Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How to be a voice actress?

PinkieShyFlutterPie

So i sometimes see people who need voice actresses. I don't know if this is a stupid question but what do you need to be a voice actress? Do you just record yourself on a normal camera? Or do you have to have something special to record yourself? blink.png

All you need is a good microphone and recording software. The microphone must be clear and the recording should have little to no background noise. Also, if you want to be good at voice acting, putting yourself into the situation of the character your voicing is good.

• Brohoof 2

If you like to read and need practice you could try volunteering for Librivox.org. They are always looking for people to read public domain classics for their website. It will help you with trying out voices. I haven't really gotten into it but I have considered it and I have a headset. I don't know how to get into it professionally but you could look into reading for audiobooks and record demos of yourself and audition in person. Do you do any stage acting or film or tv? Is that something you care interested in or are you looking to voice cartoon characters? 

If you have a video camera you could also make youtube videos. Skits are popular on there. You can create your own characters or if you have a friend that does animation you can do voice work for them. It helps to get yourself out there and build a talent portfolio.