[hidden]

CadetGrey

On one hoof, if they did get their cutie marks next season, they'd never be the same. They'd obviously disband, and probably never interact in the show again. Plus, if they did get them, where would the writers take it? They're the mane fillies of the entire show, and I don't know who'd take their place if they got them.

On the other hoof, I wouldn't mind it. I feel that each of them has received enough character development where it'd be acceptable for them to finally receive their cutie marks. 

No they shouldn't. What makes MLP so good is that they give the characters new obstacles in their life (IE:Twilicorn, Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash, Discord being tamed).  Also, there is alot more chaos then Discord.

If they keep the cutie mark episdoes going, it's gonna get old fast. They've already dragged the "We're never gonna get your cutie marks" thing alittle to far. Give them their cutie marks and give them their talents and that would breath new life into the characters.

Do't get me wrong I see your point but there is obviously a reason for hasbro's logic either that or they have Patrick star as story board leader

I think they should,but with some kind of twist.Most ponies don't want this because who wants to see them get the cutie marks people have thought they would get for 2 years? I think that they should get their cutie marks,but not be for what everypony has expected them to be.

Edited by BlazeThePegasus

I agree with those who say to wait another season or two. It's kind of exciting thinking of what they'll get, although we've gotten some hints from the talent show episode on what their special talents may possibly be. I hope we get to see them get their Cutie Marks though, I'd hate for the show to end without seeing it. But, wait a couple of seasons, then I'll be ready! :D

Absolutely, they should earn their cutie marks in season four, for I thought they would have gotten their cutie marks in the third season, it is still a mystery to me what each filly's mark would be, there could be hints of what their marks would be in past episodes, I think we should watch and see closely, and piece all the clues together, then and maybe then we could predict what their marks would be, and when the cutie mark crusaders will finally earn cutie marks. They are learning lessons in friendship as much as the mane six have, and progress as characters in there own right, it would make since that they would be rewarded with that elusive cutie mark.

well here the two conflicting stances.

We can't give the CC their cutie marks cause that's their whole character.

vs

if we don't give it to them it's gonna get old.

Their both valid, but at the same time i've seen characters (flutter shy) who keep pushing against the exact.. same God damn thing,

"don't tease me guys i'm shy, stay out of my shed!"

and still be beloved LOL.

Yes things that do not grow in inevitable die.  At the same time, what than?

The CC concept is so simple its brilliant.

I love anticipation and progress but i'm not sure the CC getting their marks would be progress.

No they shouldn't. What makes MLP so good is that they give the characters new obstacles in their life (IE:Twilicorn, Wonderbolt Rainbow Dash, Discord being tamed).  Also, there is alot more chaos then Discord.

If they keep the cutie mark episdoes going, it's gonna get old fast. They've already dragged the "We're never gonna get your cutie marks" thing alittle to far. Give them their cutie marks and give them their talents and that would breath new life into the characters.

I would agree if only they wouldn't allow them to have "those" marks, if you catch my drift. If they are dragged, at least get them to have marks you'd never imagine them to have originally from Show Stoppers please. That would make it seem too uh, predictable in my view.

Scoots having her scooter? 

Apple Bloom carpenter?

Sweetie as a singer?

Its very predictable. I almost want it to be something they wouldn't realize. Like, Apple Bloom is a great designer period, not just wood work. I think if she really tried, she'd be something similar to Rarity maybe. Something that requires order, she's a leader after all. Anything but fixing please.

Scoots shouldn't have a scooter mark simply because of her name. There wouldn't have been the need to drag it...! I wouldn't mind if its something with machine work, dancing, etc, just something not Scooting.

Sweetie Belle could write pretty well, she's quite smart. 

I mind whether or not they are going to use the Show Stoppers version of their marks. If that was the case, maybe it would have been better not to have had it in Season 1..

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, see, the section of fans that's utterly desperate to see them get their butt tattoos isn't going to immensely served by having it actually happen.

This TV trope article details why things don't often change in a TV show. It becomes difficult to market previous seasons of the show if people are asking "Wait, is this before or after Twilight got her wings?" "Is this before or after Discord got reformed?" "Is this before or after Rarity and Spike hooked up?" "Is this before or after Fry left Planet Express to go back to the past?" etc...

I think they should wait a little bit more before giving them their cutie marks. Although it's plainly obvious what their talents are and they are oblivious to them; We should have a CMC episode that explores internal conflict within the group rather than external.

In addition to what I said before they should get their cutie mark separately. That way that internal conflict between the group can finally occur and make for a very interesting episode.

Especially if 2 out of the 3 get thier cutie Mark and the other gets deeply depressed.

• Brohoof 1

I really wouldn't mind if they didn't get their cutie marks in Season 4. But wait, what if only 1, or 2 got their Cutie mark and the others didn't? That would cause some drama. I had a friend who told me that it would be cool if they all got the same cutie mark, for friendship or something. I don't know. I just know that I love the CMC episodes and want more, whether they have or don't have cutie marks.

I personally think yes but then, now that I think about it, wouldn't their crusading be crucially over? I really liked them together as a trio trying to retrieve and figure out how to get their cutiemarks. sad.png Then again, its getting quite boring if the same routine repeats itself over and over again. 

Edited by ~Glimmer Lily~

They'd better.  I've been waiting a long time for them to get their cutie marks, and the crusading is starting to get old.  They could probably milk it for more, but I don't think they will.  Let's remember that Rainbow Dash got admitted into the Wonderbolts and Twilight became an alicorn princess in season 3.  They are not about the let the status quota rule this show.

Hmmmm i dont know really on one side of the coin i want all the characters dreams in the show to come true that CMC get their cutie marks and rainbow dash joins the wonderbolts and rarity opens a shop in canterlot. However what will happen with the CMC when they get their cutie marks? what will they do? Yes they will still be best friends but what adventures are they gonna go on? 

I do want them to get their cutie marks before the show ends ( i deeply from the bottom of my heart hope that doesnt happen EVER) 

The story of the CMC after they get their cutie marks seems a little weird... they would probably have to focus mainly on one crusader rather than the CMC group an example would be maybe scootaloo on her path to learn how to fly. Or sweeite belle doing something very big and difficult (that involves her special talent) 

• 1 year later...

The leaked episode list for season 5 leads me to believe that Scootaloo gets her cutie mark.

Cutie Mark Magic - Part 1

Curious as to why the castle appeared, Twilight and her friends investigate a mysterious map that leads them to a strange town.

502: Cutie Mark Magic - Part 2

Fearing a trap, Twilight turns to Discord to help rescue her friends from Maredane.

503: The Crystal Caper

The map sends the ponies to the Crystal Empire, where they must help the crystal ponies without letting Princess Cadance know.

504: Seed No Evil

Babs Seed returns to Ponyville, but Applebloom soon notices her cousin slipping back into her old habits.

505: Over the Moon

Princess Luna summons Twilight to help her interpret a vision about a falling star.

506: A Hoof-full of Apples

The map sends the ponies to Appleloosa, where the townfolk are blaming the buffalo for a bad crop of apples.

507: Princess Pandemonium

During a royal summit, the princesses find themselves entertaining some difficult dignitaries.

508: Fawnder over Yonder

Fluttershy travels to White Tail Wood, where she meets a deer who is even more shy than she is.

509: The Centennial Celebration

Twilight and her friends lead the festivities of of the 100th anniversary of the founding of Ponyville, but soon find themselves overwhelmed when everyony from all over Equestria comes to participate.

510: Star-Spangled Banter

With the falling star drawing closer, Twilight has to persuade the Mayor to help her prepare.

511: Sweetie Spy

Diamond Tiara recruits Sweetie Belle to help her eavesdrop on the other ponies competing in Ponyville Idol.

512: Diamond in the Dust

Rarity is summoned to be a judge for a fashion show in Canterlot, but constantly finds herself being outshined.

513: Balder-Dash

The map sends the ponies to Cloudsdale, where Rainbow Dash learns that Spitfire wants to quit the Wonderbolts.

514: Gem in the Dragon's Hands

When the dragons of Equestria learn of a rare gem in the mountains, Spike begs Twilight to let him go find it.

515: Scoot Over

When Shining Armor comes to Ponyville to coach the junior races, Scootaloo realizes what she's best at doing.

516: Party on the Bayou

The map sends the ponies to Hollow Shades, where Pinkie Pie learns that her old party tricks don't seem to work with the locals.

517: Hot New Flare

When Celestia gets sunspots, Twilight is sent to learn more about the star, where she uncovers a startling secret.

518: Sweet Apple Showdown

An Apple-hating outlaw arrives in Ponyville, and Applejack has to set aside her differences with the Flim Flam Brothers if she wants to save her farm.

519: I Dream of Cutie

Frustrated that she still hasn't earned her cutie mark, Applebloom hangs up her crusader's cape.

520: Groovy Gala House

When Discord is called to be a host at the Grand Galloping Gala, he asks Fluttershy to help him.

521: The Changelings Are Due on Stirrup Street

When a panicked mare claims to have seen a changeling, all of Ponyville is thrown into a frenzy.

522: Library Blues

The map leads the ponies right in the middle of Ponyville, where Twilight realizes her old library once stood.

523: Sparkle Sparkle Supernova

With the star falling soon, Twilight tries to put her mind to other things, but can't seem to shake her fear.

524: S Marks the Spot

The map leads the ponies to one final location, Starswirl the Bearded's secret study.

525: The Falling Star - Part 1

When Sirius lands, Twilight must lead her kingdom in spite of Celestia's warnings.

526: The Falling Star - Part 2

In fear of losing her friends forever, Twilight recants her wings and crown.

The leaked episode list for season 5 leads me to believe that Scootaloo gets her cutie mark.

Cutie Mark Magic - Part 1

Curious as to why the castle appeared, Twilight and her friends investigate a mysterious map that leads them to a strange town.

502: Cutie Mark Magic - Part 2

Fearing a trap, Twilight turns to Discord to help rescue her friends from Maredane.

503: The Crystal Caper

The map sends the ponies to the Crystal Empire, where they must help the crystal ponies without letting Princess Cadance know.

504: Seed No Evil

Babs Seed returns to Ponyville, but Applebloom soon notices her cousin slipping back into her old habits.

505: Over the Moon

Princess Luna summons Twilight to help her interpret a vision about a falling star.

506: A Hoof-full of Apples

The map sends the ponies to Appleloosa, where the townfolk are blaming the buffalo for a bad crop of apples.

507: Princess Pandemonium

During a royal summit, the princesses find themselves entertaining some difficult dignitaries.

508: Fawnder over Yonder

Fluttershy travels to White Tail Wood, where she meets a deer who is even more shy than she is.

509: The Centennial Celebration

Twilight and her friends lead the festivities of of the 100th anniversary of the founding of Ponyville, but soon find themselves overwhelmed when everyony from all over Equestria comes to participate.

510: Star-Spangled Banter

With the falling star drawing closer, Twilight has to persuade the Mayor to help her prepare.

511: Sweetie Spy

Diamond Tiara recruits Sweetie Belle to help her eavesdrop on the other ponies competing in Ponyville Idol.

512: Diamond in the Dust

Rarity is summoned to be a judge for a fashion show in Canterlot, but constantly finds herself being outshined.

513: Balder-Dash

The map sends the ponies to Cloudsdale, where Rainbow Dash learns that Spitfire wants to quit the Wonderbolts.

514: Gem in the Dragon's Hands

When the dragons of Equestria learn of a rare gem in the mountains, Spike begs Twilight to let him go find it.

515: Scoot Over

When Shining Armor comes to Ponyville to coach the junior races, Scootaloo realizes what she's best at doing.

516: Party on the Bayou

The map sends the ponies to Hollow Shades, where Pinkie Pie learns that her old party tricks don't seem to work with the locals.

517: Hot New Flare

When Celestia gets sunspots, Twilight is sent to learn more about the star, where she uncovers a startling secret.

518: Sweet Apple Showdown

An Apple-hating outlaw arrives in Ponyville, and Applejack has to set aside her differences with the Flim Flam Brothers if she wants to save her farm.

519: I Dream of Cutie

Frustrated that she still hasn't earned her cutie mark, Applebloom hangs up her crusader's cape.

520: Groovy Gala House

When Discord is called to be a host at the Grand Galloping Gala, he asks Fluttershy to help him.

521: The Changelings Are Due on Stirrup Street

When a panicked mare claims to have seen a changeling, all of Ponyville is thrown into a frenzy.

522: Library Blues

The map leads the ponies right in the middle of Ponyville, where Twilight realizes her old library once stood.

523: Sparkle Sparkle Supernova

With the star falling soon, Twilight tries to put her mind to other things, but can't seem to shake her fear.

524: S Marks the Spot

The map leads the ponies to one final location, Starswirl the Bearded's secret study.

525: The Falling Star - Part 1

When Sirius lands, Twilight must lead her kingdom in spite of Celestia's warnings.

526: The Falling Star - Part 2

In fear of losing her friends forever, Twilight recants her wings and crown.

That list is certainly a fake.
  • Brohoof 1

Hi there, everypony!

As we all know, the main goal of the Cutie Mark Crusaders is to get their cutie marks. Now I've seen loads of bronies say that they really hope that the Cutie Mark Crusaders should get their cutie marks.

But my question is: why? Wouldn't that mean the end of the Cutie Mark Crusaders? Sure, they'll still be friends, but there won't be any episodes about our favourite fillies chasing their dreams. Besides their desire of getting their cutie marks, they don't really have a base for a good episode (besides character development). Unless season 4 is the final season, I would not really enjoy seeing them get their cutie marks already, because that would probably mean no CMC episodes anymore.

I'd like to see what you bronies think!  Tell me why it would, or would not be good if they'd get their cutie marks in season 4? I'd love to hear your thoughts about it, or maybe even change my mind!

Catch you later! Brohoof, everyone. /)

I personally think these three were made to never get their cutie marks just to mirror the little kids that want to grow up quickly. That and the fact that their special talents are blatantly obvious anyway. They have been hinted at so much it would only hinder the plot to give them what we already know was going to happen. Unless they have random as buck marks then that'd be amusing.

• The title was changed to [hidden]