Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If humans were added in later seasons,can it be done right

TheMarkz0ne

There were humans in Dragon Tales and that worked out alright. I honestly find Equestria Girls to be the stupidest idea any human being has come up with. You already personified the ponies in FIS. Making them human defeats the purpose of giving them a spin off show where they are humans.

I actually want humans in the FIS universe. I think it has a lot of potential. You could make the humans a dwindling race. The use to run the world with magic but then the Alicorns took most of the world and banished the human race to another region of the planet. Maybe have a human villain and a human hero/heroine. I think we need to have more faith in the writers. I mean they made us care about pink and purple ponies for crying out loud. Also G1 had humans, granted I could give a shit less about previous MLP generations. But it was done in the 80s. What makes it so taboo in 2013-2014?

It too varies.

I mean, you are right, previous generations have done this before, but to be honest, it wouldn't work.

Why?

Well, on the other previous generations, notice how they were just a few who lived on their own land, nothing too special.

But on this generation, notice how the civilization has grown such as their way of living, obeying their princess leaders, and having actual background history to show what they went through.

Having humans does sound tempting, but it would be tricky and it has to be done right in order to work.

(edited)

Of all the madcap ideas I've heard from your end, this has got to be the most not-good.

Why would anyone even want humans in this show? At best, it'd just be Dragon Tales. At worst, it'd be a jumping the shark moment and make this world less interesting.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

Eh, I'd prefer not to have humans. Definitely. They would look wierd in the animation, plus I enjoy sinking into a world of ponies to escape this crazy world of humans. :P

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I honestly prefer NO humans in FIM. I feel that the addition of humans would ruin the fantasy/lore theme that makes the show so special.

Besides they're already doing Equestria n Girls which is suppose to have humans in it. Otherwise I really don't want humans in FiM. Sorry if I sound anti-human but no.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

No, the problem is, the 80s show was only focused on a few ponies whereas g4 is built up around the civilization of a BUNCH of ponies. Equines are the humans of Equestria.

If they mess up, it would massively hurt the show. The stakes are too high to explore uncharted territory. Like it was stated before, humans could look really weird with this animating style.

I personally wouldn't like humans in MLP. Humans were one of the reasons why I didn't like generation one as much. I just really didn't like their personalities and I cringed at the cheesiness of the dialogue of the humans.

The fandom would have a flame war so huge it would make the arguments about Alicorn Twilight look like a...uh...okay, I'm not good at metaphors. Also, I'm having a hard time imagining how humans could be animated into the existing style of animation in FiM.

I know it can be done right, but it should not be done at all. The storyline and the show itself is all about ponies, if you add humans to the show then it will change the original plans and add humans to the episodes. Sure it worked well with other shows but, with a show about ponies and a civilization made by ponies I don't think adding humans is such a good idea.

Eh, I'd prefer not to have humans. Definitely. They would look wierd in the animation, plus I enjoy sinking into a world of ponies to escape this crazy world of humans. tongue.png

This.

We've got humans in everything else in animation-this is a world where they're not needed to further the storyline at all. You have a show formula that has crossed age bounderies like no other animated show in recent history-why mess with it?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

It's a show about magical talking ponies, why would you ruin it with corrupt and greedy humans? Besides, there are more than enough HiE fics to fill your desires, OP.

Edited by Pathogen
  • Brohoof 1

Im against the idea. I want FIM to stay separate from our world and adding humans could rely ruin the show if not executed perfectly. The only human related thing i would like to see is something minor and coming from lyra; for instance you could see her drop a book with a human face on it and quickly hide it before BonBon notices.

No, not really. It would be weird to have them this late anyways, plus I feel it would either turn the show into a show without the feel of the show it has, or just get dumbed down.

Would I stop watching? Well idk depends on if the ponies stayed interesting and how annoying the humans are.

Equestria girls idk, Im fine with it because it won't really affect the main show, and If it's good it's something to tie me over for new mlp. If not I skip it simply.

Well, from one perspective, humans are already in the show, just not physically. The world of Equestria is based entirely off our own planet, the personalities are based entirely off human ones. The ponies here express a characteristic that partially defines us humans to be unique amongst all other animals on our planet: Not only the use of tools, but the use of tools to craft more advanced tools. These things, along with houses with thatched roofs just like on the right on the bg for example, are all very human. We only have what we see to work with, which is also why it's impossible to imagine a new colour.

More to the point, I don't really think that adding humans is such a bad idea. There are very negative feelings floating around, like "I watch mlp to escape from the real world" however like I said before, watching mlp is basically watching a earth with a slightly different tone. Even the simple things, like clouds. why are there clouds in equestria? why need them? surely a magical world could just make plants that don't need water. But again, why should plants need water in equestria? etc etc

Ok, I really have to stop rambling like this :( sorry guys 

Sorry, but it sounds like a horrible idea. It has a possibility of turning out good, but there would just be so many problems with it. It might just end up degrading the show. but I would be willing to give it a chance... as long as it doesnt ruin the show completely. Still would need to see it before judging it further, let's hope if they do then it isn't a total fail.