Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something that made me love EqG even more

Tall_But_Short_37

First of all, I watched EqG for the first time today and loved. I am definitely one of the people on the positive side of it. I loved the message of breaking out of your cliques and finding the magic of friendship no matter where you are or who you're with.

But the scene that really connected with me on a deeply personal level was where Twilight is telling all of her friends that she's really a pony princess from an alternate world. To me, this drew a strong parallel to the experience that I've had, and that I imagine many others have had, with telling people that they're a brony.

Twilight hid the truth from her friends because she feared they wouldn't accept her because of it.
When she told them the truth, the complete opposite was true. They completely accepted her and it brought them even closer together.

I recently told my girlfriend I was a brony, and made a huge deal out of it because I thought she would be weirded out by it. But when I told her, she actually laughed because she didn't understand at all why I was ashamed of it! I've really opened up about it since then, and nothing bad has happened because I did!

The moral that I can pass onto pretty much everyone, especially so called "closet bronies," is that you should never be afraid to be yourself, and your true friends will always love you no matter who you are. I absolutely loved that EqG showed that scenario and exemplified that fact through Twilight's struggles!

• Brohoof 14

That is a great point. :) I loved the movie as well. I absolutely adore it. It had it's flaws yes, but they were pretty much what I had expected. This scene in particular, was one of those flaws actually. It just went by way too fast. I still enjoyed it of course, it still made me laugh, it just happened a bit too quickly. I never thought about it this way though and that makes me view the scene in a much better light. I never looked at it in a bad light of course, it just wasn't one of my favorite scenes. Thanks to you, it might be one of them now. yay.png

That makes me happy to see others enjoying the movie as much as I did and actually having a positive attitude. That seems to becoming a bit of a rare thing in the fandom now, which is really sad. Still, I happy to see this positive attitude. laugh.png  /)

• Brohoof 3

that's actually very inspiring (if that's spelled correctly..) i'm still pretty much of a closet brony. but eventough you make a very nice example here and all of that, i still don't think i'm going to open up anytime soon. things around here in holland are kind of diffrent. i mean, the show doesn't even air around here, how am i going to convince people i'm not a lunatic? 

• Brohoof 1

You've made my new favourite movie become deep and meaningful shame.I get you're point but then again,I would prefere to think the lesson was If you see a statue in the middle of a garden run through it head first and who knows you may become a Pony in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Its good to see other people that loved the movie as well. And as for that seen it does make a great point. You shouldn't be afraid to tell your friends things even if you think they will be weirded out by it. In other words don't be afraid to be yourself. I'm glad that your girlfriend didn't mind you were a brony good thing you got that out of the way.

• Brohoof 2

I enjoyed Equestria Girls also.   I knew it would be good and entertaining.  The only thing I didn't like really were the character designs and I thought some parts of the movie felt rushed.  Other than that the movie was a pleasure to see.  I agree it did have a really strong message and it was true to the MLP FiM. 

And pardon my French but you can't possibly tell me that song they sang in the cafeteria wasn't fucking catchy.

• Brohoof 1

I really loved this movie. It was hilarious, adorable, and epic. I could watch it over and over again! That cafeteria song? I'm obsessed with it! I love this song it's so awesome! :D

I agree, it sent a strong message to us. I haven't realized until you brought it up. EQG has become my new favorite movie :)

• Brohoof 1

I actually spotted a LOT of parallels from the movie that had to do with being a Brony in general (whether or not it was intended) and OP's example is one of them. How about the part in the library where the CMC are on Youtube and they're looking through comments and run into trolls?

Eh?

EH?!

But it looks like this movie was a load better than I thought it was going to be originally, yet there are some who will still nitpick and try to see that the movie was 'omg terrible'; I even have now seen someone say "Human Luna's voice is so wrong" because they didn't know (or are actively trying to tell themself) it's the SAME VOICE AS BEFORE.

• Brohoof 1

I agree completely! Equestria Girls is like the best movie ever! I also love how it sort of opened up the topic of Twilight being a Princess so that in Season 4 she won't have to adjust AS much. And I am addicted to the cafeteria song!!!!!!!!!! 

The moral that I can pass onto pretty much everyone, especially so called "closet bronies," is that you should never be afraid to be yourself, and your true friends will always love you no matter who you are.

Wow, someone should make a regular episode about that, maybe we can get Trixie in...

Seriously though, this message has beeen done a hundred times before.

Dear god i need to see this movie, if not for the movie itself but only that one scene. My whole life I've had problems telling people things about myself and ever since i became a brony I've gained so much confidence in being who i am.

@@Tall_But_Short_37,

Thank you very much for bringing this to my attention, you have my thanks.