Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching The Tyranny of Princess Cadence (Reboot) OoC

Justin ZW

(edited)

RP Thread

After a bungled first attempt, the Tyranny of Princess Cadence has returned with some tweaks and improvements.

The original idea is credited to @Super Derpy. I collaborated with him and to create this reboot. This thread is being created with his full support and approval.

Plot:
Princess Cadence and Shining Armor ruled over the Crystal Empire together after Sombra's defeat. Their benevolence and kindness turned the empire into a gleaming gem, much like it was before King Sombra overthrew the throne.

But all good things must come to an end. Princess Cadence became increasingly distant, much unlike herself. Despite his best efforts, Shining Armor could not lift her spirits or help her. She only denied that anything was wrong. Then, one cold day, she murdered her husband, proclaiming that it was "for the good of the empire."

Several days passed, and Princess Cadence began to pass unusually restrictive and aggressive laws. In the meantime, she slowly began to gather a force of soldiers. While there were rumors, no one knew her true motives.

This is where our story begins.

There will be three factions in this story:
Equestrians
Crystal Empire (Cadence's army)
Black Mares (Now the Black Hoof, I guess?)

The Equestrians are the followers of Celestia. Initially, they have no knowledge of Cadence's insanity. As the plot develops, they will learn of her slow descent into madness and eventually march in defense of their kingdom.

The Crystal Empire ponies are Cadence's soldiers. They fight for their princess for different reasons, whether it be a firm belief that her actions are truly for the good of the empire, or simply for pure, evil bloodlust. Princess Cadence gathers them together slowly to lead her troops in battle.

The Black Mares are a resistance force. At the beginning of the story, this group has not yet formed. Members of the Black Mares will slowly meet one another as Cadence tightens her iron grip on the Crystal Empire, and they will eventually form their group as they each discover one another's hatred toward what Cadence has become.

Notes: The Equestrians and the Black Mares are not enemies. While they are not necessarily allies, they do share a common goal: to see the tyrannical reign of the princess end. The Crystal Empire Army, on the other hand, are hostile to the other two factions.

Each faction has five spots to fill, with one of each of those spots already taken by the character who will lead the faction.

Equestrians:
1. Justin_ZW as Swordpoint
2. Avolon as Phylomon
3. Pripyat Pony as Sanura
4. ~HistoricallyInaccurate~ as Golden Age

Crystal Empire:
1. Creeping Dusk as Chaotic Harmony

3. Ano170 as Arrow

5. 00Pony as Sanguinem

Black Mares
1. Super Derpy as Crystal Dusk
2. MinecraftBronyFTW as Curse of Shadows
3. Krein as Acheron

5. Ragestar as Crimson Grinn

Basic rules:
1. No alicorns and no exceptions. Alicorn characters generally tend to be overpowered and/or Gary Stus/Mary Sues, and as such, we've decided that they will be barred from this RP.
2. No OP characters. All applicants will be reviewed, and characters deemed to be OP and/or Gary Stus/Mary Sues will be denied.
3. Ponies only, please. Zebras are fine, but no griffons, dragons, etc.
4. One character per person, please.

5. No guns. Considering that most ponies use physical weapons, guns are far too OP. 
6. Absolutely NO godmodding for ANY reason whatsoever. It's rude to take control of someone else's character without their express permission.
7. Be respectful to other roleplayers. If you're repeatedly causing problems and being rude, you will be asked to leave.
8. Proper spelling and grammar are REQUIRED. It's not optional.
9. Princess Celestia and Princess Cadence are only to be controlled by the leader of the corresponding faction. This means that only I will control Celestia, and only Creeping Dusk will control Cadence. This is to help avoid plot confusion/manipulation due to someone using them to say what they want.
10. Play fair. Your character is not invincible, no matter how great you think they are.
11. Don't try to manipulate the plot. If you want to add in side stories for your character, that's probably okay, but any major plot changes should be cleared with myself, Super Derpy, and Creeping Dusk.

Breaking any of the in-game rules, such as godmodding or controlling a faction leader, will result in a warning. If you receive three warnings, your character will be killed and you will be ejected from the roleplay.

When applying, please provide a link to your character in the database, or your post will be ignored.

Now then, if there's any questions, ask away! I'm eager to see this reboot start, considering its great potential!

Edited by Justin ZW

I'd like to join as Curse of Shadows again (link in sig) for Black Mares. Although, last time, there were already three pages of the RP before I'd even started, and I may have to leave again if that happens again.

No alicorns? Oh well, nothing too rare to see in RPs. Not that I'm complaining though :D! Here's a character I haven't used too much anyway, and I mean to test him out more in other RPs.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/acheron-r3018

I can add in a few more details to him if you'd like. Till then, I'd like to have him in the Black Mares.

I love this reboot, but unfortunately I cant join this. I have a lot planned for the summer which will ruin my chances of posting unless I get a tablet with some internet around. I doubt that will happen soon though, since we're on a budget and I have no money for a tablet.

(edited)

@,

You're in, I see no reason not to let you join. Just know this, the RP will probably move quickly, simply due to the amount of members taking part. However, I hope it will be a reasonable pace, because people will have to actually wait for a response from their faction leaders - which was a major part of the last RP's confusion, in my eyes. Also, I will be more than happy to fill you in if there's something you have missed, should you need it at any point.

@@Avolon,

I really like your character design, you're in. 

@,

Would it be at all possible to ask you for a backstory for this character before I give a definite yes? It's good to have variation in the participants, other than just the born for war type. If you can provide a backstory for him, I dont see why not.  

@@Pripyat Pony,

You know...it's really difficult not to just say yes because of your Elfen Lied avatar...we did agree on ponies only, but zebras where allowed within reason. Half zebra...i'm a little...hmm, but i'll happily say yes and accept your character, at least you're not another assassin in the same faction as someone else.

@@slimmyjimjim,

Right...here we go. I don't like saying no to people, but i'm afraid i'm going to have to on this one. I'll hand the decision over to Justin and Super Derpy, however. I apologise, but I just don't feel your character would fit in this RP personally. 

~HistoricallyInaccurate~ Apologies, but it wont allow me to mention you, and my laptop is being stupid and wont allow me to quote you either.

First lieutenant of the royal guard eh? Fancy. I dont see why not, you're accepted. 

As for commanding your own regiment, I will say yes, within reason. So, no going out with your whole squad against one of the other players by themself, unless things just happen to be in that situation from a complete coincidence. A small regiment under your command shouldn't be a problem, but i'll leave the final decision up to Super Derpy and Justin. 

@

Plan is to hopefully set off something like the old Pirate RP or Equestria Divided, hopefully we'll have this RP running for a very long time, and people can join in whenever. So if you feel like joining up sometime later, be sure to! 

Edited by Creeping Dusk

Yeah, the main one I've been developing for him is his betrayal by his allies, who then took power over his homeland and basically ruined its morality by condoning evil deeds and ruling in ways only that would benefit them and thejr favorite subjects. Acheron, fought to live in his place of exile, survived, searched for more knowledge in order to defeat them (they betrayed him for artifacts of power, which is how they rose to power; Acheron and former friends were in no way part of aristocracy), and using the dark magic he cursed their lands and killed them in the end.

So, he's basically a type of "dark judgement" character, and thought that he would fit more nicely for this one than the original one I intended to register with.

(edited)

I'm a bit hesitant after the last one... but alright. Is it okay if i have two characters? Its not listed in the rules. If i can, then i will have Fiera join the Equestrians and Arcane join the Crystal Empire. (Both links in sig). If i can only have one, then i will only have Arcane join.

Edited by The Original PWD

Okay! List is updated with the accepted participants.

Now, then...

@

As Dusk said, it'd be preferable to get a little bit more backstory.

@@slimmyjimjim

This roleplay involves war, and I don't think your character would quite be cut out for that.

@~HistoricallyInaccurate~

You may command your own regiment, but you must stick with the plot. Besides, the fighting isn't going to be as instantaneous as last time. We will spend some time doing plot development so there's some actual substance and not just "OK WAR TIME GO."

Okay! List is updated with the accepted participants.

Now, then...

@

As Dusk said, it'd be preferable to get a little bit more backstory.

@@slimmyjimjim

This roleplay involves war, and I don't think your character would quite be cut out for that.

@~HistoricallyInaccurate~

You may command your own regiment, but you must stick with the plot. Besides, the fighting isn't going to be as instantaneous as last time. We will spend some time doing plot development so there's some actual substance and not just "OK WAR TIME GO."

Of course I'll stick with the plot :3, not a problem there

You can never have too much plot development XD

(edited)

Those are really the main points of his backstory, so I don't really know what else to say...

Oh well, I'll await your responses, I'll understand if I'm not accepted since of course, the last guy who had a vague backstory ended up bucking the whole RP..

Edited by Krein

I'm a bit hesitant after the last one... but alright. Is it okay if i have two characters? Its not listed in the rules. If i can, then i will have Fiera join the Equestrians and Arcane join the Crystal Empire. (Both links in sig). If i can only have one, then i will only have Arcane join.

Fiera is an alicorn, and alicorns are not allowed in this roleplay. However, Arcane seems alright, so if you'd like to join with him, then you're welcome to.

Those are really the main points of his backstory, so I don't really know what else to say...

Oh well, I'll await your responses, I'll understand if I'm not accepted.

You posted your previous post while I was in the middle of posting mine :P

I'll go ahead and say that you're in.

Fiera is an alicorn, and alicorns are not allowed in this roleplay. However, Arcane seems alright, so if you'd like to join with him, then you're welcome to.

Pretty sure you didn't bother to look at her backstory OR her picture. Her horn is snapped and she has 0 magic. She is technically pegasus.

You posted your previous post while I was in the middle of posting mine :P

I'll go ahead and say that you're in.

Hooray, I get to go and conspire and murder one of my favorite princesses now xD.

Glad to hear I'm in, I'm looking forward to what this actually has to offer.

@

No, I didn't. I read the first two lines and saw "Species: Alicorn."

Regardless, we're going to go with one character per person. Please choose one of the two.

(edited)

Request for a reservation on Black Mares please. Let my fish up my profile ALL over again. dry.png Someone please help my unorganized self...

I just listed mine on my favorites. That way when I need it, I can just click on the page and copy & paste the url.

Edited by ~HistoricallyInaccurate~

I just listed mine on my favorites. That way when I need it, I can just click on the page and copy & paste the url.

GREAT IDEA!

why did i not think of it...

Now excuse me while I use the search bar.

Please. Cause I am lazy too. ;n;

Search bar never really worked for me

I used to go to google and search for "(Insert OC name here) Mlp forums" whenever I needed it

But then I got lazy and put it in my favorites yay.png

(edited)

Haha, guess what I saw on youtube when I wasn't logged in.

About 6 different pony related videos in about 18 others.

Youtube <3 me

Also, I liek shinish things

Edited by Bluenote~