Of course. My liking for what is says is pretty much the whole reason for me to like it. I like songs that say nice and/or important things and the way it sounds is, somewhat, secondary; that's why I only listen to songs I can understand and also why I don't have any favorite genre. Maybe that's because I don't have an accurate ear for music, therefore words are easier and preferable. That said, I will only repeat and keep listening to the song over and over again if I also quite like the way it sounds.

Edited by IDoNotSpeakEnglish

Every piece of art is there to be analyzed and lyrics in music is no exception.

So yeah, i always listen to the lyrics.

Not much. When I started learning guitar that would be all I would listen for in a song. I would pay attention to the vocal melody but the actual lyrical content tended to pass me by, especially since I listened to a lot of metal and I couldn't hear the lyrics anyway. Nowadays I pay a bit more attention to them but I only really understand them if I read the lyrics somewhere.

I used to listen songs without knowing the lyrics

Find out the lyrics

How much i can say?"Come here demons, come!" Was the translation

Now, even if it's on latin, I force myself to learn all the music to not mistake again

• 8 years later...