Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Magic: Real or Not?

DragonAlex97

i do believe in supernaturals, but i also believe that humans are not capable of using them.

certain animals do have this capability, that's why dogs are always very stressed out way before an actual disaster happens. i believe that dogs can actually sense this.

• Brohoof 3

i don't think spells or any of that could ever really happen it impossible to make something from nothing or launch something through elements.

Well, in some sense magic is real. and In others it's fake. If a rabbit comes out of a hat. You can already predict that there was a flap in the hat where they stored the bunny so, when they showed you the hat was "empty". It actually wasn't then they reach in and open the flap then there's a rabbit in the hat ;O. I believe in magic just not the tricks that you can figure out. Seeing is believing.

I don't think it's real.  There are things people don't understand, and I think that's where the idea of magic comes from.  I do think mental powers are real (telekinesis and stuff), but magic not at all.  

Magic in the normal sense that most people think about does not exist. Spells and shit like that does not exist. I'm unsure about certain supernatural things, but I'm pretty sure that most of it is just a hoax. Anything you see on T.V. isn't real. It all really depends on whether there is an afterlife or not really, which no one can really know. Magic is really just sciences and what not that we don't understand yet. I'm agnostic btw.

I agree with Beyonder here. Just about anything is possible, though not necessarily likely. As for spells and "hocus-pocus" kinds of magic, as well as witchcraft, I do not believe anything of that sort has been successfully practiced in human history, though who knows, I could be wrong. I believe that a belief in magic stems from many very real and sometimes unexplained even to this day phenomena misconstrued by people who don't fully understand what is going on. So yes, I believe in magic. I do not believe magic has ever been practiced in recorded history. I do, however, believe in as-of-yet unexplained mysteries and phenomena ordinarily classified as supernatural, and that they could be part of the basis behind stories of magic. I do not, however, believe that these "supernatural" phenomena are anything more than perfectly believable occurrences that have simply yet to be explained, like volcanoes before anyone developed the tools and gathered the courage to investigate them.

And sure, I'd like to hear your reasoning behind your belief in magic, Dragon. I'm always game to hear new opinions, and who knows, your story might even sway my beliefs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Yes, "magic" does exist. I've experienced it firsthand. Plus, I've known people that have also exerienced the same. I wouldn't call it "magic", however, as a better explanation would be supernatural phenomena. As for humans using it, that is rare, but when posessed by spirits or channeling energy through them, much can be done. Do yourself a favor and avoid this kind of stuff as It's not without its side effects.

Edited by MontagnaMagica

well one reason is becuse of a magic seal i know and have bin trying to research and have gotten some info from a friend which this is what i got from him 

if i am correct it is the symbol of the israeli witches why are you looking for this seal used to seal spirits, demons, dragon spirits and angels why would it come to your attention
The strings of fate bend to no mortal so what this force is it is non existent therefore inmortal for that which has not been born cannot die why has fate disturbed bones long since picked clean, tell me what will happen when the seal is open. The most terrible demons have been sealed away by that seal if broken. I am mortal meaning i will die and means i am not all seeing and even i am manipulable by whispers in my ear. What is on the horizon is none of my business but this matter is now out of my eventually fading mortal hands
it requires the blood of seven witches, pure of heart both to open and close the seal many demons were sealed like mialzabub,leviathan and behemoth but a dragon was sealed among them mistaken for a demon his name was blud uf ancin which means blood of the ancients. He was a dragon that was fighting the demons but got sealed by mistake. The demons corrupted the dragon over time though his will was strong the demons whispered and whispered until the dragon listened and joined there ranks. Think of the seals as seperate pockets of reality but connected each seal connects to all the others but they only hold one living or undead creature at a time.That is all i know.

and i know Montangnamagica that there are side affects but it all depends on certain things

I do not believe in magic. For "magic" is just something one cannot explain. If one were to make a remedy that would cure all illnesses and physical incapabilities, another may consider this magic, when the one who concocted this remedy, truely knows what it is.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, not exactly all that much, maybe in some sense, but not really in a traditional sense. And I guess its possible maybe by another race besides humans, but yeah not really.

Interesting story, though I haven't really been given too much information, so my opinion really hasn't drastically swung one wya or the other. I'm still not a big believer in magic, though I don't necessarily doubt that this seal you think of isn't special in some way. It could very well contain some ancient, powerful force; I don't know enough about it to create an opinion, and I likely won't until I come into contact with it or something similar.

• Brohoof 2

A big maybe. I haven't visited every corner of the universe.

Like aliens for me. Could exist.. People's interpretation of what it is could be way off.

• Brohoof 1

well one reason is becuse of a magic seal i know and have bin trying to research and have gotten some info from a friend which this is what i got from him 

if i am correct it is the symbol of the israeli witches why are you looking for this seal used to seal spirits, demons, dragon spirits and angels why would it come to your attention
The strings of fate bend to no mortal so what this force is it is non existent therefore inmortal for that which has not been born cannot die why has fate disturbed bones long since picked clean, tell me what will happen when the seal is open. The most terrible demons have been sealed away by that seal if broken. I am mortal meaning i will die and means i am not all seeing and even i am manipulable by whispers in my ear. What is on the horizon is none of my business but this matter is now out of my eventually fading mortal hands
it requires the blood of seven witches, pure of heart both to open and close the seal many demons were sealed like mialzabub,leviathan and behemoth but a dragon was sealed among them mistaken for a demon his name was blud uf ancin which means blood of the ancients. He was a dragon that was fighting the demons but got sealed by mistake. The demons corrupted the dragon over time though his will was strong the demons whispered and whispered until the dragon listened and joined there ranks. Think of the seals as seperate pockets of reality but connected each seal connects to all the others but they only hold one living or undead creature at a time.That is all i know.

and i know Montangnamagica that there are side affects but it all depends on certain things

Retarded sounding question... but whatever, I have to ask. That dragon doesn't happen to be red... and about the size of a medium sized dog does he...? Cause I had this vision of a rad dragon showing up at a bronycon I was at. Now since I'm aware of tulpa energy and spiritual energy i found it rather odd that only I could see him and I am at least aware that i don't have that ability yet so I know I didn't create it when i had the vision. Made for a weird vision when it plays out that no one could see him. lol

(edited)

You know what I think it's completely possible! I mean think about how large the entirety of the universe is, you cant even imagine it. So who's to say that theirs not part of the universe somewhere billions upon trillions upon zillion's of light years a way their isn't some part of the universe where physics are completely different than our own. I mean their could literally be saiyan like OR a pony like race out there if you think about it!!!!!! Funny thing is I'm not even joking I'm dead serious. I mean yea in OUR little insignificant part of the galaxy it might be physically impossible, but if you think about it scientists are already discovering strange things out there that were thought to be impossible just a few years prior! Just google dark matter or the god particle and you'll be quite surprised.

Heck we haven't even scratched the surface of mystery's on EARTH let alone other parts of the universe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbRiYhD3M5s

A big maybe. I haven't visited every corner of the universe.
Like aliens for me. Could exist.. People's interpretation of what it is could be way off.

Exactly!!! To me it's just AWESOME to think of all the strange things that could be out there way beyond our little corner of the universe!

Edited by buster500
  • Brohoof 1

As someone who's generally a man of science, I would say that magic hasn't been proven yet to exist with any reliable and repeatable experiments or testing medthodology.  But at the same time, human understanding of the way the universe works is still incomplete.  

In short, it has not been proven to exist but I'm not going to say any absolutes beyond that.

• Brohoof 3

As someone who's generally a man of science, I would say that magic hasn't been proven yet to exist with any reliable and repeatable experiments or testing medthodology.  But at the same time, human understanding of the way the universe works is still incomplete.  

In short, it has not been proven to exist but I'm not going to say any absolutes beyond that.

When something hasn't been proven, the only way that it should be approached is that it doesn't exist and cannot exist unless hard, solid and consistent facts show otherwise.

With me being a big sci-fi fan I must say that I believe in magic. One of my favorite quotes is  "Magic is just science we don't understand yet" -Arthur C. Clarke. I truly believe that quote seeing that there is no finite amount of things to research scientifically it tends to reason that anything is possible given the right circumstances.

• Brohoof 2

When something hasn't been proven, the only way that it should be approached is that it doesn't exist and cannot exist unless hard, solid and consistent facts show otherwise.

But to me, going towards that absolute turns belief into dogma, which doesn't encourage forward thinking and new experiences.  That to me is the difference between saying "I believe it doesn't exist" and just "it doesn't exist". 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know. For some reason I convinced myself that Etruscan/Roman haruspicy could work, along with the auspice.

Voodoo and hoodoo are both something that I really fear. And I've read some true stories about some of them voodoo rituals that can turn people into mindless zombies. Very scary to me.

(edited)

Magic is just science we don't understand.

That's pretty much my motto on the subject. "Magic" and certain types of sciences are essentially the same thing.

"Magic is just science we don't understand yet" 

Awh man, I thought I came up with a great quote there. .___.

Stupid Arthur... dry.png

Edited by Hansel