Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Insomniacs Unite! :)

hellocat

Hooray for Insomniacs! We should have a club! A good time to meet would be 3:30... AM (HA Get it? No? Okay...)

But anyway I do consider myself an insomniac or I just have the weirdest sleep pattern in the history of the universe. Average time I go to sleep 2-3 AM I wake up from 8-9 AM. I am dreading going back to school because I have to get up at 5:30... (Hooray for only two hours of sleep!) But anyway I find it very hard to fall asleep before I normally do, I am usually wide awake at 12 and only start to get even a bit drowsy around 1. A lot of the time when I try to fall asleep at reasonable time I just stare a the ceiling for 3 or so hours,then I look at the clock, and then I quietly yell curse words.

• Brohoof 1

Wait a sec... When is dawn where you live?

Dawn is normal for the East Coast of the United States - about 6:30 to 7 AM.

The sun comes through the window from then until 11 AM or so, which is when it starts to move over my house. This means that, in the afternoon, between 4 and 5 PM, the sun comes straight through my window, since it's opposite the first window, and hits me full on in the face, giving me a headache.

• Brohoof 1

Dawn is normal for the East Coast of the United States - about 6:30 to 7 AM.

The sun comes through the window from then until 11 AM or so, which is when it starts to move over my house. This means that, in the afternoon, between 4 and 5 PM, the sun comes straight through my window, since it's opposite the first window, and hits me full on in the face, giving me a headache.

Hmm... Okay. I'm on the East Coast of the US as well, but dawn is about... ~5:00 right now for us. I know cause I'm still awake half the time :P

• Brohoof 1

Insomniac here. I'm a victim of the maker's schedule to an extreme; I've stayed up until 10 AM some days, finishing tracks and stuff like that.

• Brohoof 1

Ive always been a night owl. I swear I get my best work done when its night time. I usually am up until 2-3 am but lately its been worse because I have been sick and I am up till about 6 or 7 the next morning. I can't remember the last time I had a dream because I don't get much sleep any way.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm... Okay. I'm on the East Coast of the US as well, but dawn is about... ~5:00 right now for us.

Maybe our concepts of dawn are different, or my grasp of it is warped. I'll take your information as fact, since I actually haven't seen it in quite some time.

• Brohoof 1

I have this problem where I find sleeping to be incredibly boring so I stay up as late as I can doing things.  Its probably not the best for me, but I can't help it.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not exactly an insomniac, but my ADHD makes settling down to sleep difficult sometimes. My brain just gets to hyperactive and doesn't want to shut up. Now I take melatonin pills, and those usually do the job pretty well. I'd recommend them to anyone who has trouble sleeping.

• Brohoof 1

Maybe our concepts of dawn are different, or my grasp of it is warped. I'll take your information as fact, since I actually haven't seen it in quite some time.

So, just looked it up... Sunrise for me right now is close to 6... 5:58 which makes civil dawn 5:28. The earliest sunrise for me is at 5:07, putting dawn at 4:37. Don't forget though, that although we are in the same timezone, sunrise and sunset differ based on where we are both in terms of longitude and latitude (though different latitude naturally makes a bigger difference, because different longitude would mean only an offset of up to an hour.)

I've had insomnia for ages. It can take me days sometimes, just to fall asleep for two hours. I tend to have natural energy bursts, so that is helpful.

On normal times, it takes me until at least 5 AM, latest 7 AM to fall asleep. I usually wake up around 7:30 AM- 8 AM.

On other occasions though, it takes me at least 3 days. The longest it ever took me to fall asleep was 5 and a half days. ('Felt awful.)

And I can never nap. My body disallows it. So, I could be very, very sleepy, and almost be able to fall asleep, but I have to stay up/ can't get to sleep, so I get more awake, and the cycle continues. e.e

Oh, and Kotakotakota, I absolutely love your avatar. Rarity's eyelashes are so fluttery in it, and it just looks so pretty. 

Rarity is most fab, and pretty pony.

• Brohoof 1

Oh, and Kotakotakota, I absolutely love your avatar. Rarity's eyelashes are so fluttery in it, and it just looks so pretty. 

Thanks! Since I stole it from the internet thinking the same thing, I will shamelessly go ahead and agree with you :P

Rarity is most fab, and pretty pony. 

Yet another statement I agree with wholeheartedly. :) By far the most fabulous, good looking, amazing, and all around best pony in all of Equestria!! :D

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely an insomniac. I can never fall asleep at a decent time and it's been this way since middle school (in college now). But lately it's been worse. I'll be really tired, but can't sleep at all, instead of me just falling asleep at a late time.

Well, nice to see an actual tread for this. Anyway,

I'm definitely an insomniac. I can never fall asleep at a decent time and it's been this way since middle school (in college now). But lately it's been worse. I'll be really tired, but can't sleep at all, instead of me just falling asleep at a late time.

I'm having the same problem. Let me know if you find a way to fix it. I'd like my old sleep schedule back.

I am quite the insomniac, I find it quite hard to fall asleep and when I try, I'm there for hours and I just can't seem to fall asleep, lately, I've had to change it, but it's been quite hard, but yes, I'm still quite the insomniac.

Well with my insomnia deciding I shouldn't sleep, I've been thinking about joining an RP since I'm bored at night.

Maybe someone should start an RP for insomniacs. :P

I wouldn't say I'm all that insomniac. I mean, I've only stayed up through an entire night only like three times in my 18 year old life. Other than that, I usually get all sleepy around 1 or 2 in the morning. Does that count for being insomniac? :P

Considering I have been have this same sleeping cycle for the past two years... :P

Well I feel like I'm a little insomniac though so I guess I can fit in here. ;)

I also love nighttime better than daytime. One of the many reasons why I like to stay up late! ^_^