Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Fan-Fiction Request

Oh Akatosh why

(edited)

Two days ago I was strolling down the street (AKA know your meme) when i came across this little gem of an image.

570.png my first thought was: that would make a really good episode, it would breach the subject of bullying thus giving a good moral, and it would make for a good explanation for why he wanted to join the guards.

My second thought was they would never make an episode like that. 

Thus the internet was contacted.

In all seriousness though, I would love to see a fanfic of this and I don't think this has been done before and apparently some author's are out of ideas.

Preemptive nuclear thanks.

DoctorWhoAreYouVian(42)

Edited by DoctorWhoAreYouvian

oh man this is amazing! 

i would really write one about this. problem is it would take a (small) while before it's finished.

i'm already working on 2 other fic's at the moment. but i think i can drop one and do this one as some kind of 'side project' :3

(edited)

oh man this is amazing! 

i would really write one about this. problem is it would take a (small) while before it's finished.

i'm already working on 2 other fic's at the moment. but i think i can drop one and do this one as some kind of 'side project' :3

I really don't care how long this would take but first I would like to see if there are any other authors who aren't currently in the middle of other project's as I don't want you to be over loaded. If not i'll PM you.

Well I've got a plotline: Shining Armour had a tough childhood because his parents drank and fought, and he was jealous of his sister Twilight. He once hurt him self, causing a horn deformity. He has to live through a tough childhood.

That idea doesn't really fit as first off: his parent's were shown as very supportive in the show, and assuming this takes place in an AU based off the image, his horn is shown as perfectly fine, moreover the artist noted (in the notes) that this was canonical and was meant to explain how he could make such a strong shield spell.

My personal idea for the plot would be him being bullied at school while still maintaining a healthy family life.

However I am not the artist.

One note I grant complete and total artistic license to the author

Edited by DoctorWhoAreYouvian

Wow, um... Shining Armor actually was the last pony I thought to be subjected to bullying, but you know... that also really compliments the whole 'learning about bullying scenario'. XD But all in seriousness, if you don't come across this fic, perhaps you should write one yourself. I think It'd certainly get attention. 

Wow, um... Shining Armor actually was the last pony I thought to be subjected to bullying, but you know... that also really compliments the whole 'learning about bullying scenario'. XD But all in seriousness, if you don't come across this fic, perhaps you should write one yourself. I think It'd certainly get attention. 

Sadly whenever I type I murder the English language as it screams bloody murder.

When I saw this that also came to mind. But put quite simply. I believe that's what build-ed his character. I may sound like Calvin's dad right now but hear me out. My theory is that he started out as kinda a wimp later on through a tough colt-hood he adapted and matured to the stallion you see in the show. Obviously this is younger version of him than in Twilight's flashback as Twilight couldn't have been more than a foal when he was this small.

(edited)

Another option is that they were bullying Twilight, and he was trying to protect her. This better fits with his name and cutie mark, as being the "knight in shining armor", and with the fact that Twilight apparently has some issues with the Magic Kindergarten. Recall the "Lesson Zero" episode with all those fillies & colts laughing at her from some reason. So this would even fit the canon. Twilight being bullied & laughed at from some reason, her B.B.B.F.F. trying to defend his little sister (and deserving one more reason to be called B.B.B.F.F. by her ;-J).

The other question to think of is if he really could -- because if he couldn't, this would obviously motivate him for building up his body and magical power to be able to protect his relatives someday in a future. But since he have never had any further occasion to protect some of them to realize that he's trained enough, he has never stopped his training, and after some time he was able to protect the whole capitol city of Equestria from the Changelings' assault    ;)

Just a thought.

Edited by SasQ

Sadly whenever I type I murder the English language as it screams bloody murder.

When I saw this that also came to mind. But put quite simply. I believe that's what build-ed his character. I may sound like Calvin's dad right now but hear me out. My theory is that he started out as kinda a wimp later on through a tough colt-hood he adapted and matured to the stallion you see in the show. Obviously this is younger version of him than in Twilight's flashback as Twilight couldn't have been more than a foal when he was this small.

Haha, I know what you mean. I'm never really confident I can write fics, either, but I see what you mean. Bullying is certainly something that builds character, and really gets appreciating some very small things. I'd personally love to see a fic like this because I love a good character backstory will bullying. (As evil as that sounds). Some of my favorite characters have a horrible past with bullying and then came to appreciate great power when they can finally stand up for themselves. 

Another option is that they were bullying Twilight, and he was trying to protect her. This better fits with his name and cutie mark, as being the "knight in shining armor", and with the fact that Twilight apparently has some issues with the Magic Kindergarten. Recall the "Lesson Zero" episode with all those fillies & colts laughing at her from some reason. So this would even fit the canon. Twilight being bullied & laughed at from some reason, her B.B.B.F.F. trying to defend her little sister. The other thing is if he really could -- because if he couldn't, this would obviously motivate him for building up his body and magical power to be able to protect his relatives someday in a future. But since he have never had any further occasion to protect some of them to realize that he's trained enough, he has never stopped his training, and after some time he was able to protect the whole capitol city of Equestria from the Changeling's assault ;)

Just a thought.

Holy guacamole that is probably my favorite theory evar....

Haha, I know what you mean. I'm never really confident I can write fics, either, but I see what you mean. Bullying is certainly something that builds character, and really gets appreciating some very small things. I'd personally love to see a fic like this because I love a good character backstory will bullying. (As evil as that sounds). Some of my favorite characters have a horrible past with bullying and then came to appreciate great power when they can finally stand up for themselves. 

I know what you mean, as mean as it sounds often the most compelling character's are the one's that start weak but become awesome. It's a compelling story element as it allows you to relate with the character better.

well, if i'm not going to be the writer, then i'd be more then happy to be the proofreader :3 

i'm really curious about this story. seems awesome

That'd be great! The reason I didn't want you working on it is. As you said your working on three other project's and I wouldn't want you to be overloaded.

As for proofreading. That would be great! Iv'e never proofread anything before but I imagine it's easier to proof read rather than write it. Once I get it I'll PM it to you.

@@@repsol rave, Here it is. I hope that it's actually halfway decent and that you guys like it.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/118714/sticks-and-stones

@@SasQ, Thanks for the idea- your post is what I built the story around. 

I quite like it. I would like to say that it needs a tiny bit of proofreading but it's already pretty good in those terms. I feel like the trading of words between cadance and shining armor feels a bit forced.

But really that's my only gripe.

Whovian seal of approval.

(edited)

@

allright sorry i didn't respond any sooner on this, but here are the points i noticed that i would improve.

1- at some points, the choise of words seems a bit awkward.

example: 

"every step sending a jab of pain through him." could be read better as "every step accompanied by a jab of pain." 

i know this all seems like nothing, but it will improve the overall reading experience.

2-  "a small daisy sandwich- as Cadence and Shining Armor was having a conversation." 

should be "where" also, the - should be a , 

3- "they hurt you- pretty badly, to say the least." that should be another comma

"they hurt you, pretty badly, to say the least."

4- "where is Mom and Dad?" ->  "where are Mom and Dad?

5- "You need to do something to deal with this?" the question mark seemed a little awkward here, maybe change it into a exclamation mark?

6- "She smiled and grinned. "I hope it helped, my big brother." She smiled" a little double on the smile here

that's all i got. very well written. i really like the storyline :3

i hope this helps

@,

also, please don't get me wrong. all the critisism i leave is meant as supportive, and not to be mean or anything in any way

tought i leave this here, since a lot of people take my critisism the wrong way :(

Edited by repsol rave