movies/tv THE NEXT DOCTOR IS REVEALED!

Mane Sax

Aww, I just looked him up! I think he looks pretty cute.

MV5BMjA0NTE0NDQ3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjkw

He was also in Torchwood and Skins! I think he'll do just fine, as long as Moffat isn't around... (I think that applies to a lot of Doctor Who things, to be fair)

• Brohoof 1

It shall be interesting to see what sort of Doctor he becomes. Although I dislike Matt Smith leaving, this does allow the chance to see a new Doctor in action.

• Brohoof 2

On 4/22/2016 at 6:16 PM, The Nightly Spectre said:

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

It shall be interesting to see what sort of Doctor he becomes. Although I dislike Matt Smith leaving, this does allow the chance to see a new Doctor in action.

Edit: Arrrgh, curse my slow internet at the moment.

Edited by Questioner

One does not ask why The Questioner is awesome. One should instead ask their gods if they ever compare to the awesomeness of the one and only Questioner.

Peter Capaldi? It's supposed to be Doctor XFizzle! This is an outrage! I need to fire my agent. 

But it's gonna be interesting having an older Doctor since Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith were younger.

• Brohoof 2

ICeIx2X.jpg
MLP Forums' resident timelord, sports dilettante, and purveyor of wit and humor
~*Traveling Timelord Nonpareil*~

Capaldi is what everyone was predicting, so it came as little surprise n.n I'm looking forward to it. It's always enjoyable to see how a new Doctor takes on the role - same reason why my favourite Matt Smith episode was his debut episode. :)

Peter Capaldi? It's supposed to be Doctor XFizzle! This is an outrage! I need to fire my agent. 

But it's gonna be interesting having an older Doctor since Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith were younger.

Yeah, it's going to be reeeeeally interesting... I'm too used to young doctors to have an older one. I just hope he is as awesome as the others.

LxC9ncx.png

I won't be a complete brony until I get a Thunderlane plushie and go to a convention.

My reaction to the new Doctor:

Cool, this could be interesting.

My reaction to the live show:

Defaq. Is. This? 

That was one of the most grating things I have ever had to sit through. ARGH! It was like one of those trashy talk shows. My dad and I were groaning throughout. 

Actors no one cares about telling us who their favorite Doctor is. Truly, a fascinating experience. Oh look, it's that guy. Remember him? No? Neither do I. Let's hear what he thinks.

It seemed like an attempt at inciting the trash-TV demographic to watch Doctor Who.  

• Brohoof 1

Pancakes taste like well seasoned DVD cases.

Aw, I forgot it was sunday... Well, I haven't heard of Peter Capaldi before, but I hope he'll be a good doctor, I didn't really like Matt Smith. I really, really, REALLY wanted it to be Ben Whishaw because  he's really cute  I think he would be a good Doctor, and after he said he wasn't, I was hoping for Andrew Scott... Still, I don't think they'd put the role in the wrong hands, so I'll look forward to it.

He was also in Torchwood! 

Isn't that kinda bad, since they're set in the same universe? From what I just looked up, he didn't seem like a one scene unimportant character... 

Isn't that kinda bad, since they're set in the same universe? From what I just looked up, he didn't seem like a one scene unimportant character... 

He has been in Doctor Who before also.

But considering the size of time and space, what are the chances that you never get different people looking the same? Plus I doubt anyone in-universe will notice.

• Brohoof 2

Crap, I've still only halfway through the 2006 season, I need to get my but caught up before to much longer so I can watch some episodes as they come out. 

"You know, I don't know who or what you are Methos, and I know you don't want to hear this, but you did teach me something. You taught me that Life's about change, about learning to accept who you are, good or bad. And I thank you for that."

-Duncan McLeod.

I've seen Peter Capaldi on the West End in 'The Lady Killers' and he was brilliant, so of course, I'm excited about this new Doctor.

What annoys me though is there are STILL people complaining about how Tennant is gone and they're already comparing Capaldi to him.
It's like "Oh, I think David Tennant was better than Matt Smith, therefore he is the best Doctor"

Edited by Broseph

Have a nice cold pint, and wait for all this to blow over..

No doctor will beat David.

But this doctor will be very very interesting, I hope it turns out swell, because if he is a terrible doctor then we'll be at his home door with pitchforks and torches

6i4rv.png

While I was personally interested in seeing a non-white Doctor, I'm actually a fan of Capaldi, so it's alright for me. Double the win for the Doctor being an older gent again.

Here's hoping they go with a more serious Doctor. Nine was basically a more bitter Fourth Doctor, Ten was a dorky version of the Fifth Doctor, and Eleven was a combination of the Second and Seventh. Here's hoping they tap into the Third Doctor after the more whimsical Eleven.

Edited by CITRUS KING46

post-8308-0-29731900-1387311955.png

Onwards to my DeviantArt page!

Sig by the illustrious Kyoshi!

Major Spoilers here!

post-13705-0-27989100-1375661880_thumb.png

But in all seriousness I am pretty happy with him being it, will be a nice change to have an older doctor. Moreover he has already been in doctor who and has played the prime minister in children of earth so I am pretty happy with their choice :)

Edited by Toastie
  • Brohoof 1

He has been in Doctor Who before also.   But considering the size of time and space, what are the chances that you never get different people looking the same? Plus I doubt anyone in-universe will notice.

I'm gonna bet anyone that the writers are gonna put something in where the new Doctor will think his new face looks familiar referencing his previous role in Doctor Who.

I saw his interview on the BBC this morning on utube and I'm not gonna lie, I actually like this guy. I think I may just do the very thing I never expected to and watch the new season of Dr. Who featuring this awesome man :D

I'm definitely excited that they've decided to use an older gentlemen as the Doctor again, or by the 13th we'd probably have a middleschooler playing him. That's not to say I don't think Eccleston, Tennant, and Smith did badly as the Doctor, I liked each of their performances, but we haven't really had an "older" Doctor since McCoy. Something about an aged actor gives the feeling that he as a character is more experienced, and wise. Here's hoping for a great run with Capaldi.

I was also sort of excited about the idea of a non-white or even female Doctor, but in the end the idea that they would end up choosing someone with any of those characteristics is slim to none (gender more so than race). Oh well.

i have recently been informed about the new doctor, Peter Cappadli.

at first i was outraged they chose an older doctor for the 12th doctor, but now, it's pretty okay.

i actually can't wait for the episodes to come out on BBC in America and netflix.

British people get all the luck. Awesome accents, doctor who episodes eight months before us, it's just not fair. I haven't even seen one with clara in it! ;o;

I originally posted this up on The Escapist, but I think for what it is worth I shall indeed repost the entire post here, for context and all:

I was holding out for Idris Elba.

Oh well, hopefully this won't be as crap as most of Matt Smith's episodes(that's a bit unfair, I feel that Stephen Moffatt is more responsible for the new "new" series of Dr. Who sucking rather than Smith himself).

Actually, yeah! BOO, YOU SUCK STEPHEN MOFFATT!

On that, we can concour. Especially after the spectacular double ball of fail that is The Doctor's Name. Seriously, way to piss on 50 Years of established continuity Moffat.

Slightly more ontopic, I'll have to see how it goes, but so long as Moffat remains attached to Doctor Who, I won't be getting my hopes too excited about it. Also, I too was hoping for Idris Elba, but this actor still seems a good choice X3

Side topic: I still have Nightmares about Steven Moffat ran Doctor Who. Man's fallen a long way.