Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nothing.

Mlpfan185

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

Hmmm....this is a very interesting theory!

Think about this though.

Sure they're seeing themselves through twilights perspective, however, the choices that they made and the emotions that were shown to them were their own. Unless the memories were altered then it would just be them seeing themselves thought twilights eyes which pretty much can be replaced through anybody's eyes since the events that happened weren't different through everybody else's eyes. Unless they feel the same emotions of the persons eyes that they are looking at its just the same.

Can you understand what I'm saying or am I do I just sound like an endless unconsehensible lunatic?

Sorry.....I like to use large words. ;)

Eh, I don't know if I agree with that actually. I don't think twilight was like making her friends into slaves, it sounds kinda strange to do that anyways.

Besides that sounds a bit dark for a kids show, and I don't think Celestia would do that.

I think the 3rd person perspective was just because they wanted people to see the scenes in ways they'd recognize it, that and they didn't wanna redo the scenes from 1st person or whatever.

An interesting theory and a deep observation though, I just don't agree with it.

• Brohoof 4

As cool as that sounds, I think it's just that way so that people will recognize the scenes and to save money by not making all those extra frames.

• Brohoof 1

True enough, but think about it for a second. When you witness somebody doing something. You might have a pretty good interpretation of their actions, but you could never understand what their true motives might be, or what they were feeling when they performed said action. Thus, if it was your perspective putting the memories of those actions back, you would interject whatever feelings you had, not their initial thoughts.

Hmm....

*slowly claps*

If they're corrupted by discord they would still remember some part of their own memory right? Discord just took away the friendchips and not memories....

Am I right? Am I wrong? I have no idea...

• Brohoof 1

i see what your saying, however i think that this is just the case of, the animators did not want to reanimate things in first person, save money and time to just reuse things that have been animated before

even though we all know celestia is evil, however this is not her master plan  

highlight here: we all know celestia isnt evil im just being silly, i dont want someone who loves her to be hurt so i wrote this   

Here's my theory of the 3rd person memories. This may be a bit hard for most of you to believe, but most of my own memories are in the 3rd person POV. My theory is that the same thing happened to the mane 6.

This is proof that over-thinking anything breeds irrational thoughts or ideas.

Hasbro just showed those images in their eyes to show viewers that the ponies are back to normal.

Your theory lacks proof, evidence and structure. You know who else makes such drastic claims? CreepyPasta...

• Brohoof 1

This is proof that over-thinking anything breeds irrational thoughts or ideas.

Hasbro just showed those images in their eyes to show viewers that the ponies are back to normal.

Your theory lacks proof, evidence and structure. You know who else makes such drastic claims? CreepyPasta...

I guess it's fun to create such theories, which completely changes your views on the subject being "diluted," haha.

I believe Pinkie Pie had an unfortunate childhood from abusive parents. One day she finally broke free and now wishes to express optimism torwards others; something that she lacked when she was a philly.

One problem with your theory is that Twilight wasn't even *there* for some of those scenes, so how could it be from her perspective at all?

Nice try, but I think you're reading too much into something that was probably done so A) the audience could more easily recognize those scenes, and B ) so they could save money on animation. 

I don't know how to quote or edit, sorry...

For the sake of amusement I'll defend this thread's mission, to reveal the evil Celestia!

Wasn't it rather odd how quickly Nightmare Moon gave her complete devotion torwards Celestia's "friendship?" Or how she just happened to appear on the day of Twilight's arrival to Ponyville; where Celestia sent her! This also revealed the power of the Elements of Harmony.

How about when Celestia wished to use Discord's magic for "good?" I don't think he ever used his magic to help anypony besides himself. He gave his complete allegiance torwards being good after Fluttershy didn't want to be his friend... the deviant, intelligent, chaotic, jerk just surrenders like that?

Celestia is now paired with two of the greatest villians introduced thus far, Nightmare Moon and Discord.

Not to mention the blissful ignorance of the Elements of Harmony under her command.

Ok there's a lot to read into the episode its very densely packed with info. Heck I just finished writing seven pages on it. However the explanation for this is actually quite boring... or interesting depending on your view point. The reason the memories are shown as third person pictures is simply for the audiences sake. It a visual thing. We connect mentally the image of Fluttershy doing the remembered events with those memories. Seeing pictures of her tied to her memories just clicks for most people. 

This is all very well and good, but the pictures in their eyes show scenes that Twilight was never in and that her friends were unlikely to tell her about (say, most of the scenes from Apple Family Reunion). How could it be from her perspective?

I think that you need to remember that this is a show. And it's aimed at kids. (Yes, it has elements that are also meant to appeal to adults, but it is marketed towards kids. Moving on.)

The memories returning to them are shown in that perspective for the sake of the viewer. The kids see rapid flashes of the character, and they get what's going on. They're remembering who they really are. That's it. No underlying conspiracy theory. 

(edited)

my little pony, conspiracies are magic!

lol. but no seriously, i'm pretty sure they just used those clips because they were the same clips from past episodes and it would pretty difficult to recreate each scene from a new perspective just for a fraction of a second frame. that would be alot of time spent just for a few seconds of flashing memories that we probably won't even see. also, they aren't from twilight's perspective (see :08 twilight is on the right) they are just from the general perspective of the viewer (or maybe celestia-cam? img-1442831-1-wacko.png insert celestia-brainwashing conspiracy theory #2)

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 1

That's an interesting hypothesis.  But it doesn't have enough backing to even raise it to the level of a theory. 

1.  If they showed the rapid eye-memories from each pony's first person perspective, it would've been hard for the viewers to relate to. 

2.  Twilight appears in some of them and wasn't present for others, so it's not her point of view either. 

3.  If it's anybody's perspective, it's Princess Celestia's through whatever spell or means she captured those images.  We were treated to visual memories of Twilight herself during the ballad as well. 

4.  But my personal thought is that were overanalyzing a bit here.  It was done this way to give viewers at home a visual reference for what was going on. 

Visual references come in all kinds of ways.  For example, A Jedi waves his hand to indicate he's using telekinesis while a unicorn's horn glows to indicate the use of magic.  Neither is absolutely necessary for powers to be used. 

When I clicked on this thread, I thought it was going to be about how Celestia perfectly groomed Twilight to rule rather than any possible brainwashing of her friends.  Celestia always knew Twi's friends were the key to access the Elements of Harmony as well as successfully completing Star Swirl's spell.  And if Twilight did mentally alter her friends, it was totally unintentional on her part.  She would be outraged if she ever learned her teacher and mentor misled her into this kind of treachery. 

• Brohoof 1