Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Okay guys: ...Aliens.

UnitP0N13

(edited)

9cef162d_history-channel-alien-guy-meme-

...it's going to suck isn't it?

Our first encounter? Honestly, humanity has a really bad habit of demonizing whatever it doesn't understand, then beating the crap out of it with a sack of potatoes mixed with bricks. I mean heck, some people don't understand why we like ponies, and make us out to be pedophiles and lowlifes.

Heck, our mere existence makes us a ticking time bomb, and the cynical part of me wishes humanity to burn for the better of the universe, the intuitive part of me reminds me that if a race so god awful as us exists, there could be a race that is far more greedy and prone to violence than us. We might not even survive the first encounter, especially if they happen to be anything religious and technologically advanced on the level of the Covenant.

Edited by UnitP0N13

Kinda true really. I always figure that whatever is out there, doesn't matter to me cause I'll never see it. But the possibility of something in all the odds does exist. and the possibility that it is farther advanced and capable of traveling also exists. It took us on a planet 4 billion, out of the time that the universe has existed... There could be generations of societies that have risen and fallen really. exciting....

I always wonder what the official government reaction would be to something alien coming to our world.  Would it go as it is so often depicted in movies - with the amazing new intelligent life form immediately captured, locked away, and made into an unwilling subject of experimentation?

I love aliens. I also have high hope that there's a secret government base, holding aliens,either to protect them, learn from them or reverse engineer their technology. Soin my theory, they're already here. Some may look jsut like us, some amy be totally differnet looking. But I don't doubt that there is a planet/species/society out there that's light years ahead of our time.

I mean, in the past 100 years on earth, we've invented quite a bit, andthat's only 100 years out of how many thousands we've been on earth?

There are aliens. To assume we are the only planet in the entire universe to be able to sustain life is stupid.

However, a less stupid claim would be assuming there's no other intelligent life out there, which is what most people assume aliens are all about.

The chances of life being out there are not slim, I would assume, based off my own knowledge. The chances of that life being intelligent are rather slim. The chances of them being alive during our time is even slimmer. The universe is not a baby. It's old. To assume life would be sustainable for millions upon millions of years is stupid. Suns only last a few million years, so keep that in mind. This means the planet in question holding the aliens would lose it's normal orbit, and things would just snowball from there, regardless of the fact that not all creatures need sunlight to live.

Not only this, but the chances of them even being relatively close to us is even more absurd of a declaration. The observable universe has a radius of 14.7 billion light years. Do you realise how large of a sphere that would make? To assume they're close enough to make contact is just stupid. Even if they were just a few hundred light years away, do you know how long it would take them to get here? I'm assuming they're not traveling at the speed of light, simply because physics, so imagine how long it would take them. And why would they even try to begin with? What would their motive be? If they have technology and/or biological composure that's at an adequate level to even give them the possibility to make such a journey, what, on Earth (get it? it's a joke), would they need to go to other planets for? Any species that is smart enough to advance that much is not going to just take a ride out in their spaceship for thousands of years just the hell of it.

Basically, I'll just sum things up:

Any intelligent alien lifeforms are either too far away, have gone through their entire life cycle as a species and died, already (or haven't begun, yet, for that matter), or have no reason and/or ability to travel to our planet.

To even talk about making contact with aliens is pointless. The chances are so slim that it's just not deserving of being considered plausible.

• Brohoof 1