Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Tyranny of Princess Cadence (Reboot) OoC

Justin ZW

That would be a good idea, all things considered. 

I'm planning on the attack happening when it makes sense, after my spies get back with the information...

Also, I would just like to say that since Harmonic doesn't have any real major abilities (his magic was mainly used to kill small animals - rabbits and such, so it's really not that strong unless he really focuses on it.) His main strength is going to be in his squad, as you've probably guessed. Individually his own soldiers are only outmatched by the princesses' guards themselves (Cadence and Celestia's) and he's going to use them a lot. 

Basically what i'm saying is, he has two dozen personal guards, and i'll be keeping a track of the numbers, so don't go killing them off left and right without a fight, y'know? One vs one they are trained enough to (almost, for the sake of the RP) match participants characters, but they never fight alone if it can be avoided. 

Okay, so it seems like the Equestrians are just waiting for the next day. Can we come to a point where we close out the events for this particular day and move on to the next? In addition, the attack on Appleloosa... does it happen in the next day of the story, or is it like two days away? Swordpoint and Sanura need to arrive after the attack... although I suppose I could work something up where they get there, meet with Applejack, and leave in search of the caravan... and then Appleloosa is attacked while they're looking for the shipment. We seriously need to coordinate this, considering the time-sensitivity of it.

Ha. I was about to post something like this. XD I think the second idea is the better; after all, it would make sense for Swordpoint and Sanura to seek out Applejack first of to get the exact location of the caravan. Cuz otherwise they could go to the wrong place. Anyway, the attack could happen while they're looking for the shipment and then they could get back to Appleloosa and see the effect of teh attack. O_o

Btw I have been reading the RP so far, even tho I can't post as of yet.

• Brohoof 1

That's not a bad idea, and it actually gives them a reason to be going there, and an excuse not to be there...I like it. 

I'll try and make the actual attack over in a couple of posts (but i'll give everyone time to post, as it's the first action in the RP it would suck to miss out) 

@@Katella Avenue,@@Shift

We can't attack however, until whatever information you two drum up has been returned, dont feel you're being rushed, i'm sure Justin can come up with something to busy the Equestrians. (If you feel you need to time skip anything, go ahead, at the minute it wont really conflict with the story)

Krein, you din't read my post. Curse wants to know how long the contract will last. You may not have read it, since you were typing your post.

Don't worry, I edited it and deleted everything else I had typed. Now it's just a comment on my question here from yesterday and an explanation as to why I didn't refer to your post.

• Brohoof 1

Blah, the timewarp is supposed to just be for the Equestrians. You guys can continue what you were doing... although do try to wrap it up soon.

Well, TBH, the only thing that matters is the Crystal Empire. They need to attack Appleloosa while Sanura and I are away after we meet with Applejack.

Don't worry, I edited it and deleted everything else I had typed. Now it's just a comment on my question here from yesterday and an explanation as to why I didn't refer to your post.

As far as i'm concerned, the answer to yesterdays question was a no. I know it's only a small matter and it's pretty insignificant considering it would have happened anyway, but there's no godmodding to be done by anyone. I've mentioned it to Justin at the start of the RP and i'll stand by it now - none. It's a pet hate of mine taking control of other characters. 

And I totally forgot about the blood on the wall of the palace...i'll mention that, we'll just say it was in a place that's not often trod, or something. 

As far as i'm concerned, the answer to yesterdays question was a no. I know it's only a small matter and it's pretty insignificant considering it would have happened anyway, but there's no godmodding to be done by anyone. I've mentioned it to Justin at the start of the RP and i'll stand by it now - none. It's a pet hate of mine taking control of other characters. 

And I totally forgot about the blood on the wall of the palace...i'll mention that, we'll just say it was in a place that's not often trod, or something.

That's the problem though, I never received a response, or at least made aware of it...

Oh well, continue the conversation it is then!

Also, I just thought, the time warp would actually be a pretty good setting. The spies can wrap their mission up (after they've arrived and actually gone through with it, of course, i'm not expecting them to just stop what they're doing for the sake of it) and time skip back to the Crystal Empire, and to the next morning. I'll get a skip going with Harmonic, Arrow and Sanguinem (I think?), and then Chip and Mad Life can skip to the morning after, when they've returned. 

When we all meet in the morning we'll discuss the intel and then march on Appleloosa. Sound good? 

That's the problem though, I never received a response, or at least made aware of it...

Oh well, continue the conversation it is then!

Yeah that's always a problem. I read your post and then my laptop died while I was typing out a response, I figured someone else would get on it so I just carried on playing Bioshock. Lazy work on my part, apologies. 

Do you mean the contract? If you do, surely if the ponies agree, then they are giving the player permission to kill them if they don't do these things?

(edited)

Do you mean the contract? If you do, surely if the ponies agree, then they are giving the player permission to kill them if they don't do these things?

It's been stated clearly more than once that the only players who have the power to kill another pony are myself, Justin and SuperDerpy. No exceptions. 

Krein was asking permission to sign the contract for the other ponies by taking control of their characters. 

Edited by Creeping Dusk

Oh no, that was just an answer to my question, which was basically asking if I could have all the other ponies automatically sign it and stuff.

Oh yeah, the whole draconian rules about being executed for betrayal and stuff was just for effect.

It's been stated clearly more than once that the only players who have the power to kill another pony are myself, Justin and SuperDerpy. No exceptions. 

Krein was asking permission to sign the contract for the other ponies by taking control of their characters. 

I understand.  I wasn't really sure what it was you were saying no to at the time. So what would happen if they broke the terms of the contract?

I understand.  I wasn't really sure what it was you were saying no to at the time. So what would happen if they broke the terms of the contract?

That's a good question. I don't see why anyone would break the terms of contract, considering that's why you signed up to the black mares, but we'll just have to say there's a pretty nasty punishment of some sort. I don't know, to be honest. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it. 

Which Bioshock by the way?

All of them. Currently Bioshock 1, going for the Brass Balls achievement, then Bioshock 2 for the retread, and then 1999 on Bioshock Infinite. Because why not, right? 

Also, i'd rather not have a serving in death clause, because it could be used as a workaround to the death system...

You can keep it, as long as there's no revival from being killed and banned from the RP for breaking the rules. Understand my concern? 

• Brohoof 1

That's a good question. I don't see why anyone would break the terms of contract, considering that's why you signed up to the black mares, but we'll just have to say there's a pretty nasty punishment of some sort. I don't know, to be honest. We'll cross that bridge if we come to it. 

All of them. Currently Bioshock 1, going for the Brass Balls achievement, then Bioshock 2 for the retread, and then 1999 on Bioshock Infinite. Because why not, right? 

Also, i'd rather not have a serving in death clause, because it could be used as a workaround to the death system...

You can keep it, as long as there's no revival from being killed and banned from the RP for breaking the rules. Understand my concern?

No I don't.

Actually yes I do, don't worry :P. Yeah, I'll be sure to follow the rules and such. Like you said, if something like that were to happen, then we'll see about it in it's due time.

You know guys I gotta say, this is taking off a lot better than it did before, and frankly a lot better than I expected this time. 

It's good to see that we're all posting when appropriate too, and it's going at a pretty steady pace. 

It would be nice to see how far this RP goes. If anyone has any ideas to improve it, let us know so we can do. I would personally like to see this last for a while, i'm enjoying actually being able to use Harmonic as himself for once. 

Things tend to go a lot smoother when you don't have a malnourished, overpowered, demonic Tails the Fox ripoff running around, but I agree. I'm actually enjoying this a lot more than I expected to, and I seriously can't wait for the stuff to get even more serious.

• Brohoof 1

Quick question before I post a reply on the actual thread: Sanguinem's Network exists, right? I'm assuming so, since I wasn't told to discontinue them, and it seemed like Harmonic agreed to Sanguine's suggestion, but I'd like to be sure before I say something that is out of place.

(edited)

Things tend to go a lot smoother when you don't have a malnourished, overpowered, demonic Tails the Fox ripoff running around, but I agree. I'm actually enjoying this a lot more than I expected to, and I seriously can't wait for the stuff to get even more serious.

That is the greatest thing I have read all week.

@@00Pony,

Just a point I picked up on (I think yesterday?) you mentioned Sanguinem looking around at the malcontent citizens of the Crystal Empire after I did. Nothing wrong with that, but just so you know Princess Cadence has been treating them pretty badly, and it's understandable why they'd be unhappy. (Duh?) Harmonic however...his mind his somewhere between broken and mush. As far as he's concerned, Cadence is bringing order and discipline to the empire, so he doesn't see what she's doing wrong in his eyes. 

Again i'm not picking fault or anything like that, i'm just letting you know exactly what's going on in Harmonic's head. 

Sorry if it sounds like i'm having a go today, i'm finally not busy and i've now got time to adress everything i've wanted to before. 

(Wow...that was timing! Yes, they do exist as far as i'm concerned, we agreed every member of a military could be in control of a small force of their own soldiers up to 12, so they can be yours - again I would like to reference my earlier post to reinforce why Harmonic has double the numbers) 

Edited by Creeping Dusk
  • Brohoof 1

@

What I particularly like is that I have the ability to actually display Swordpoint as a normal pony. I can show him going home to Rainbow at the end of the day, and during the day, I can show him training the royal guard, talking with Luna and Celestia, practicing magic, blah blah blah.

It's pretty sweet. 

I have a tiny question

Are the equestrians limited to only spears/swords etc, or can they have weaponry about 500 years after the medieval era? 

I have a tiny question

Are the equestrians limited to only spears/swords etc, or can they have weaponry about 500 years after the medieval era? 

As long as there are no guns, or weapons that would be deemed unfair (can you have a fair weapon?) I dont see a problem, but what would you have in mind before we give any definite answers?

I was thinking of flintlocks or percussion muskets, however that would fall into the category of guns.

I guess in that case I'll just be using spears and halberds.

@,

Just a point I picked up on (I think yesterday?) you mentioned Sanguinem looking around at the malcontent citizens of the Crystal Empire after I did. Nothing wrong with that, but just so you know Princess Cadence has been treating them pretty badly, and it's understandable why they'd be unhappy. (Duh?) Harmonic however...his mind his somewhere between broken and mush. As far as he's concerned, Cadence is bringing order and discipline to the empire, so he doesn't see what she's doing wrong in his eyes.   

I see. Sanguine's (I'm just going to start calling him that, it means the same thing and it just flows better than Sanguinem) kind of happy about how the Empire's turning, being the cruel bastard he is. As mentioned in his back story, he and his father were very loyal to Sombra, his father having been hit pretty strongly by the King's corruption, and him hammering his ideals and beliefs into his son from a young age. Sanguine's fully aware of the unhappy state of the citizens, and he finds it greatly amusing, whether he shows it or not. 

And it's alright, I understand fully. I'm not really one to get insulted by things to easily, most of the time.

Wow...that was timing! Yes, they do exist as far as i'm concerned, we agreed every member of a military could be in control of a small force of their own soldiers up to 12, so they can be yours - again I would like to reference my earlier post to reinforce why Harmonic has double the numbers  

Oh, awesome.