Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unusual interests that embarrass you?

Midnight Dragon

Are you interested in anything weird that you're rather embarrassed to share, due to how people might react?

I guess this could include things like younger kid shows, but I was thinking more along the lines of like...things I personally like to see in fiction that I'm embarrassed to share...

...like mpreg. I like hetero mpreg (which there isn't much of). I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with the concept of the father having the baby instead of the mother...I'm rather embarrassed to share this most of the time though. (Sadly, I don't know anyone else who shares this interest...)

Also, ever since I was a little kid, I've been into vore. For some reason I always enjoyed imagining myself being eaten. And even now, I still enjoy it. I don't get why that is though...but it's, again, awkward to share...

So, um, as if this post wasn't awkward enough...what are really odd things you like that you're embarrassed about? :lol:

I find it hard to be embarrassed of anything considering most people here aren't afraid to hide the fact that they enjoy a show about talking ponies that go on magical adventures.

Just sayan.

• Brohoof 17

I wouldn't consider this sexual, since I'm asexual, but I've always enjoyed the thought of being ridiculously tiny or giant. Neat to think about how different of a perspective you can get from being either the size of a ant or a house. It would certainly be interesting to me to live life at a tiny height, one cup of coffee could keep me going for days I'd bet.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I feel like these interests will turn into an unusual fetish thread. (Then again, aren't all fetishes unusual?) Anyway, yeah. Obviously this show is one of them. I also enjoy crossdressing.

Edited by Nagisa Misumi

I don't really have something that embarrass me. The problem is more along the lines of our society being full of idiotic jerks who you treat you like a monster from outer space if you deviate slightly from the "norm".

Yaoi and Yuri

I like fluff though, not any of that hardcore stuff. (hentai). Yuri is so freaking adorable, and Yaoi is really sexy and in a huge way makes me squeal like a fan girl!! >w<

• Brohoof 3

None, I like what I like and if people don't like that than that is their problem not mine. Sure there are some more ahem private interests I have but I decide not to divulge those for the most part not due to any embarrassment or fear of judgment but because certain things are just nobody's business.

• Brohoof 3

Sort of.

It's not so much of a matter of being afraid of what others think or whatever, but rather, I dislike sharing my true interests with others (in real life, this is), because I simply get embarrassed over them knowing what I like.

Anime, for example. I hold nothing against myself for watching it; it's not even weird, but I become extremely embarrassed when someone brings up, say, my phone wallpaper or something, if they happen to see it (usually, I take measures to avoid them seeing it at all costs).

I don't quite understand it 100%.

• Brohoof 3

Are you interested in anything weird that you're rather embarrassed to share, due to how people might react?

I guess this could include things like younger kid shows, but I was thinking more along the lines of like...things I personally like to see in fiction that I'm embarrassed to share...

...like mpreg. I like hetero mpreg (which there isn't much of). I don't know why, but I'm kind of obsessed with the concept of the father having the baby instead of the mother...I'm rather embarrassed to share this most of the time though. (Sadly, I don't know anyone else who shares this interest...)

Also, ever since I was a little kid, I've been into vore. For some reason I always enjoyed imagining myself being eaten. And even now, I still enjoy it. I don't get why that is though...but it's, again, awkward to share...

So, um, as if this post wasn't awkward enough...what are really odd things you like that you're embarrassed about? laugh.png

You might wanna PM Wuvable Woona, he's into vore too, you two could get a conversation going :3

Anywhoo...hmm...well...I'm kinda interested in muscle movements, well really the reflexes that happen because of them. Sometimes when I'm sitting down I'll start hitting my knee to trigger my reflexes.Lots of times I massage my dog because her muscles contract and stuff when you rub her in certain spots, but she likes it though laugh.png

• Brohoof 2

I feel much the same as Sugar Plum. Even talking about the most innocuous or important (or both) interests, like say my interest in alternate history and history in general is somewhat embarrassing, and I prefer not to reveal very much about my interests to other people, even close friends and relatives.

It seems a little peculiar, but not very with the sorts of people I spend any degree of time with (mostly my coworkers); heck, I didn't even know one of my coworkers was married with children until I overheard him talking about it on the phone! Compared to that, pretty much everything else seems pretty minor.

Nothing that I would really discuss in public, only because there is not much of a point in doing so. Beyond that, no. Maybe at first I was a little self conscious about exploring my more feminine nature but that worry has passed. I have many different obsessions, some really uncommon I guess but it doesn't bother me if other people know those.

Well, not going to lie when I say this, but anime...

Reason why? 

In my school days of mostly late middle school and all of high school, it was rough if you wanted to be cool. I live through a time where you will get picked on depending on what you like, so naturally, I never watched anime based on what others were making fun of.

But anime, is a strange interest, why strange? Well, first, most anime's have that traditional facial expressions when either talking or doing something like shouting and giving weird faces when mad.

Also, anime is a crazy thing that goes around when there are fans who go nuts over it.

But in the end, I consider anime my unusual interest. 

• Brohoof 1

I've got nothing to be embarrassed about. I don't feel embarrassment too much these days. 

If I like something that's considered "weird", I'll usually flaunt it about, even if people look down upon me because so. If people aren't willing to accept me for who I am, I honestly don't care too much about their existence.

• Brohoof 1

I have a few unusual interests, but I don't think I'm going to share them as I don't really like to share a few of my interests.

I know I shouldn't care too much about what others think, but oh well. 

As far as interests that embarrass me, I have none. If we are talking about interests that would be considered weird to discuss in public, I've got plenty. On the top of that list would be that I'm a voraphile. I'd tell that to anyone if they asked me, but I'm not going to go rub it into any of my friends faces.

I'm into yaoi and yuri fan art of non-human characters, but am not really into yaoi and yuri that features humans for some reason.  Anthro characters are generally fine though.  Some pictures involving humans are OK, but for the most part they aren't my thing.  When the subjects are human it feels more awkward to look at.  In a way it doesn't feel too different to staring at people making out or feeling each other up in public.  I'd rather give them their space and not pay attention to it.  However, non-human characters makes it fine for me, maybe cause some of the humanity is taken out.

That being said, I think yaoi and yuri, especially in MLP fanart, is really sweet.  To me, many of the pairings come across as friends who care about each other more than usual and wanna have deeper relationships, or just show their friend how much they care.  I prefer light stuff, but some not so light stuff is OK as long as its tastefully done.

I also kinda like furries.  They may seem slightly odd (no offence), but some of the fur suits are amazing and when they dress (suit?) up, its the closest thing to a cartoon character in real life you can get.  I saw a picture of someone fursuiting as Rainbow Dash, and I won't lie, if I ever ran into this person, I wouldn't hesitate to get a hug.

It definitely feels awkward admitting to these things blush.png .

• Brohoof 2

I like a lot of things that others might find odd, from My Little Pony all the way to my interest in women and lack of interest in men (tons of homophobes out there), but I'm not really embarrassed by any of my interests and will proudly share and support them.

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, none of my weird interests embarrass me. I've always been the 'well fuck you too' sort of person. I'm not 'in your face' about my interests, but if someone brings them up, I'll talk. If they have a problem, well... when it comes to giving fucks, I'm not very charitable. 

• Brohoof 1

I think everyone has 'interests' that could be embarrassing.

I am a macrophile. Not too embarrassed about it; I've brought it up with people before, reluctantly. It's hard to explain to people who don't take conversations like that seriously, but I've had serious discussions with people where we've exchanged personal things. I am also a vorephile, common thing for macrophiles to have, but I'm not into it very often. Other people here have mentioned vorephilia too. Though I'm not like most macrophiles, it's a shame. I'd never consider myself part of a fantasy, and I like F/M gentle interactions best. I think that last sentence was the most awkward to type, honestly. 

Here I'm sitting, half in awe that this forum is so open, and half wondering what I'm doing posting on this thread.

__

On an unrelated note, I'm not into ponies, but Octavia is very pretty. That's not something I'd normally easily admit.

• Brohoof 1

I really wouldn't say it embarrasses me but, I absolutely love to cross-dress. Dressing up and acting as the opposite gender has always been fun, it brings a sense of security too. I also really like furries and fursuits. I think just the whole different identity is what the interest is.

I really wouldn't say it embarrasses me but, I absolutely love to cross-dress. Dressing up and acting as the opposite gender has always been fun, it brings a sense of security too. I also really like furries and fursuits. I think just the whole different identity is what the interest is.

That Avatar is the embodiment of adorableness. They really need to make one for all ponies :3

I think I'll go watch that video again *starts singing PFUDON*

I am embarrassed by almost every interest I have, to be honest. It seems like for some reason I always end up liking the stuff that will give me the worst reputation.

I like cute things, which goes hand in hand with MLP, which I do also have a degree of embarrassment towards liking (despite the fact I wear merch in public). I am into anime, which also embarrasses me. Apart from that, I am very interested in Japan, and once entertained the idea of emigrating (until it became clear to me that it was infeasible), and this embarrasses me to a huge degree because of the stigma attached to it. I cringe whenever anyone brings it up and quickly change the subject.

I am embarrassed by my drawings, and I only share them online (where nobody knows me personally) or with my very closest friends, and even then it's difficult for me. A lot of friends always try to see them and I do whatever I can to keep them away.

Friends often try to tell me "you shouldn't be embarrassed of who you are" and whatnot, and yes they do have a point, and I'd love to not be ashamed of myself, but I can't, so I wish people'd just let me feel the way I feel.

I wound up venturing down the odd road of the Furry Fandom and, perhaps more regrettably, I apparently became a (And yes a few of you may freak at this) Clopper. Before you say anything, I don't have any clue whatsoever as to how I ended up in these weird fetishes. I have no control of what I'm attracted to, and I guess some part of me was like "Well this is rather... interesting... >:D" and the rest was pretty much downhill from there. I've consulted my friends on this and they agreed with me that this was pretty odd, but they didn't judge because they themselves were members of some off-the-wall fanfics.

Ok feel free to put the hammer down on my insanity now ^w^

• Brohoof 2