Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private New Element Wielders [Project N.E.W]

NeverAgain653289he32

Dear [Your name here],

You have been selected for the [Classified] program by Celestia and Luna themselves. An uneasy and deadly alliance has been formed between the Changeling Queen Chrysalis, and the embodiment of chaos himself Discord. They plan to take Equestria by storm and take out the princesses. You have been hoof chosen by means of [Classified] because we know you will succeed in your journey. The six ponies who wield the 'Element's of Harmony' are all MIA. Meet us in the Canterlot royal garden by sun rise tomorrow.

-Project [Classified] staff

___________________________________________________________________________________

[OOC: Hey everyone, I came up with a roleplay about you and random ponies having to go on a journey together to search for the elements that have been hidden in different cities and countries (Ex. Griffon Kingdom) to find the very well hidden elements and build a strong friendship to use them. An action (Not gruesome) / Romance / Adventure (Maybe some RPG elements) You will find out more when you get to the gardens.!]

Element of Laughter: Ginger Snap (@Rainbow Dash The Fourth)

Element of Magic: Anarchy (@Fancy Ram)

Element of Generosity: Firebolt (@Firebolt)

Element of Kindness: Peachy Keen (@LordLlamahat

Element of Honesty: Gardenia (@GaleFenrir)

Element of Loyalty: Scribeshield (@Cinderscribe)

(OOC: I will play the roles of other main characters when needed)

• Brohoof 1

Gardenia was called to the royal gardens. Which was odd, considering she spends most of her time there anyway. What made it doubly odd was that she had recently asked Celestia for an opportunity to go out and see the world at large. So why was she being called to the gardens?

Gardenia trotted through the castle; it was still quite early in the morning, the sun had yet to rise quite yet. She caught a few of the guards on duty eyeing her... a bit differently than usual. Gardenia couldn't quite determine why, but she figured it must have had something to do with why she was called.

Gardenia walked into the gardens she was so familiar with, took a whiff of the sweet scent, before remembering that there might be somepony else already there. "Um, hello?" she called out.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

(Anypony mind if I use a banner for scribe?)

scribebanner2s_by_cinderscribe-d69hii2.p

Snorting in the cool morning breeze, Scribe Shield stepped tentatively into the Royal Garden - It was still early. It was a wonder the guards had let him pass: the letter hadn't come with any kind of token or seal to prove it's legitimacy: for all he knew it might have been a fake, a practical joke. Still, it wouldn't be right to not look into it: one didn't simply refuse an invitation from Royalty.

He tugged at one of the bright straps which held the armor to him: having just been growing accustomed to not wearing it, it felt strange to be weighed down again. Shifting his weight so that the crimson throw he wore over his back could better keep the chill breeze off him, he stepped forward and noticed a figure: another pony who had apparently entered the garden from another angle.

"Hello?" he answered as she spoke - It clearly wasn't Celestia or Luna. Reasoning it must be one of the others who had received the same invitation he approached her, levitating the letter up in front of himself. "Ah, hello there. I take it you got one of these too?"

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Dear [Ginger Snap],

You have been selected for the [Classified] program by Celestia and Luna themselves. An uneasy and deadly alliance has been formed between the Changeling Queen Chrysalis, and the embodiment of chaos himself Discord. They plan to take Equestria by storm and take out the princesses. You have been hoof chosen by means of [Classified] because we know you will succeed in your journey. The six ponies who wield the 'Element's of Harmony' are all MIA. Meet us in the Canterlot royal garden by sun rise tomorrow.

Ginger Snap looked at the letter in awe.

"What? What? I don't even know!" said Ginger Snap with a quizzical expression on his face. He thought of throwing out the letter, but he noticed the royal seal and knew it was serious. He walked into the kitchen and chugged a glass of orange juice before leaving the house and locking the door. He then started to fly through the warm skies of Ponyville. After he reached Canterlot he landed in front of the castle and recieved many odd looks from the guards as he made his way through the main halls of the castle. He reached the garden and walked behind @@GaleFenrir just after she asked if anyone was there.

"Hello!" said Ginger Snap waving his hoof.

Edited by Rainbow Dash The Fourth
  • Brohoof 1

Firebolt had arrived at the Canterlot Gardens long ago. She had to take a long trip just to attend. But it seemed urgent. That, or the letter she had received was a chain mail letter that had wasted her time and money. But, Firebolt was known for playing it fairly safe. The mare's burnt orange mane was a hastily brushed mess, as she had not bothered to comb it out fully that morning. She had spent most of the night pacing the hotel room she was staying in, and was too tired for it to be of much notice to her. Even if the constant strands of hair falling into her face every now and again bothered her far too much.

The mare was quite... early. She was always early. She wasn't sure what time she was supposed to attend, even. She just kinda showed up. Waiting was not something Firebolt was good at, and she nervously played with the copper and iron necklace she was wearing. She had meant to wear her copper and steel one, but this would have to do.

"Um, hello?"

Then she heard a voice. Firebolt heard everything, which made up nicely for her lack of good sight or smell. She hadn't heard, what seemed to be a mare's, hoofsteps though. So the sudden voice made her gasp aloud and jump slightly. What if she was breaking some sort of law, being here? Maybe the letter was fake after all? Why would the Princesses find her, useful anyway? But Firebolt's mind drifted to a silence as she turned to look at another mare. She didn't seem to see Firebolt, or at least she didn't think that this mare saw her. She was in plain sight, looking needlessly wide-eyed.

Firebolt managed to return her face and voice to a neutral calm, though. She had to do that frequently, so she hopefully never once looked nervous to the mare.

"Hello?" ... "Ah, hello there. I take it you got one of these too?"

"Hello!"

Then two other voices filled her ears. It was obvious now she was hidden. Whether the other ponies had heard her gasp from before was another idea. It was much funner to make a grand entrance instead of a... boring one, after all.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Peachy Keen tentatively walked towards the castle, still in shock over the contents of her letter. For what reason would the royals request the assistance of her? Peachy Keen knew nothing about defending a kingdom, or the Elements of Harmony, or anything mentioned in the summons she had received. The mare's head was filled with questions, and she wanted them answered, so she decided to follow the summons, hoping to in some way help other ponies and to answer her questions, to an extent. She pulled out her letter one last time, to make sure that it wasn't all just a dream. But, alas, it was all too real.

Dear Peachy Keen,

Pony hooves had obviously never touched the letter, at least not until Peachy Keen took it out of its envelope, and whoever had printed it obviously thought that the information contained inside was of the utmost importance. A team of royal guards had delivered it, for Celestia's sake! And what was this about a journey? "What do they expect a pony like me to do?!" she exclaimed, much to the surprise of those around her. Peachy Keen ignored their judgmental gazes, instead lowering her head and plowing forward, towards the castle, visibly frustrated.

Soon enough, the royal garden entered Peachy Keen's line of sight. Good, she thought, now I'll finally get some answers!  The mare hastened her pace, to the point where she was almost running when she arrived at the gate. She flung it open and charged into the garden, then looked around, expecting answers. All around here were a variety of flora and fauna, as well as a rather pleasant courtyard area. Unsurprisingly, however, there were no well-dressed ponies waiting to answer all her questions. Instead, she saw someone who appeared to be an oddly-dressed royal guard, a rather confused-looking blue mare, and a winged white stallion. Only one of them, the armored unicorn, looked as if he might be in the employ of Celestia and Luna, so Peachy Keen approached him and introduced herself, not even contemplating the fact that a conversation may already have been happening between some number of them. "Hello, I'm Peachy Keen. I was summoned here through a letter delivered by a group of your fellow guards. Would you mind telling me what the hay is going on here?" asked the woman, attempting to sound as calm and collected as possible, though she knew that, if she hadn't been talking, she would've been hyperventilating at the thought of going on some arduous journey at the behest of royalty.

(Note- I'm aware that Scribeshield is not a guard. I just imagine that Peachy Keen would assume he is, due to the armor. Didn't want any misconceptions about this.)

Edited by LordLlamahat

(edited)

@@LordLlamahat,

(It's cool, it's supposed to be pieces of really old guard armor, so it's a pretty fair assumption anyway)

Turning to the newcomer, an Earth Mare who seemed more than a little nervous to be there, Scribe almost dropped his manners for a moment.

"I have..." He paused, remembering his matters - these WERE royal grounds after all. "Ahem, I mean, sorry, I'm as much in the dark as any of you, I just arrived." He extended a hoof politely. "Scribe Shield, um, at your service?"

He had never been great with manners or upper class society, but he thought that was the correct way to speak. Suddenly, he realized the likely cause for the pony approaching him specifically. 

"Oh! You must mean, no, no, no... I got one of those letters too." He explained hurriedly.

Edited by Cinderscribe

((Well I see I came in a tad bit late :P))

Anarchy barged through the royal garden doors. He looked at the other ponies with a defiant look on his face. "Alright everypony! Are you guys as ready as I am!" Anarchy might have come off as a bit rowdy. He was excited. No, ecstatic was the right word. He was so happy that Celestia had chosen him to be on a classified mission! He never thought that he would be chosen to help Equestria, due to people being untrustworthy towards him and his chaos magic. "My name's Anarchy! The most skilled chaos magician around! Or rather... the only one. Still makes me the most skilled!" He noticed the other ponies getting slightly annoyed. "Oh... hehe, sorry!" He gae the group a sheepish grin.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,@@LordLlamahat,  @Rainbowdash the fourth whose name is too long to actually mention, @,

((Imma go ahead and use a banner too))

Gardenia jumped, startled by the sudden voice of a stallion. She turned around to face him just in time for another voice to surprise her. She was going to respond to them, but before that yet a third pony joined up with her, this mare notably panicked and confused, taking the first stallion as a member of the royal guard. And then, just to compound that, a rowdy unicorn busted into the garden.

Gardenia let out a breath to calm herself, and said "So... I take it we are all here for the same reason, yes? Than I suppose I should introduce myself, I am Gardenia."

Edited by GaleFenrir

@((Rainbow Dash The Fourth... you can't be mentioned! D:)),  @@GaleFenrir@@@LordLlamahat@,

((And since everyone is here, and talking to each other, things that will prove great consequence! :D))

This was the perfect set up. Not only had she heard all the ponies on the opposite side of a thick bush's names, she knew that they were there due to the letter she had received. So, she had pretty much planned out all of this near perfectly. 

Firebolt wasn't the one for always thinking things through. For example, pretending to burn down an entire garden. While the key word in the sentence was pretending, making an entrance was something the mare had become quite good at. With a sudden surge in magical energy from her horn, the bush beside her lit up in fire. Then the roses beside it. Then soon the five other ponies were surrounded in the bright flames. None of it came even close to touching them, of course. The fire wasn't real fire, after all. It didn't give off any heat, smell, and certainly did not burn. Firebolt then looked over the bush, which was now flaming, slightly, still remaining quite hidden.

((For the record, this is literally one of the two spells Firebolt can do. So yea. It's not very useful... :L))

(edited)

img-1572072-1-scribebanner2s_by_cindersc

Scribe just stared as the hyperactive pony charged in, a little lost for words. It had been so quiet until what seemed like everypony and their family had started arriving at once. Still, there was yet to be any appearance from either princess or a representative - maybe this WAS all an elaborate joke after all?

"Can everypony just calm down for a minute?" He raised his voice slightly. "So that we can figure out what is..."

The nearby plants burst into flame.

'Oh, well, thats just fantastic!' He thought as he closed his eyes, willing a shield around the small group which had amassed. Magic really wasn't Scribes strong point - at that size it would barely have held against a strong wind, let alone a real fire. Thankfully the flames didn't seem to be causing any real effect. 

Not that he noticed - he hadn't even noticed the lack of smoke. Or heat. Or anything else.

"What in Celestias name is going on here?!" He shouted.

Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

@,@, @, @@LordLlamahat,  

Gardenia's eyes widened in shock and absolute terror. Her garden, burning! She let out an incredibly loud scream in her panic, and looked between the two unicorn stallions that had just joined her. Including the rowdy one, Anarchy.In fact, her gaze was transfixed upon Anarchy, "What... what did you do? Chaos magic, huh? Do things typically set themselves ablaze when you walk in?" Gardenia put a hoof to her mouth, but then lowered it to say, "I'm sorry! It's just... just..." Gardenia started hyperventilating, as tears started to well up in her eye. 

Edited by GaleFenrir

@@GaleFenrir,

'Well that didn't take long.'  Anarchy easily walked through the shield, his chaos magic counteracting the normal magic. "No I didn't do this. But I can probably get rid of it." The orange unicorn got as close as he could to the flame without getting burned, which happened to be right next to it. "It's not giving off any heat! Hmmm... I wonder..." To the horror of the other ponies, Anarchy jumped directly into it. His eyes and horn flashed pink, and the "fire" disappeared.

(edited)

Firebolt giggled in amusement at the ponies' reactions. They were what she had expected. Satisfying, too.

"Well that didn't take long.'  Anarchy easily walked through the shield, his chaos magic counteracting the normal magic. "No I didn't do this. But I can probably get rid of it." The orange unicorn got as close as he could to the flame without getting burned, which happened to be right next to it. "It's not giving off any heat! Hmmm... I wonder..." To the horror of the other ponies, Anarchy jumped directly into it. His eyes and horn flashed pink, and the "fire" disappeared.

But then it suddenly stopped. As if her own magic had been countered. But, she knew to play it cool. After all, she had meant to do this. It would be impossible to say anything else. So she fully peered over the hedge to see 4 absolutely terrified looking ponies. Now she couldn't help but laughing a bit louder. Between deep breaths she said "Oh... You should just see the looks on your faces!" She paused, realizing how rude she sounded. "Eh... You can't expect me to not make an entrance can you? But I do wonder how you..." She stopped, realizing another breathe quite close to her. She couldn't see the pony, or whatever it was, but had a feeling it was what cancelled her spell...

Edited by Firebolt

@,

Anarchy watched as Firebolt entered. "Buckin hay, that was awesome! What kind of spell is that!?" Anarchy had never seen anything like it. Was it possible that this mare was a chaos magician? "Was it... chaos magic?" He then realized how silly of him it was to think that, If it were chaos magic, he wouldn't have been able to counteract it so easily! 

@,

Anarchy watched as Firebolt entered. "Buckin hay, that was awesome! What kind of spell is that!?" Anarchy had never seen anything like it. Was it possible that this mare was a chaos magician? "Was it... chaos magic?" He then realized how silly of him it was to think that, If it were chaos magic, he wouldn't have been able to counteract it so easily! 

Firebolt turned to see a stallion of a - what looked like a - warm color. With a mane of a cool color. Much darker then his coat. The warmness and excitedness in his voice, though... It was quite surprising. But his questions confused her. What was  "chaos" magic? "Uhm... no?" She half asked, half stated. "And it's a synthesization spell. Replace the heat in fire with magic, and you get that. You still need oxygen though..." Firebolt's voice begun to fade. She was blatantly intimidated. 

(edited)

"Awesome?!" Scribe echoed, not able to believe what he was hearing - it was one thing to be impressed, but to congratulate somepony on terrifying others...?

"Are you ok?" He said turning to the others. He was initially concerned about the mare who had seemed a little jumpy earlier but also caught the mortified expression on Gardenias face. Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

@

"Yea I kind of realized it wasn't chaos magic as soon as I said it. I wouldn't have been able to counter it so easily if it were chaos magic." He gave the mare a grin, and noticed her intimidated look. "Hey are you okay? I guess you might not have been around when I said it. I use chaos magic, which counteracts regular magic fairly easily, and vise-versa. Ever heard of Discord? It's basically the type of maic that he uses. Anyway, what's your name?" He noticed he was a bit close to Firebolt and backed up awkwardly. Before she could answer, he looked over at Scribeshield. 

@

"Oh sorry... Scribe was it? I guess I just get excited at the sight of chaos." He gave the unicorn a sheepish smile, then looked back at Firebolt, waiting for an answer.

Edited by Fancy Ram

"Yea I kind of realized it wasn't chaos magic as soon as I said it. I wouldn't have been able to counter it so easily if it were chaos magic." He gave the mare a grin, and noticed her intimidated look. "Hey are you okay? I guess you might not have been around when I said it. I use chaos magic, which counteracts regular magic fairly easily, and vise-versa. Ever heard of Discord? It's basically the type of maic that he uses. Anyway, what's your name?" He noticed he was a bit close to Firebolt and backed up awkwardly. Before she could answer, he looked over at Scribeshield. 

"Oh sorry... Scribe was it? I guess I just get excited at the sight of chaos." He gave the unicorn a sheepish smile, then looked back at Firebolt, waiting for an answer.

Firebolt blinked. Hard. Okay, so she had really caused all this. But, she wasn't expecting to actually meet a skilled unicorn. It was rare. And he was talking about Discord. Who was on the letter, and sounded bad. This did nothing but to raise her worry towards this stallion. But, nonetheless... "I'm Firebolt..." She said, quietly.

@,

Anarchy thought hard about what was on the letter and his eyes grew wide. "O,h Discord! Oh I'm sorry I'm not, uh, affiliated with Discord I just, uh, I..." Anarchy was at a loss for words. He had screwed up, and now she thought he was a double agent or something. "I just learned it from a book is all. Firebolt? That's a cool name. My name's Anarchy, but you might have heard that since you were in the bushes and everything. Oh sorry I started rambling. I tend to do that a lot." For some reason, Anarchy felt awkward around this mare. He gave her a sheepish grin, again, and went to the rest of the group. 

@,@@GaleFenrir, @@LordLlamahat, @Rainbow Dash the IV 

"So when do ya think somepony's gonna come and give us some more info?"

"I don't know." Scribe looked back around at the two Unicorn's. "It's something about the Elements, I couldn't find out anything else, but if somepony doesn't come and let us know soon..." He trailed off.

He didn't trust the chaotic pony, not at all. He knew where he stood with Light and Dark magic, but chaos was a wildcard that he hadn't come up against before.

(I go and eat Lunch, and somehow you make all these posts? That's faster than the roleplays I'm accustomed to! ohmy.png)

The stallion, who looked a bit surprised at Peachy Keen's sudden arrival, muttered something, before quickly stopping himself and saying, "Ahem, I mean, sorry, I'm as much in the dark as any of you, I just arrived." The armored stallion extended his arm for a hoofshake, then introduced himself, saying, "Scribe Shield, um, at your service?" He looked out of his element, not used to formal introductions at all. If she weren't so anxious to know what was going on, Peachy Keen may have giggled at him. Suddenly, a look of realization dawned on his face, and he lowered his hoof. "Oh! You must mean, no, no, no... I got one of those letters too," said Scribe Shield, a bit rushed. Peachy Keen looked crestfallen, though she knew that something like this was likely to happen. It was probably all some elaborate prank, with letters sent to-

Suddenly, Peachy Keen's thoughts were cut short as a unicorn barged in and shouted something about readiness, startling the mare. She stifled a scream as she turned around and looked at the newcomer, who proceeded to shout out something about chaos magic, whatever that was, while introducing himself as Anarchy. He glanced at the others confusion and apologized. Peachy Keen was still too surprised to speak, however, so she just allowed the others to talk around her while she sorted herself out. The blue mare introduced herself as Gardenia, though this all went over Peachy Keen's head, as she was still dreadfully confused. Just as she organized her thoughts and prepared to speak once more, the trees around her ignited with green flame. Finally having had enough, Peachy Keen fainted.

Peachy Keen suddenly regained conscious thought, reflecting on the odd dream she had just had. She laughed at the absurdity of it just as her eyes came back into focus, revealing a hyperactive unicorn stallion shouting about chaos magic. It was not a dream. The mare unsteadily rose to her feet, noticing that a white mare had joined them in the garden. She looked a bit confused, though continued to lecture the stallion who had mentioned chaos on some kind of fire spell. At that point, Peachy Keen realized what had happened, and she wondered what the newcomers motivation behind all this was. Scribe said something that Peachy Keen didn't quite catch, then turned towards her and asked the group if they were all okay. The mare nodded, though said nothing, instead listening as the stallion, Anarchy, elaborated on the chaos magic he had been talking about earlier. He mentioned Discord. Peachy Keen knew Discord all too well. She had been passing through Ponyville when he took over, and the draconequus had tormented her just as he did everyone else. Anarchy apologized to the other stallion, Scribe Shield, for his excitement. The white mare looked a bit taken aback, but quickly composed herself and, rather quietly, said, "I'm Firebolt..."

Anarchy suddenly elaborated on his mention of Discord, claiming he was not associated with the spirit. Peachy Keen was still suspicious, but not overly so. "I just learned it from a book, is all," continued the stallion, hastily amending what he said earlier. He reiterated his introduction for the sake of the unicorn mare, mentioning something about her hiding in the bushes, and turned to Peachy Keen and the others. "So when do ya think somepony's gonna come and give us some more info?" he asked, somehow retaining his composure throughout all of this. Scribe Shield said something about the Elements of Harmony, and how he didn't know anything else. Peachy Keen shook her head, regaining that same composure that Anarchy had, and said, "I don't really know. I don't think any of us do. I'm Peachy Keen. Someone sent me a letter, telling me to come here. I assume you all got them, as well. Is... is it true, what the letter said? Are the Elements of Harmony really... missing? How are we supposed to pose a threat to Chrysalis and..." The mare shuddered, then continued, saying, "Discord, if we don't have them? I'm so confused..."

• Brohoof 1

@,@, @, @@LordLlamahat,  

Gardenia looked back and forth between the other ponies gathered, her tears slowly starting to recede upon seeing that the fire was more or less an illusion. She wanted to go up to the unicorn mare who had caused that awful panic, but she still felt a little weak in the knees from when the blood had all rushed to her face. Gardenia fell back on her haunches as she tried to regain composure. She had just witnessed the place where she has spent roughly a third of her life just burn up in flames. Even if it wasn't real fire, the sight of it alone had left an impact. She blinked when she realized the robust-seeming unicorn, Scribe, was looking at her expectantly.

"She... she didn't even say she was sorry... That was literally the most terrifying thing I have ever set my eyes upon, and she doesn't seem the slightest bit remorseful." Gardenia said, in a low hushed voice, hoping the only pony who heard her was Scribe.

(edited)

@@GaleFenrir

"It's ok, it's gone." Scribe answered in an equally low voice, motioning around the garden. "Let's find out what's going on, then I'll speak to her."

He held out a hoof to the dishevelled mare, concerned about the way she had almost fell.

"Can you stand?" He asked, glancing quickly back over to the two other spell casters again.

Under any other circumstance he would have lost his temper, but there were more important things at stake - he needed to know what was going on, and these two were as likely as any of them to have information. Edited by Cinderscribe

(edited)

"She... she didn't even say she was sorry... That was literally the most terrifying thing I have ever set my eyes upon, and she doesn't seem the slightest bit remorseful."

Firebolt had terrible eyesight. The first thing everypony who met her with romantic intent said was "You have beautiful eyes.". Always. Firebolt's eyes were... odd. They had been like that since she was born. Broken. But, at the same time it came with the benefit of absolutely stellar hearing. As much as Firebolt hated her eyes, she certainly thought hearing was more useful then seeing. Especially in this case. Even if it was just a whisper, Firebolt heard Gardenia clearly. She really wasn't one to always be the nicest. Though, as the local blacksmith - excluding her parents - that worked quite cheap, and sometimes did small jobs for free, some ponies regarded her as nice. Now was not one of the times she was really showing that side of herself. She didn't want to get on the bad side of everyone here. That would be quite bad, considering she would probably see them frequently. Why else were they all here for the same reason?

Instead of acting like she had heard what Gardenia said, though her ears had made a slight twitching motion in regret upon the soft sound. The mare seemed easily upset. Not good. Again, Firebolt was not one to want to make bad impressions, though she had already succeeded. So, now was the perfect time to... apologize. Not the mare's favorite pass time. "Oh! Sorry about earlier. I just like to make an entrance... not to mention everypony was ignoring me before..." She said to no one in particular, her voice fading, yet again.

Edited by Firebolt