Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you like a sequel for Equestria Girls?

Sir.Flutter Hooves

Sequel for Equestria Girls, Yea or Neigh.  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Would you like a sequel for Equestria Girls?

• Yes! It's an awesome movie!
    • No, I think ones enough.

It was interesting as a stand-alone, one-time thing, but I would much rather have a My Little Pony movie with, you know, ponies.

In the world of ponies, you know.

Eh, I'd rather get an MLP movie with ponies in it. Don't get me wrong, I liked Equestria Girls, but I don't think another one is necessary. To me, an EQG 2 would be like getting a Toy Story 4.

This is exactly how I feel. I would much rather have a movie with ponies, and some sort of adventure or something! Also I am not a big fan of the whole ponies becoming humans idea

I haven't seen it yet, so I won't answer the poll, but a sequel might be good.

One question - what would it be about?

I think, maybe, Twilight's human counterpart comes to Canterlot High thirty moons after the portal closes. Maybe, the Mane 6's human counterparts think it's really the pony Twilight, coming back through the portal, and she gets confused, or perhaps Sunset Shimmer, in a desperate act of revenge, pushes her through the portal.

Maybe Twilight comes back to see her friends, to find that they graduated or something... and she'd have to face a job or something.

I don't really know. I should see the first movie!

Equestria girls wasn't horrible at all. For me, it was a 7 out of 10. The animation was awesome, the jokes were funny, a lot of brony references and great song, but too poppy for my taste. Not to mention the film had to many plot holes.

One film is enough for me.

I think Equestria Girls should have been a 3 part special rather than 'the move'. When I wanted an MLP film, I wanted it to focus on the ponies and going on an adventure like they did in the specials. Equestria Girls is fine for what it is, but it didn't feel like MLP to me at some parts.

Had the film been something about ponies on an adventure, the entire fandom would have gotten excited rather than half the fan base being neutral while the other half being meh about it.

As much as I loved the movie, I don't think a sequel is necessary. The first movie already had some... issues (even though I loved it). I honestly think they should just stick with FIM. :3 

Agreed, this movie doesn't need a sequel to try and cover quite a few plot holes. I liked the movie as a whole only because it was a guilty pleasure to see the mane 6 in human forms. Apart from that, a sequel to this story would raise more questions than answers at this point.

If anything this movie would make a good prequel, showing more of Sunset's obsession with the mirror and her fall from grace. Her travels through the portal would help establish this movie better and explain a whole lot more. The only downside would be that it wouldn't be following Twilight Sparkle's story, which would make this a spin-off....

(edited)

the short answer: no

the long answer: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

the movie wasn't anywhere near as good as the show and doesn't deserve a sequel. i'd rather watch an ACTUAL MLP:FIM movie than another stupid spinoff.

Edited by zerosonicdrive
  • Brohoof 2

Telling by how sub-par, rushed, and more of a money making scheme the first movie was, I wouldn't want a sequel of the same quality to be made. If the first movie had been better, I would say yes, but since the first movie left little good things to work off of, I would rather not want one.

• Brohoof 1

No I do not feel there is a need for a sequel to Equestria Girls. I would not like to see a sequel, although I did enjoy the movie a lot. I just don't think it would be right to make a sequel.

I would like to a full on pony movie though I think that would be cool. Especially if they can write a good story that explains some of the fandom's questions about Equestria.

I'd rather a spinoff episodic series, personally. And instead of highlighting the similarities like EG mostly did, highlight the differences to the pony versions. And instead of having Twilight be the main character, have Sunset Shimmer be the main character and her struggles to change after the end of EG. And maybe you see a slow, but steady, change throughout the series.

How can i say it?

Never, not even in one millions years, absolutely not, forget it, take it down from your mind, nothing, negative, nah, nope and my favorite, the man falling in the pit "NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo" PUFF.

Jokes aside, i hope that if they're gonna make another "Movie" they should try to make something that is not MLP "Let's make it a uber clichè high school stuff".

A sequel for Equestria Girls would be even more stupid than the original.

I liked Equestria Girls, but if it got any sort of continuation, I'd rather it be just a one-off mini series or something.
I like the world of EG, but I'm not sure if it really deserves another movie.
That and I'd rather see an MLP movie with the ponies we all know and love going on an epic adventure like they do in the show.

I think its more likely that EQG would get its own Spin-off....  Rather than a sequel....With Sunset Shimmer as the main character, and her misadventure about learning to be a nice girl.. instead of the - scuse my language - super demonic bitch she was in EQG.

I actually liked the movie but I think if they make another MLP FiM movie I'd prefer it to be based around Ponies. With all of the fantasy elements of Equestria they could make an excellent story with over an hour to make a storyline.

Hmmmmmmmmm............. nah! The movie worked great as a stand alone, but I believe that neither a spin off television program nor a sequel would do the movie gratitude.

Though I rather did enjoy Equestria Girls, I cannot really see a sequel to compliment it (though I am sure it could be done) and I saw it as a stand-alone feature.  If nothing else, I wish they would have made the movie a little longer.

If there truly is any thought of continuing Equestria Girls in anyway, it would be better told through other methods, such as comics, a spin-off series and other such ideas that are more akin to the 'slice-of-life' formula that FiM has.  

In my opinion, the movie was great.

But, a sequel?

First off, I want to say that I'm not trying to hate, I'm just setting my opinion out there.

Honestly, even if there was a sequel, what would it be like? There were no obvious points to continue on, as far as I could see.

But! I do think that the series will continue off this. (Because, you know, this is canon and all, right?)

Well, if they made a sequel as good as the first, I'd be happy to have another one! Overall though, I would prefer a pony movie, as a feature length film of the show would be more to my liking!

(edited)

Fuck no.
I barely watched it as it was, it wasn't even that good.

Besides, I don't think the fandom can take another hit. We need sometime to get back on our feet.

Edited by Ashley
  • Brohoof 1