Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Login/Posting problems

Benphar
Go to solution Solved by SCS,

Hi there,

I am having trouble logging in and posting. I have tried Internet Explorer and Firefox. After I click login or post I see the pony walking across the screen but nothing happens after that.

with posts I see the same animation and it says saving post but nothing happens. When I refresh the page my post is gone. Is there some setting I need to change? please let me know. Thanks

I have this problem all the time. What I do is copy the reply before I post it, and then if when it doesn't work I refresh the page (sometimes it appears) and if it isn't there I paste and try again.

As for logging in, I just don't log out so it doesn't effect me. :D

• Brohoof 1

It just seems to sometimes stall up when loading something, it happens when I post something occasionally, copy paste works well if you think its an issue, refresh after you copy and then paste it again. It normally fixes it if you try again, I guess the severs are just slow sometimes.

As for login, i don't logout much, but i've never had the problem really when i login, i'd just try it a couple times, maybe the sever just doesn't respond sometimes.

This is usually just a small issue the site has when loading multiple things or is simply holding up for whatever reason. It usually goes away within a short 2-3 minutes or so.

I recommend clearing your cache, and clearing your cookies. If you don't know how to do that, here's a great guide to show you how:

Just click on which browser you use to skip to that section of the article.

Also, while you use MLP Forums, I would recommend closing all other applications that use up bandwidth, including chat programs and online games. You should also close all of your other tabs.

As a final note, make sure not to refresh the page when you have not posted your post. This will erase it. To prevent losing it, select all of it, right click, and then click copy. That way, you can just paste it back into the post box when the page is done refreshing.

If you continue to experience problems logging in and posting after trying these things, please let us know. Thank you. :)

• Brohoof 1

I recommend clearing your cache, and clearing your cookies. If you don't know how to do that, here's a great guide to show you how:

Just click on which browser you use to skip to that section of the article.

Also, while you use MLP Forums, I would recommend closing all other applications that use up bandwidth, including chat programs and online games. You should also close all of your other tabs.

As a final note, make sure not to refresh the page when you have not posted your post. This will erase it. To prevent losing it, select all of it, right click, and then click copy. That way, you can just paste it back into the post box when the page is done refreshing.

If you continue to experience problems logging in and posting after trying these things, please let us know. Thank you. :)

This^

I used to have this problem all the time on forums back in the day.  What kind of internet are you using?  I've never faced this issue with MLP Forums myself so far, so I'm guessing it's a local issue.  Then again others said they've had the same problems so I don't know.  I run DSL and haven't had a problem thus far.

Just make sure to keep your cache/cookies cleaned out from time to time.  You may not think it, but they can cluster up and slow download times for your browsers.  If the problem persists, here is some helpful information you could give us.

Internet Service Provider

Web Browser

Device You're Using

Wireless

If=Wireless, connection strength

Hopefully we can help you resolve this issue so you can get back to browsing and posting on the forums at full speed ^^

• Brohoof 1

Wait, quick question. If you're unable to login or post, how did you do it just now? :unsure:

I should have specified that this is not always an issue. The day that I made this thread I had to copy my post and refresh the page several times. Without following any of the previous instructions it seems to be running fine today.

It is good to know that clearing cookies and cache will improve performance. I'll keep that in mind.

ISP: Verizon 4G LTE

Browser: Prefer Firefox, Currently using internet Explorer

Using Wifi and signal strength between 90 and 100 percent.

Since this looks like this is not a problem on my end I'll just be more patient in the future. Does someone mark this problem as solved or do I need to do it? if I need to please let me know how. Thanks to everyone.

• Brohoof 1