Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv THE NEXT DOCTOR IS REVEALED!

Mane Sax

I'm gonna bet anyone that the writers are gonna put something in where the new Doctor will think his new face looks familiar referencing his previous role in Doctor Who.

An actor who appeared in Doctor Who taking on the role of the Doctor himself has happened once before. Colin Baker played Commander Maxil, a Gallifrean guard who got to shoot the Doctor (Peter Davidson) at one point, before being cast as the Doctor himself. Colin's joked about getting the role by eliminating his predecessor.

Outside of that, lots of actors appeared in Doctor Who multiple times as different characters.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really consider myself to be a huge fan of Dr. Who anymore. Sure, I still watch it, but I'm not as into it as I once was. I never really understood some of the other shows he was in (e.g The Thick of It), but hopefully he will do a good job. Really looking forward to the Christmas Special now!!

I'm really excited that the Doctor is played by someone older this time, just to make it even more like the classic series, which I've watched a bit of. Who knows, he may even replace Pertwee/Tennant as my favourite.

Peter Capaldi? This guy?

peter_capaldi_fires_of_pompeii.jpg

Lot's of people are being upset/confused about the older doctor, but just remember how Doctor Who started. Actually, he is about the same age as William Hartnell was when he started. I'm personally looking forwards to him being in the show, and hope he can be as cool as Jon Pertwee.

• Brohoof 1

Aw, I forgot it was sunday... Well, I haven't heard of Peter Capaldi before, but I hope he'll be a good doctor, I didn't really like Matt Smith. I really, really, REALLY wanted it to be Ben Whishaw because  he's really cute  I think he would be a good Doctor, and after he said he wasn't, I was hoping for Andrew Scott... Still, I don't think they'd put the role in the wrong hands, so I'll look forward to it.

Isn't that kinda bad, since they're set in the same universe? From what I just looked up, he didn't seem like a one scene unimportant character... 

Ben whishaw would have been great. I remember how much he reminded me of the doctor when he was in 007. Yet I love the Idea of an older doctor. The doctor seemed to always be getting younger. aha :P

• Brohoof 1