Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Sword & Sorcerery Board Game Project

applelatch

I'm working on designing a board game specifically targeted at fans of FIM, the idea is to make it in a similar vein as games such as Heroquest, or Descent. Also the goal is to not use any of the copyrighted/trademarked material from the show, it would be set pre-equestria before Luna and Celestia. The game would consist of several players working together to explore, defeat monsters, and collect treasure, while one person will basically be the "Game Master" controlling the monsters and reading out the story. The plan is to have an over-arching story for the game and leave room for creating your own adventures. The players will each choose a race to play, with each race having its own special abilities, such as the three basic races; Earth Pony, Pegasus, and Unicorn. The more adventures you play through with your character, the more powerful you get and you acquire more items/treasure. The goal is to also include alot of neat little things in the game such as little furniture pieces for making dungeons and a bunch of miniatures (much like the old Heroquest game did). The first story will involve fighting against an evil dragon and his imp minions (as well as other creatures). We're also currently working on a way to make it a little more than simply killing monsters since we still want it to reflect the show to some degree. It's going to be a little more action-y though since the sisters weren't around so Pony heroes had to rise up and fight the evil on their own. If the reception winds up being positive we'd like to create expansions for it, but for now we're simply trying to get the base game going. Any input would be great, and feel free to ask any questions! Also we'll eventually need artists for the game art as well as soon as we get the mechanics and such down.

Basically something like this, but with ponies:

post-16136-0-30665400-1379642686_thumb.jpg

post-16136-0-31527200-1379642700_thumb.jpg

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like an amazing and fantastic idea to me! I played Heroquest when I was just a little filly, and bringing it back with ponies would be great!

Thanks! It's a fun game ^_^ I'd like to do something keeping with the spirit of the game while being pony-centric. Plus I love high fantasy and ponies : p

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! It's a fun game ^_^ I'd like to do something keeping with the spirit of the game while being pony-centric. Plus I love high fantasy and ponies : p

You said it all, my man! And my reaction to how I think that it will work out:

AWWWWWWWWWWW YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-

Assembling a prototype set and producing multiple copies might be a challenge, but I like the idea. It takes dedication to make a detailed ponified version of a game. Good luck in your quest to make a new game!

Actually, i've already been experimenting with sculpting and resin casting for a little while now, so hopefully it won't give me too much grief ^_^ Spoilers: It will, but it will totally be worth it : p

Wow, this sounds awesome! Good idea! I should probably throw out the idea that alot of games have a rock/paper/scissors based gameplay, aka flying/ranged/melee, fire/water/grass, or axe/sword/spear. So an idea would be earthpony/unicorn/pegasas.