Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

your 1st pony drawing

Nanodrive

I've drawn ponies before, but never on a sketch pad, now that I no longer have my stylus, here is my first concept art of my pony persona, Violet Spiral

Posted Image

Couple of things I need to fix on myself, but I'll do it with either a new program on my computer, or MS paint. I've always been relatively good, shading with MS paint.

OH MY CRAP THAT IS THE MOST AMAZING THING I'VE SEEN IN A LONG TIME.

I'm never going to get that good at drawing. :(

Edited by letterONE

I know that feel :lol:

My (one of) first pony drawings. I;m DEFINITELY not an artist :blink:

Posted Image

I appreciate the wonderful compliment, but you should never sell yourself short like that. You still have the rest of your life to practice and get better, and believe me when I say this, you only get better as you progress with life. All you need to do, is assert yourself, draw and practice more.

I know that feel :lol:

My (one of) first pony drawings. I;m DEFINITELY not an artist :blink:

Posted Image

Regardless if you consider yourself an artist or not, that piece you posted, Is a unique piece of artwork, not just visually, but within itself and in you. All in all together, You and your art can never be duplicated in the same exact fashion, by another artist, therefore making it very special and original in every aspect.

• Brohoof 1

I appreciate the wonderful compliment, but you should never sell yourself short like that. You still have the rest of your life to practice and get better, and believe me when I say this, you only get better as you progress with life. All you need to do, is assert yourself, draw and practice more.

Heh. I guess you're right. It's just that I really mess up with so many things that I do, especially proportions. It's really starting to tick me off. I practice every single day and I'm barely getting anywhere.

Edited by letterONE

Heh. I guess you're right. It's just that I really mess up with so many things that I do, especially proportions. It's really starting to tick me off. I practice every single day and I'm barely getting anywhere.

You wouldn't believe how long I've been through the phase you're currently struggling with. When I was young, I tried everything from tracing, to using a ruler, (which helped in some way) Then I came to understand the scaling system, rudimentary measuring of distances from object 'X' to object 'Y'. It was tough, and Math is not a subject I'm very good with, but I know what I want to know and move on (as bad as it may sound)

Unfortunately, I never took art classes in my life, (except those back in elementary school which was required), and dearly wish I had the experience as if I had gone and taken courses in middle school and high school. However, I never sought any further instructions, therefore, I cannot offer you the professional help everypony deserves. All I can give you, is what I know, It may not have it's strong historical references and resources, but If I can help in anyway I can, so be it, I'll strive with effort to help you and everypony as best as I can.

• Brohoof 1

You wouldn't believe how long I've been through the phase you're currently struggling with. When I was young, I tried everything from tracing, to using a ruler, (which helped in some way) Then I came to understand the scaling system, rudimentary measuring of distances from object 'X' to object 'Y'. It was tough, and Math is not a subject I'm very good with, but I know what I want to know and move on (as bad as it may sound)

Unfortunately, I never took art classes in my life, (except those back in elementary school which was required), and dearly wish I had the experience as if I had gone and taken courses in middle school and high school. However, I never sought any further instructions, therefore, I cannot offer you the professional help everypony deserves. All I can give you, is what I know, It may not have it's strong historical references and resources, but If I can help in anyway I can, so be it, I'll strive with effort to help you and everypony as best as I can.

Well, um, thanks! :)

Regardless if you consider yourself an artist or not, that piece you posted, Is a unique piece of artwork, not just visually, but within itself and in you. All in all together, You and your art can never be duplicated in the same exact fashion, by another artist, therefore making it very special and original in every aspect.

Hmm....true...

Eh its too late at night for deep thinking for me :lol:

But yeah, you have a point, every art piece has a piece of the artist in it....... that's real deep..... :mellow:

That is absolutely wonderful! the colors are simply enticing.

I must seez it...NAO ;p

Your wish is my command. :D

Posted Image

I inked it in this time so it should be easier to see than my Twilight Sparkle. It is considerably worse since I didn't use a reference at all but it's not as horrible as I thought it would be. I seem to be pretty good at the eyes, even if I suck at making them the same size. xD

Your wish is my command. :D

Posted Image

I inked it in this time so it should be easier to see than my Twilight Sparkle. It is considerably worse since I didn't use a reference at all but it's not as horrible as I thought it would be. I seem to be pretty good at the eyes, even if I suck at making them the same size. xD

Believe it or not, I'm still not on par with proper proportion scaling that was utilized for MLP, but without a reference, you're getting better!

• Brohoof 1

took a photo...my Fluttershy is a million times better than my RD...

Posted Image

Gonna make one of Littlepip and Homage though... wish me luck!

Edited by ADashOfRainbow

I've just started to learn to draw ponies. It's hard, especially since I've never done any serious drawing before. Thankfully Eqd links to some good material on how to draw them. So here are my first 2 attempts:

post-2144-0-08842800-1334541034_thumb.jpg

I didn't really know what I was doing when I drew this, so it kind of ended weird looking. Also I wimped out of drawing an eye which is why she's blinking.

post-2144-0-02422600-1334541184_thumb.jpg

I had more of a plan with this one, but then made the idiotic decision of trying to color it in without knowing anything about shading. But at least I drew an eye, and scanned it.