222 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy it?

• Um, how about, no! -_-
    • Eh, not really.
    • That was TOTAL meh.
    • It was 'aight!
    • THAT WAS SO SUPER AWESOME COOL!

Can't wait to see the Rainbow Quibble shipping art! LOL 

They were adorable at the end. I really enjoyed this episode. It was refreshing and somewhat more on the silly side. A great episode to start on! 

HE SAID FANFICTION

*dies*

YES! lol. 'twas amazing! 

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Okay watched it on Netflix so I can write this early.

What I liked:
Rainbow Dash: Playing the straight mare to Quibble's funny one, she really comes off well, enthusiastic yet still with a bit of frustration and anger the character has
Quibble Pants: Man he could have easily been a Svengallop or Zephyr but he's not. Sure he's a bit rude but it's on a very minor scale for this show and it comes across as funny because of the situation. Especially like the "Been asking that since Book 4" bit. Pat Oswalt was really good here. 
The Convention: Cool to see the show reference a part of the fandom's interests. I also like how they snuck in a reference to the more questionable stuff.
The Indiana Jones pony: Yeah don't know how to spell his name, but like him here, especially at the convention. It be like Chrysalis at an MLP convention. 
The End Credit: Loved how they continued to talk over it.

What I didn't like:
The shift: Like Daring Don't, this episode switches premises halfway through it, going from fandom issue to Indiana Jones adventure. Pulls it off better here since we have Quibble still thinking it all part of an act but still a missed opportunity with the convention.

What was meh:

Daring Do: She's in it for a whole two scenes and doesn't really do much. She just shows up, says "Hi I exist," then bam, she gone.

What was ???
Twilight: So is this summit or whatever is happening in Griffonstone going to come back in that one episode that teased a griffon trying to get a cutie mark?

So good episode and way to bring back the show after the hiatus

Edited by Sidral Mundet
  • Brohoof 7

I really liked the new character, Quibble. I wouldn't mind seeing him in another episode in the future. However, I do want to know what his natural hair color is. LOL! The episode was a fun one. I will definitely watch it again in the future. 

• Brohoof 2

Pleasant surprise this one. I wasn't entirely sure what to expect so I had no real predictions. Definitely was great fun though. The new character is great, resulting in many funny moments and an amazing credit sequence. I think this is one of the best Rainbow Dash episodes in recent memory.  I liked the moral too, simple yet important. Anyone else some of the new facial expressions of awesome? Like when RD put her wing on Daring Do, priceless. XD Quibble also seemed like a sort of reflection of the fandom, at least, to me it did. Like how sometimes this fandom cannot agree on ANYTHING. Which, if that was the point, then YES.

• Brohoof 9

This episode sparked emotion within me because Quibble represented everything why I'm not to crazy about mlp youtube critic videos and some of the fandom as much as I used to. The constant nagging about things not being realistic while at the same time somehow accepting of a show with talking ponies never made any sense to me.

I realized that I'm just going to accept the show for what it is and what equestria has to offer. Who cares if it's not realistic, it's a fantasy world that is not earth and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show without trying to worry about every little detail.

• Brohoof 11

This episode could've turned out a lot worse. I mean on description alone, it looks like it could've been a deliberately condescending responses to people who hate the show. Even in the episode it looked like it was veering towards being a condescending response towards people who don't like the new episodes. But it didn't. You wanna know why? It's all in the last act. Quibble Pants shows way more character than just being your typical forum dweller by his genre saviness. And the moral is the kind of moral this episode and frankly most of the interent needs.

My gripes consist of parts of the episode being a little too meta. Like it's being meta just to prove it can do it. Also, Quibble Pants seems a little too annoying in the hard to convince category.

So it's a 7/10.

• Brohoof 4

So, I really liked the episode. The beginning gave me nostalgia and I thought it has a nice setting. It was also funny and well-written.

The only thing that put me off about it and made me rate it 4/5 on Equestria.TV in a poll was that they keep referencing internet garbage and things the older fans would do, like fanfiction and cosplay...really, they should've just kept the lingo universal like seasons 1 and 2. c: :-P

I really enjoyed the episode. I enjoy the slight jab that it takes at specific fanboys/fangirls without being to harsh on them. I can somehow imagine a shipping between Rainbow Dash and Quibble Pants.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Not too bad. It's better than some of the episodes before the hiatus and its stance on fan content wasn't in your face. Quibble was a fun character. Ship fuel with Rainbow maybe?

Edited by Yoshi89
  • Brohoof 2

This episode sparked emotion within me because Quibble represented everything why I'm not to crazy about mlp youtube critic videos and some of the fandom as much as I used to. The constant nagging about things not being realistic while at the same time somehow accepting of a show with talking ponies never made any sense to me.

I realized that I'm just going to accept the show for what it is and what equestria has to offer. Who cares if it's not realistic, it's a fantasy world that is not earth and I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the show without trying to worry about every little detail.

The moral of this episode was kinda saying both approaches are OK and neither makes you less of a fan ... which was what I was hoping for. I do like that RD did throw out the 'He is usually right' line at Quibble.

• Brohoof 2

Overall I really liked it. Annoying character was annoying but I still enjoyed. I only had one criticism: critical fan was too realistic.

...get my irony? *eye wiggle*  :please:

Those ending credits.. :lol:

I know right, Laces? I laughed pretty hard there when he went into the credits.  ^_^

I'm with you there.  :awuh: I'll criticize the show if I think a lesson was bad but the level of "critical" nitpicking that can go on is just extreme. Analysis and criticism is not what got me into the show nor what will keep me with it. Analysis can be fun but I don't get so into it that I forget this is a show of rainbow-colored talking equines.  ;)

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Watching it via Netflix

Not even past Act 1 (4 mins in w/o commericals) and I can already see the similar plot that I myself thought of years ago.

That Quibble Pants is sounding like a Brony who is anti anything post-Twilicorn or won't acknowledge the Equestria Girls films. I feel like Rainbow Dash right now in that moment believing all those unacknowledged episodes and films ARE possible. LOL! Well, gotta see how this will turn out! Will post later!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 8

(edited)

Ended up liking Quibble a lot more than I thought I would,despite some real hardcore denial/denseness. Anyway that was a lot of fun, even though it was a tad slow in the first half. Great use of the characters, and I'm glad Caballeron got to be the Daring Do villain, and it got a moral that I was hoping it was. The credits was easily the best one yet

I give the episode a solid B, great way to kick off the return from the hiatus. And I can safely say QuibbleDash is acceptable

Also I can't believe they had Daring Do Body Pillows. Where can I get one  :please:

Edited by Megas
  • Brohoof 7

Very good episode and seriously the best way to start off after the hiatus. It really put me back in the pony mood. :)

The DD con was a really nice hommage on Bronycon and also cons in general, with cosplayers, merchandise stands and everything a true fan can markout on. I've been to Nipponcon a few times and it's exactly like that there. :)

Quibble is like the hardcore bronyfan, that is even more into the show, then more of the guys you know. He has to analyse every single bit of it and analyses it so much, that he loses enjoyment in what he is actually into. But it really dosen't mean, that he is an idiot, he is just has a different viewpoint and i think the moral of this episode made that clear. (Also, to my dear friends, who are into analyzing here. Don't take this episode as an offense, because i think that's not what the writers where going for and take it more as a little friendly jab. ;) )

It was also very meta, how Quibble for example made fun of all the cliches. It was fun at some parts, but at others it was a bit over the top. For example, the part where he made a halfhearted attempt to sound like daring do and the henchman ran into the jungle. Sorry, it just was too much at that point.

All in all, very good and entertaining episode.

(Also, Quibble. If you ask Yearling for your fanfic, please, for the love of god, put in some Lamiaponies. XD)

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

So much to like about this one, but I'll just say this:

Body pillows and the actual terms "cosplay" and "fan fiction" are canon now -- mind officially blown.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

nein nein nein nein sink it now D:
lone_attack.jpg
(i take no credit i just found it on google images)

Edited by Ju88snow
  • Brohoof 2

WHY WAS THERE A DARING DO BODY PILLOW.

I mean this is a great episode, the older fans can laugh at the juicy meta humour and have a moment of self-reflection while the kids can enjoy a fun little Indiana Jones-adventure. The comedy was fantastic, Patton did a great job and I liked his character. Also, that imagery in the temple will probably be fuel for some fanfics... although RainxQuibble will be high octane fuel in comparison.

BUT WHY WAS THERE A DARING DO BODY PILLOW?! AAAAGH!

• Brohoof 3

I really liked the episode :) Was nice to see conventions take place within the pony world :P 

I thought Quibble was a fun one. Did not like his over analyzing :P And that Crocodile (or Alligator) <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Much loves <3 

Was a good episode :) 

• Brohoof 2

Still no Owwie, so yeah. I can't give this episode a three thumbs up.  :lol:

faces were touched. noses were violently booped

10/10

give me my "you tried" star

Aaaaaaaand best comment goes to....Phillydelphia...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Definitely a lot of fun to watch. Quibblepants is just perfect as the jaded fan who still can't leave his jaded fandom behind even as things are playing out in real life. It's a premise brimming with creative and satirical potential, and I think it would make a hell of a feature film as well (aspiring comedy writers, I hope you're listening). The entire main plot of this episode was about the "Reality is Unrealistic" trope, and the joy of seeing such an insane situation play out really forgives that jarring revelation in "Daring Don't". In addition, the moral should hopefully hit home for this fandom. I can't tell how many times I've wanted to put my head through the monitor seeing how people around here navigate differences in opinion, and who knows we needed to hear something like that.

On top of everything, Patton Oswalt put in a great performance as the definitive long-winded nerd, and it was surprising seeing him here. I grew up watching him on The King of Queens and in Ratatouille, but I still won't forgive him for beating up on James Rolfe over Ghostbusters. Otherwise, Patton is a man who knows his stuff.

(starts at 1:33)

Overall, after a first half of Season 6 that looked like it was floundering and playing it too safe, this is an excellent segue into the second part which, from promos and episode synopses, appears to have far more action-packed and entertaining episodes in store.

Between the satirical nature of the plotline and the Melania Trump mention earlier this week, I can only wonder if there's going to be a bump in the ratings when those numbers come out later this week.

I still can't get over how much Quibble looks like my OC. Looks like I have a model to recolor now.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 8