Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About last year...

DITR

At this point everyone and their mother knows about what happened at Everfree Northwest. My question is, do you think it will happen again? Yes there are a lot sources saying it wasn't like that but I've also heard the opposite argument. Since I can't go there, what do you guys think will happen this year?

I have no idea what happened there and I don't really think I want to. I rarely hear anything positive about the cons in this fandom. Whatever this is, spaghetticon, that one that apparently ended up being a scam, etc... I'm glad I don't go to any of these

As far as I'm aware, there was only one incident at Everfree Northwest that didn't turn out to be a hoax. Which ones are you referring to?

All conventions have incidents, however, no matter which fandom it is. If you want to hear real horror stories, talk to people who go to Anime conventions. They tend to be worse than Furry conventions.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Wait... what exactly are you talking about? What happened at Ever free Northwest? Can I receive one of these sources or an article?

I found this article..:  http://www.dailydot.com/society/everfree-northwest-harassment-tumblr-bronies/

Not sure how legit it is, but here you go. If it is legit, then this would be a reason for me to kind of stay away from the cons. I mean I don't want to get into it because RD isn't one of my favorites, or because someone doesn't think Fluttershy is best pony. Its a fine line to walk between devout brony, and rabid fan. It's a line we all must walk, and handle it like we always do.

As far as I'm aware, there was only one incident at Everfree Northwest that didn't turn out to be a hoax. Which ones are you referring to?

All conventions have incidents, however, no matter which fandom it is. If you want to hear real horror stories, talk to people who go to Anime conventions. They tend to be worse than Furry conventions.

When my wife and I went to our first furmeet, one of the people we met there was talking about one of the furry cons. Apparently, a recent furry con, had its first official, unofficial *ahem* group adult only activity. Not sure how legit the info was, and I really don't want to dig too much into it, for obvious reason...but yeah..Just seeing and hearing about how fans react at these cons amazes, and frightens me at the same time.

Oh look I found a thread about Everfree NW here in the forums:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/29955-everfree-northwest-controversy/

Edited by Cal Stonehoof

This makes me a bit more nervous about ever going to a con, now. I don't know how much of these stories are true, and I know that even if some of them are true, the majority of bronies are still good people. What bothers me is a conversation people were having in the comments of an article about how people may be using the "Love and tolerate" motto (is that even still in practice?) to defend their own heinous actions. Ugh.

Eh, if your talking about the article Stonehoof posted, then I suppose its possible for some little things like that to happen. But hopefully it won't be that way and people will be mature enough.

Its always possible, but I don't think it'll be that bad and you probably wouldn't even get into a fight like that if you just don't argue with anyone really.

I do hope all the cons are successful and have everypony doing what they should be, loving each other for who they are, and accepting each others differences.

But I guess thats a hard wish to fulfill in a non perfect world. Doesn't stop me from hoping for it.

I'm personally not going to any cons this year, but not because of this, simply because I don't have any money anyways for it, and I'm a closet brony so it doesn't matter.

Good luck to those who do.

This reminded me of a Furry Con I attended last year. The hotel the con was being hosted at, was also host of a DJ convention of some sort. onthe last night of the Furry con, one of the attendees at the DJ con assaulted one of the Furry con goers, andstole the tail he was wearing....he ranoutside with his buddies to their car.but a Furry con staff member chased them down to get the tail back and call the police....the DJ con goers in the car ran him over. He was able to get up, but he was sent to hospital shortly after.

• Brohoof 1

Hahaha. This story/article/legend/creepypasta is dripping with WTF.

So...someone got choked by someone else...and that's the story? If so, this is nothing special. Random acts of violence occur at almost all venues at some point, whether it be a baseball game, a big birthday party, most anywhere, with obviously some more than others. This alleged incident should not frighten someone out of going to a con. Just stay out of trouble and it's all good. If you do get into trouble...pretend you're Applejack and they are a tree full of nice, ripe apples. wink.png

• Brohoof 1