Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Defense Against an Alien Attack?

Sky Cutter

What do you think is the best defense against an alien attack on earth?

I think it's B-17's

but if that happens let's go with this scenario:

Secretary of Defense: Mr. President! the aliens are about to destroy the entire planet.

President: Release the internet

Secretary of Defense: *le gasp* are you sure that is necessary?

President: it is with a heavy heart that I believe it is

Secretary of Defense: Sir there must be ano-

President: THERE IS NO OTHER WAY! give them a warning, and if they do not retreat...

Secretary of Defense: *with regret* yes sir.

--on the alien ship the ADIC (alien dude-in-charge) sees the message system has a face time chat alert--

ADIC: *opens face time chat session with president* have you accepted defeat?

President: please, go home, go to your planet, while you still can, don't make me commit an unforgivable act

ADIC: ha ha ha, you are weak, your weapons useless, surrender and we shall only kill half of you and enslave the rest

President: *begging* please, I don't want to do this, please leave while you still have your innocence

ADIC: fool *cuts off communication*

President: please, forgive me *pushes button*

--then all the aliens died after prolonged exposure to youtube, twitter, facebook, memebase and 4chan. their ships exploded because somealien clicked a link for a free iPad and anonymous got into their systems--

• Brohoof 5

Maybe send out some F16s and send some missiles to destroy any fleet of ships that the aliens would send down to Earth, to at least try to keep them at bay.

Also:

• Intelligence
  • Patio doors covered with wood
  • Tin foil hats
Edited by Scootalove
  • Brohoof 2

Several countries are collaborating on a laser that would use up 100,000 times more powe than we have on this earth. It can only run for about .93 trillioniths of a second, but maybe if we had something like that on a larger scale, we could burn them all up. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Tin foil hats are the solution.

tin-foil-hats.jpg

When it comes to weapons, no weapons would come close to theirs. So I guess we should just send of all the nukes of the world to show them we got something but other then that we wouldn't be able to fight them for long. Tin foil hats and underground vaults would be the best defense.

• Brohoof 1

Above all, the best defense would be courage. The more afraid we are of someone trying to hurt us, the more power they have over us. 

That being said, the best physical defense against an alien attack could vary wildly depending on how advanced the extraterrestrial race was. If they were at or near our level of technology, we would most likely use weapons we already use in war. I would not be surprised if the government had secret weapons that they could use if necessary, as well. However, if the alien civilization is sufficiently advanced, the most powerful of our weapons would be useless.

However, I hope this will never happen. If an alien race comes to earth, I hope our interaction will be a peaceful and mutually beneficial one. Additionally, I hope that world leaders will be willing to be open minded about extraterrestrials and not automatically become hostile if they attempt to make themselves known to us.

• Brohoof 5

By definition, an alien attack is alien. It means we don't know what it would be like.

1alien adjective \ˈā-lē-ən, ˈāl-yən\

: not familiar or like other things you have known : different from what you are used to

So, how can you say that it would be best to prepare for an attack that is completely foreign to you? How can you prepare for something that you have never seen before and have no understanding of?

A true alien attack would be the most unpredictable thing any of us could ever imagine. It would be more strange and more unconventional than we are even capable of imagining.

Edited by Regulus

By definition, an alien attack is alien. It means we don't know what it would be like.

So, how can you say that it would be best to prepare for an attack that is completely foreign to you? How can you prepare for something that you have never seen before and have no understanding of?

A true alien attack would be the most unpredictable thing any of us could ever imagine. It would be more strange and more unconventional than we are even capable of imagining.

you can't really be prepared, you can just prepare for what you can and hope for the best... or have a bat-utility belt

post-19189-0-98978900-1392582120_thumb.jpg

I'm going to give a serious answer to this. the best and final line of defense that we have is our own demise. during world war two the Japanese didn't have enough fuel for their airplanes so the bombarded American vessels with them. When the Russians were invaded by the Germans, they tore up their railways and destroyed their own crops, making sure that the enemy would have no means to resupply. If aliens were to invade earth, they would do so for resources. if we take away those resources, the enemy will leave or suffer immensely. if we through everything we had at them it would either send a wounding message of we will do anything for you to achieve nothing. this implies though, that we destroy ourselves and the planet, making this an extreme action to take, that would only make sense if they were going to kill us all anyway, or that it really was the end of mankind.

If we haven't come to the conclusion that there is no way in hell that we would survive this war, then we simply go on the offensive rather than the defensive. that way we force them to turn around or be destroyed along side us.

Who want's a dead planet?

• Brohoof 1

Find the secret portal to the world of Equestria, bam!  Problem solved.

tumblr_m2zod5QcUi1qmo3obo1_500.gif

Nuff said  B) 

Or, get a bunch the worlds smartest scientists in a secret organization to create disguising feature that will be completely identical to the aliens, get highly trained special ops to use the disguise and infiltrate their mothership. Find and kill the leader. 

Copy and kill the leader's identity and speak in their alien language to halt the attack. Problem solved.  :lol: 

Edited by #Rainbow_Danger_Dash

There is no defense. We have enough scientific evidence to prove that there is no sentient life on any of the planets in our solar system. Therefore, any invading aliens would have to come from another star system. Any species that has advanced technologically to the point where they can cross interstellar distances for purposes of conquest or destruction would be so far out of our league that we might as well be ants. If they can travel between stars, then they would almost certainly be capable of:

1. Subduing our military and the military of every other country on Earth, within hours

2. Remotely disabling any defense systems we have operating

3. Generating an EMP powerful enough to render any electronics on the planet useless

4. Scouring the surface of the planet with weapons and killing everyone 

5. Targeting the population of Earth with poison, whether through gassing or cloud-seeding, with a specially designed poison that is fatal to us and not them

The list goes on. Whether they want us (as slave labor) or the planet (for resources), any species advanced to the point of efficient, mass space travel would take our world in a day or two, if not hours. If they transport us away from our planet to theirs, for labor, we could conceivably stage a rebellion after several years of acclimation to their technology and habits, but a race that advanced would likely have no need for slave labor, due to technological means of production and maintenance. In short, if they invade, it will be to kill us all and harvest the resources from the planet itself.

Jeff Goldblum obviously.

Joking aside, the scortched earth approach would work. Maybe we could weaponize a few particle accelerators. However, I'd argue that aliens willing to attack a planet for resources when that planet is surrounded by asteroids, other uninhabited planets and the entirety of the keiper belt a.k.a. easypickings are pretty frickin' dumb. Maybe our standard armaments would be enough.

Now, if this invasion was for political reasons, then we'd probably have the technology to deal with it.

Edit: Yeah, I can't read. Carry on.

Edited by A Blithering Div

We would notice any large body approaching the planet, and if it was deemed hostile then we would release the nuclear weapons.

Our governments would rather sacrifice land to radiation then the planet to aliens!