Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Game Discussion: Does Assassin's Creed keep getting worse?

Geek0zoid

I've been playing Assassin's Creed games for as long as I can remember. It's easily one of my favorite video game franchises around at the moment. But, I have had some people tell me that Assassin's Creed games aren't what they used to be. As in, they've been going downhill. And, to be honest, yeah. I can kind of see why they think that. But, on the other hand, I really don't see it that well.

Is Ubisoft getting lazy with Assassin's Creed and making it worse? If they are, please enlighten me by telling me how are they doing it?

Edited by Stevenearthpony
  • Brohoof 2

I think it is because, they aren't really used to the changes and adaptions that Ubisoft is making to the franchise. I don't think that they are getting lazy, they just feel that they should add new environments and new things to the game. They are going downhill, yes. But, they just want to make the franchise more different than before.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, better in fact from a game-play perspective. ACIII did wonders in refining the combat and bringing the world to life. The biggest improvement can seen between the first two games though.  

• Brohoof 2

Hard to say. I'd like to say no, but I actually enjoyed Brotherhood the most, followed by AC2, and then Revelations.

But honestly, my least favorite was the first one. I feel like every single installment of the series does pretty much everything better than the first game.

• Brohoof 2

Nope, better in fact from a game-play perspective. ACIII did wonders in refining the combat and bringing the world to life. The biggest improvement can seen between the first two games though.  

I didn't like the multiplayer for it, though. I don't know, there's just something about it that doesn't make me feel comfortable playing it.

• Brohoof 1

I enjoyed the entire little continuation of Ezio's story....

Now when I played AC3 I was rather disappointed and I feel it was worse in some way....

I have to question why they removed the system of armors? Armors were helpful in some ways...

I feel they are going downhill a bit but hopefully they will improve!

I didn't like the multiplayer for it, though. I don't know, there's just something about it that doesn't make me feel comfortable playing it.

Multiplayer XD

Wow I hated that so much XD

Especially when it came to high levels having GUNS....

Edited by Niko Bellic
  • Brohoof 2

Hard to say. I'd like to say no, but I actually enjoyed Brotherhood the most, followed by AC2, and then Revelations.

But honestly, my least favorite was the first one. I feel like every single installment of the series does pretty much everything better than the first game.

Like Altiar not being able to swim. Yeah, Altiar, the master assassin in the Assassin's Creed universe, doesn't know how to swim.

• Brohoof 1

Like Altiar not being able to swim. Yeah, Altiar, the master assassin in the Assassin's Creed universe, doesn't know how to swim.

It's almost as bad as Solid Snake, legendary destroyer of walking battle-tanks and last hope for averting nuclear war, not being able to wear a gas mask and use a key card at the same time.

Edited by DusK
  • Brohoof 1

It's almost as bad as Solid Snake, legendary destroyer of walking battle-tanks and last hope for averting nuclear war not being able to wear a gas mask and use a key card at the same time.

Almost as bad as Isaac Clarke too....

Can kill millions of Necromorphs

Can't do a simple task such as jumping!

Or in fact stepping up a ledge that is about 2 inches up .-. in one area I was in atleast

• Brohoof 1

I think it's likely more frachise fatigue, than the games actually declining in quality themselves. I haven't played a game from the series so my opinion doesn't hold much, if any weight, but I've seen people complain more about the series getting too many games than the games actually being bad(though I've heard ACIII was pretty weak). Ever since Ubisoft wanted a new game coming every year, people are just getting tired of them, sorta like the CoD series

• Brohoof 2

I think it's likely more frachise fatigue, than the games actually declining in quality themselves. I haven't played a game from the series so my opinion doesn't hold much, if any weight, but I've seen people complain more about the series getting too many games than the games actually being bad(though I've heard ACIII was pretty weak). Ever since Ubisoft wanted a new game coming every year, people are just getting tired of them, sorta like the CoD series

They could try spacing them out like the Batman Arkham series.

2009: Arkham Asylum

2011: Arkham City

2013: Arkham Origins (I'm SO getting that, by the way)

I think the gameplay was a little down graded because

of the new engines they are using as well as new graphics,

new story line, and upgraded multiplayer. Being someone

who has not played all the games I think they are ok...I guess.

• Brohoof 1

I consider multiplayer just a bonus in a single player tailored game, so I don't generally judge it on that fact. In truth I don't use multiplayer much at all unless I'm playing a MMO. 

• Brohoof 1

Eh, i think it depends on your opinions and stuff, I think the main disagrement is between ACIII and ACII.

ACI was just repititous, sure it was fun, but still got repetitive way to fast. I did play through it all, but it wasn't nearly as good as ACII or ACIII.

I personally like ACII and ACIII, so I have no complaints frankly, i don't find them getting worse, I still think their awesome.

• Brohoof 3

I love every single last one of the Assassin's Creed games.(yes, even the first one) Assassins Creed 2 got me into this series. When Brotherhood came out, it brought whole new mechanics, it made the combat flowing and responsive, it really made you feel like a badass!!!! XD When Revelations came out, it impressed me with its awsome set pieces, and perfect city,"Constantinople", and I absolutely loved the hook blade, it made it very easy to free run from one place, to another. Oh, and another thing, who agrees that no matter what you think of the games, every....single....game has had a superb soundtrack?! Seriously, I find each one simply breathtaking. Anyways then came Assassin's Creed 3.....some loved it, some hated it, some thought it was okay.....I LOVED IT!!!! Assassin's Creed 3 gave us a new and great AnvilNext engine, and it looks superb!!!! The combat was modified greatly, to make you feel like much more of a badass than you've ever felt!!!! And the storyline left me speechless.(though, that ending) I think they tried to change a lot in AC3, and I feel they succeeded!!!! I wasn't sure about how Black Flag was going to be, but I must say....it looks pretty DAMN impressive!!!! :-D So, to answer your question, no game has been able to surpass 2's greatness, but that doesn't mean they haven't come pretty damn close.

• Brohoof 1

I play Assassin's Creed to kill stuff in awesome ways, so I liked Revelations best because the story actually interested me, unlike the others. However, AC3 really let me down, the commercials and hype made it look like I was gonna get to kill whole garrison's of people in massive battle torn areas, yet the game only goes there once, and I didn't get to kill 42 people before taking out a general I had to avoid the battle!  Plus I don't see how people think the combat system is better, it just didn't seem as awesome as Revelations to me and the storyline felt like it just dragged on forrreeeever.

I guess, imo, Assassin's Creed isn't degrading as much as it is just becoming a CoD'esque (Copy + Paste game) + add new title = Record sales...

• Brohoof 1

I picture the AC franchise getting into the same position as the COD franchise. The demand for the franchise will get so great and contracts to release by X date will be made so they are forced to rush and re-skin the previous game into something new. AC probably will remain stagnant unless they make some major changes.

I also picture the BF series going down that road too. 

• Brohoof 1

I picture the AC franchise getting into the same position as the COD franchise. The demand for the franchise will get so great and contracts to release by X date will be made so they are forced to rush and re-skin the previous game into something new. AC probably will remain stagnant unless they make some major changes.

I also picture the BF series going down that road too. 

Well, I really hope that doesn't happen.They should probably try spacing out their series. A yearly release seems too soon, anyways.

At the time of the first Assassins Creed Ubisoff made minimal expenditure and came out with the game.After Brotherhood the AC series had a major amount of funding so the developers could change the game around.They knew that Revelations didn't pay off too well so they prepared a new story in AC 3 which of course turned out disappointingly.So basically it's a mixture of running out of idea's and the developers getting too mental with money.

I only played the first two. They were pretty average to me, not really worth the forty dollars I spent on them. The story wasn't very good (Ezio was pretty cool), but climbing around was fun. If I ever get a Vita I'll probably get the AS for that, but none of the console releases.

Really, it's a matter of opinion. People say that it's becoming less assassin and more Rambo. The thing is that YOU choose the way you play. You don't have to ba a Rambo, it's just faster and may be easier. I think that Ubisoft is doing just fine. AC3 was a very good title, as where all of them.