Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any suggestions on composing programs for music? (Wanna create music on Pony.fm)

Pinkiepieness

I've been playing a clarinet for the past 8 years and I am the best in my county (I got bragging rights biggrin.png) But with the music I want to do, that'll only help like maybe 5% if that. I know how to write music I just need more depth into it.

Nnnnnice!

You're totally off to great start then!

That post wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, I just put it there for anyone to see.

deadmau5 knows how to play the piano, and he's created various tracks with piano in them. In fact, the track that rose him to fame was 'Faxing Berlin,' which has a piano acoustic intro. Other great piano tracks are 'Soma', 'Strobe', 'Raise Your Weapon', 'Sleepless', 'Careless', 'I Forget.' It does help to have experience with main instruments like piano and guitar.

• Brohoof 1

Nnnnnice!

You're totally off to great start then!

That post wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, I just put it there for anyone to see.

Haha it's okay! I think it's fun to play music! :D I know it can be touch sometimes but playing music is my life! I want to go to college for it but it's not a very sensible choice in finding a job.

Well, it depends on what genre you plan to make music of. It helps to know some rhythmic bases of music, but actual instrument playing doesn't take a huge part of you music affiliation, as long as you're using a computer to make music. 

Are you saying that the ability to compose electronic music is entirely separate from the ability to play a real instrument, and the musicality you learn from that?

deadmau5 knows how to play the piano, and he's created various tracks with piano in them. In fact, the track that rose him to fame was 'Faxing Berlin,' which has a piano acoustic intro. Other great piano tracks are 'Soma', 'Strobe', 'Raise Your Weapon', 'Sleepless', 'Careless', 'I Forget.' It does help to have experience with main instruments like piano and guitar.

Those I pretty sweet! I'll have to check them out! I kind of want to do some MLP orchestral pieces but I want a little bit of dubstep too :)

Are you saying that the ability to compose electronic music is entirely separate from the ability to play a real instrument, and the musicality you learn from that?

I said nothing of the sort, I simply said that you don't necessarily have to learn how to play an instrument to compose computerized music, you just need to know the composition of the staff, the notes, the notes duration, and the composition of a normal song, bass for rhythm, drums for a beat, and guitar or piano for leads. However, in Ableton, all those instruments are default in the program as presets, really mainly you need a MIDI keyboard or a Launchpad. I know how to play the guitar and the mainly helps me only when I want to record a guitar lead into the song.