Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"Rebel Without a Clue"

Gigapony

Yeah, I brought this little hoodlum back. If anyone remembers her from when I last drew her, she was a simple throwaway design, but for some reason I've taken quite a liking to her. So she's been promoted to "side-OC" status. And I got this huge urge to vector her.

criminal_1_zpsfce35962.png

Part of the reason I posted this is because I need help coming up with a name for her, because I'm absolute pants at naming. She's based on a common street punk (gee, thanks Captain Obvious) and she has a heavy Russian influence in her character (hence her cutie mark).

Also I posted this outside of my main drawings/vectors/stuff thread to see if it'll get more exposure that way (and also because my main thread is almost all double/triple/quadruple-posts and it was getting messy).

Edited by Gigapony
  • Brohoof 5

Maybe, name him/her sig/cig I don't really know but I don't know if I like or hate the unicorn feel like it should be a Pegasus or earth but anyways nice drawing looks super cool and well done

Cheers for the kind words! :)

I ended up naming her "Killer" for now, which is intended as an ironic name as she's not really much of a threat at all, but she pretends to be (she gave herself the name, her real name is unknown/not important) because she's silly and a wannabe gangster.

I made her a Unicorn mostly because I wanted her to use her magic to do graffiti, haha.

Her left foreleg and underside of left hindhoof look a bit awkward and maybe get rid off the black outlines for the white components of the cutiemark.

The spraycan turned out really good.

Also, what@, said, maybe you should ask him for help on your Red situation.

@, cheers for the compliments, mate. I don't reckon I'm a very good vector maker though, as all I do is vector screens from the show and modify them to make my characters. This one in particular was vectored off a screen of Rarity from "Green Isn't Your Colour". The only things I made were her eyes, mane, hat, and props.

She has a line on her neck, but it's covered by the mane and makes it look thicker than it is. I'll try to mess with it and see if I can make it less jarring, but that's as thick as it was on the Rarity screen I used.

Same for the legs, Rarity was standing a bit weird. Though I can easily reposition them, I rather liked the awkward little pose it gave her.

@@Silverwisp the Bard, the tattoo her cutie mark is based on typically has the border, but looking at it again, I reckon you're right and it would look more "in-show-style" without it, so I'll do that.

As for Red, that's a whole 'nother story, but suffice it to say he's going back to the shop for some more work. I'm thinking I'll just do him up a whole new uniform from scratch and change his name. Gonna scrap his original theme and instead base his look on a more 'generic' mash-up of WWI-era British and German regalia. But that's for another thread, perhaps.

• Brohoof 1

I like her!  A couple name suggestions off the top of my head:

Rap Scallion (if she's into hip-hop)

Olivia Twist

I tried to come up with something Russian-sounding, but didn't have any luck.  What is her cutie mark?  Is that a throwing-star, or a compass rose?

Why not just call her Rebel? It suits her design, and it's even in the title of the thread. I thought you had named the pony Rebel until I read the actual post, but it surprised me because Rebel fits so well. Just putting in my two bits.

• Brohoof 1

I tried to come up with something Russian-sounding, but didn't have any luck. What is her cutie mark? Is that a throwing-star, or a compass rose?

Yeah, I tried to think of a Russian name as well, but nothing sounded good to my ear as a name. Rap Scallion is a cute name though, I might save that for use in a future OC~

Her cutie mark is a very common Russian criminal tattoo. 8-pointed stars are often worn by criminals in Russia (one on each shoulder) to denote that you don't follow authority.

Why not just call her Rebel? It suits her design, and it's even in the title of the thread. I thought you had named the pony Rebel until I read the actual post, but it surprised me because Rebel fits so well. Just putting in my two bits.

Oooohhh, we have a winner! Yes, I like that name a lot and I can't believe it was right in front of my face the whole time, haha. So henceforth she is named "Rebel".