Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

your 1st pony drawing

Nanodrive

• 1 month later...

Alright, *Cracks Knuckles*, lets find this thing here...

post-1372-0-30056600-1334203423_thumb.jpg

Edit: ^

http://shadows-figure.tumblr.com/ posted it there, my 1st ever pony drawing, scan didn't pick up on a good amount of the color, but im ok with it. How about everypony? what was your 1st drawing?^^

That link doesn't work for me.

Edited by Chigens
  • Brohoof 3

I've drawn ponies before, but never on a sketch pad, now that I no longer have my stylus, here is my first concept art of my pony persona, Violet Spiral

Posted Image

Couple of things I need to fix on myself, but I'll do it with either a new program on my computer, or MS paint. I've always been relatively good, shading with MS paint.

Edited by Dizzy Leeane Rage
  • Brohoof 7

I'm never going to get over how amazingly beautiful your OC is, Dizzy. xD

I actually kinda regret posting it in here, you all have been complimenting it so kindly, It's making me melt, so here's a pic of my first MS Paint @ work instead, be mindful, this is my first one I did, on a different computer at work lol

Posted Image

• Brohoof 8

Still better than anything I can do. xD

Seeing your art has inspired me to draw again. D:

<.< Too bad I dun haz a scanner so I have to take a picture with a webcam like I did with the Twilight Sparkle picture.

• Brohoof 1

First pony related thing I ever drew was a humanized Fluttershy in April of last year:

Posted Image

/cringe

Adorable!

Still better than anything I can do. xD

Seeing your art has inspired me to draw again. D:

<.< Too bad I dun haz a scanner so I have to take a picture with a webcam like I did with the Twilight Sparkle picture.

It shouldn't stop you from trying.

Just know that, from deep down in my heart, you have my sincere appreciation and my full support! If I can help out in anyway, you just ask your pegasister Dizzy (Violet) ;3

• Brohoof 1

I know what I can do, I can try to draw Applejack (Like I said I was gonna do after Twilight) and you can maybe give me a tip or two on how to improve. I'm honestly bottom of the run when it comes to art, the only reason I did so well with Twilight was because of the reference I used. xD

Oh and I'm gonna try to draw her without a reference. :P

My art teacher turned this into a screen printed design, and then a lot of people decided to have me screen print the design onto T-shirts of theirs, even if they've never seen or heard of the show.

Posted Image

Edit: I left out the fact that unicorns can perform magic, because I drew this for my economics teacher, who will where this on a T-shirt of his when he is the PJ for the upcoming prom, so barely anyone would understand that, in the show, unicorns can perform magic.

Edited by The R-Dash 5000
  • Brohoof 1

My art teacher turned this into a screen printed design, and then a lot of people decided to have me screen print the design onto T-shirts of theirs, even if they've never seen or heard of the show.

Posted Image

Edit: I left out the fact that unicorns can perform magic, because I drew this for my economics teacher, who will where this on a T-shirt of his when he is the PJ for the upcoming prom, so barely anyone would understand that, in the show, unicorns can perform magic.

Very kind thing for your teacher to do, I dearly wish I had taken some course in art in my life. I never had a teacher to show me things :(

I know what I can do, I can try to draw Applejack (Like I said I was gonna do after Twilight) and you can maybe give me a tip or two on how to improve. I'm honestly bottom of the run when it comes to art, the only reason I did so well with Twilight was because of the reference I used. xD

Oh and I'm gonna try to draw her without a reference. :P

Many artists use references, don't be afraid to use one, Trust me

• Brohoof 1

Oh, there it was :P

What program did you use? colors match exceptionally well! I always had to use the ink copy to manage my color to match perfect on MS Paint.

And yet it wouldn't feel like I did it myself with a reference. xD;;

At least not when just straight up copying the reference. lol

Well, when I was very young, and not even into it, I always traced whatever art I came across. While nowadays it's kinda frowned upon, I learned a thing or two, and it's helped me a bit with the skills I've acquired thus far.

• Brohoof 1

What program did you use? colors match exceptionally well! I always had to use the ink copy to manage my color to match perfect on MS Paint.

I used GIMP, since i was on a Mac. Gonna try making one on SAI next week though, i got to burrow/borrow (not the best at english) my neighbor's drawing tablet. Hopefully it's not too old for the computer. Edited by RariShy Sparkle

Well I did draw Applejack but it's too dark to take a decent picture of it so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Keep a look out for an Applejack picture in the Pony Art board. :P

Without using a reference it was considerably harder but it's not TOO horrible I don't think. I really sucked at her hat though. lmao

First ever pony drawing.

Posted Image

That is absolutely wonderful! the colors are simply enticing.

Well I did draw Applejack but it's too dark to take a decent picture of it so I'll have to wait until tomorrow. Keep a look out for an Applejack picture in the Pony Art board. :P

Without using a reference it was considerably harder but it's not TOO horrible I don't think. I really sucked at her hat though. lmao

I must seez it...NAO ;p

• Brohoof 2