Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My theory on AJs parents

Grand_Finale

So, people have been specualting about AJs parents for ages, but I think I have a pretty good theory on it. The most talked about theory is that they have died. As possible as this is, I have another theory.

In The cutiemark Chronicles, we see Big Mac and Granny Smith saying goodbye to Applejack, but Applebloom is nowhere to be seen. We can assume that she isnt born yet, which means that Applejacks parents MUST still be around, but why wouldnt they be there watching Applejack leave for Manehattan? well my initial thought was that they lived on another farm and simply sent the children to help Granny Smith on the farm due to her age when the children were old enough. Then I thought about Apple Family Reunion. Wouldnt her parents be there if they simply lived on another farm or in a different town?Then I thought that perhaps the parents were not dead, but deadbeats. They often have unplanned children who are deemed unable to live with the parents due to a bad location, and sent to their closest relative Granny Smith. They dont attend apple Family reunions because they are the Bad Apples of the family, If I may. Any thoughts on my theory? let me know!

So, people have been specualting about AJs parents for ages, but I think I have a pretty good theory on it. The most talked about theory is that they have died. As possible as this is, I have another theory.

In The cutiemark Chronicles, we see Big Mac and Granny Smith saying goodbye to Applejack, but Applebloom is nowhere to be seen. We can assume that she isnt born yet, which means that Applejacks parents MUST still be around, but why wouldnt they be there watching Applejack leave for Manehattan? well my initial thought was that they lived on another farm and simply sent the children to help Granny Smith on the farm due to her age when the children were old enough. Then I thought about Apple Family Reunion. Wouldnt her parents be there if they simply lived on another farm or in a different town?Then I thought that perhaps the parents were not dead, but deadbeats. They often have unplanned children who are deemed unable to live with the parents due to a bad location, and sent to their closest relative Granny Smith. They dont attend apple Family reunions because they are the Bad Apples of the family, If I may. Any thoughts on my theory? let me know!

Eh...I'm not seeing it. In Apple FAmily Renunion we see two shooting stars suppose to represent her parents, that's what Megan McCarthy said. Second we don't know if Applebloom is a baby and just can't say goodbye to Applejack due to her age. Her parents are dead, it's pretty obivious from the series. And I doubt that Big Mac, AJ, and AppleBloom are unplanned due to their age diffrences. It's just not checking out.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, I see your theory but the thing is AJ's parents are presumed dead when AJ saw the shooting stars in a Apple Family Reunion. Basically, they are dead in the show in which they are represented as the shooting stars.

AJ's parents are worm chow but even if they were by some chance still alive I doubt they would be deadbeats that would be a bit darker than I think they would be willing or able to go in the show and it smacks a bit close to the redneck stereotype which may gave some people the wrong impression.

Yeah its cannon that they are dead. what i'm interested in is how they died. in my head i want to believe one was killed by timber wolves or some other savage animal and the other died of a broken heart or a farming accident because they were distracted by the grief.

Mobbed by timber wolves Granny Smiths husband sacrificed himself so that Granny Smith ( who was pregnant) could survive she broke her hip while fighting her way out so... Anyways what if applejack was the next generation and they just call her granny and later apple bloom was made with somepony

If it was something alive that killed AJ's parents, then she would have some sort of animosty towards the being(s) that killed her parents.

I think they might have died to some diease that hit Ponyville or affected a batch of apples which killed them with food poisoning.

The Applejack family is really spread out, so it's possible that AJ's parents were one of the ones who left. It's true that close family don't usually leave each other, but they had to split somewhere.