Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How advanced does weaponry need to be...

Harmonic Revelations

...before humanity finally messes up bad enough to damage more than just Earth? I guess the question I'm really asking you is how long do you think it will take humanity's evil to damage other parts of existence than Earth and how will they do that?

I think it should'v stopped with the sword.  I don't understand the need for weapons at all.  I think at the rate were going we may not make it till 2015.  

• Brohoof 2

Well if you're asking that, then it really depends on when the space program is back up and running. Of course that won't be for a while. Plus there's the technological advancements needed to colonize other planets, so that's like 50-90 years. So if I had to take a shot in the dark and come up with a number,id say 200 years or around that.

I don't think it will take any longer, it might probably like 3 more years until nature is depleted and weaponry might be advanced in two years from now in my opinion.

The nuclear bomb is where it went too far. That could easily destroy other civilizations. 

With damaging other places than Earth, it could have been done YEARS ago. 

We will probably do it soon though.

As @@Mr. Critical, already said, it depends more on our ability to reach other places and things than just those on Earth.

Even though I think that will take more than just a few hundred years. Also connected with the question: What would we even "want" to destroy then?

And also important: Do we even need weapons for that? Environmental pollution is a strong side effect of our technological progress. I don't wanna know how long it takes until they say "Hey, there's no place for our garbage left here, let's send it to the moon." Ugh...

But I think a good example for a potential - but most likely never ready for mass production - weapon that could destroy far more than every nuclear warhead ever could are warheads based on Matter/Anti-Matter annihilation. Mere science fiction right now, but possible.

Within creating Weapons of mass destruction~ it actually [depends] how Mental Depressed a army general is to make all the soldiers fire all missiles & bomb's... But, a wise general would send 20 Norwegian Stallions/ 4 Mustang Colts & 1 Mexican Donkey to attack all the towns of Equestria

{but Equestria has about 42 mares in each of the 6 town's}

We're already at a point where nuclear weapons can seriously change the Earth and Humanity as we know it. To be honest, nuclear and biological weapons were the tipping point, and now we're only going to see worse. 

There has to be a point where we stop creating more and more advanced technology. The further we go, the easier and more likely we'll be to destroy ourselves.

There is a long time until we can go destroy other planets. I'm sure the day will come though maybe within 500-1000 years. Then we can show aliens who's boss! First we need to be able to travel around our solar system. I'm sure we will have very powerful weapons by then. We already have very powerful weapons, so yeah around 1000 years, I don't know there is no way we can know for certain.

We will be using biological weapons and we will find a way to turn hydrogen into helium that way we would have the same power as the sun. We could say as we destroy other planets, "here comes the sun!" Lol, would be awesome. Although I'm sure that we won't last that long. If we would find a way to turn hydrogen into helium then we would probably start another Cold War but this time it would actually happen.

Weaponry is becoming very advanced, and that goes for military and civilian stuff. Military-wise, we're developing better stuff all the time. By civilian stuff, I mean crowd control technology. 

I see no reason why any country should have nukes. Period. All they cause is Mass Death, Electromagnetic pulses, and radiation. That's not good at all. A country that has 1000 nukes doesn't scare me. What scares me is a country who is trying to make just one. (Iran, North Korea, ect.)

As horrible as war is, a lot of beneficial technology came from it. 

http://www.lowvarates.com/va-loan-blog/top-10-technological-advances-during-wartime-american/

As long as there is human depravity, the need to satisfy the depravity will exist. As long as one elder fails to teach, simple mistake will be made my the youthful. The longer we fail to help our fellow man, the worse off we will be in the end.