Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ChapelGlass

SVEmRdo.jpg

I had a mighty need to draw a headcanon of mine! uwu I really like the idea of Doctor Whooves having a variety of companions, and in my Photo Finish ask blog, I kinda delved into an idea that in her youth, she tagged along after him. I would have gone with the Nine version of Doctor Whooves, but I felt like this version would be more recognizable to the fandom. Either way, I'm really happy with how this turned out. I wouldn't mind hearing any critiques though?

imgur messed up the image a bit though, so if you'd like to see a nicer version, you can go here for a better version. (Link's safe, it's just to my pony art tumblr!)

Edited by ChapelGlass
  • Brohoof 9

I like the art style you've drawn them in, and especially like how you bordered them in with that universe imagery in the background.

Though I have to ask... why doesn't Whooves have a cutie mark?  Is that part of your ask tumblr thing or just an oversight?

....*headdesk* You caught me, that was an oversight on my part. I always forget the cutie marks, no matter what I do. /groan

Welp, guess that's something I have to fix real quick. Glad I kept the PSD file though. e___e

....*headdesk* You caught me, that was an oversight on my part. I always forget the cutie marks, no matter what I do. /groan

Welp, guess that's something I have to fix real quick. Glad I kept the PSD file though. e___e

I've done that before too.  They're a headache when you forget such a small, yet important detail.  God, I remember one time I accidentally forgot to give a character proper eyes!  They looked dull and lifeless, peering into the viewers eyes...

FELLOW WHOVIAN!! *cough cough* um. i mean, very well drawn. i question how Doctor Whooves ties his shoes, but no matter. what confuses me is the backstory of Photo Finish. how would a fashion photographer end up with The Doctor?

• Brohoof 1

I've done that before too.  They're a headache when you forget such a small, yet important detail.  God, I remember one time I accidentally forgot to give a character proper eyes!  They looked dull and lifeless, peering into the viewers eyes...

All fixed now! D; And ugh, that's always fun! Cutie marks give me such trouble though, I always tell myself, "I'm gonna add it this time" but when I finish coloring and the like, it just slips my mind.

This is a really really interesting concept drawn out here. You did a great job as far as the art goes! I like your style here. It's just interesting because well...unique companion for Doctor Whooves, that I doubt has ever been done before.

So props for trying out something new. :P

I can imagine Photo Finish being like a ponyfied Donna for the Doctor. xD

• Brohoof 1

All fixed now! D; And ugh, that's always fun! Cutie marks give me such trouble though, I always tell myself, "I'm gonna add it this time" but when I finish coloring and the like, it just slips my mind.

At least it's a nice, simple fix right?  Better than accidentally placing something in the wrong place and realizing you have to redraw everything from scratch due to how abnormal it should look.

FELLOW WHOVIAN!! *cough cough* um. i mean, very well drawn. i question how Doctor Whooves ties his shoes, but no matter. what confuses me is the backstory of Photo Finish. how would a fashion photographer end up with The Doctor?

I personally prefer my Photo Finish to have a background akin to this comic right here:

Rainbow_Dash_Das_Magick.png

• Brohoof 2

Well, I daresay if we can have canon ponies have teacups with the finger holds and no room to put their hooves, I can have Doctor Whooves in laced up converses. ;P

As for Photo Finish, I'm still hashing out the kinks on that one, but that's like asking how a lot of the Doctor's companions end up with him, you know? I mean, hey, Rose was a retail worker and she managed it. I just think it'd be interesting than the usual mashup, and I'm all about odd pairings for MLP. :D

This is a really really interesting concept drawn out here. You did a great job as far as the art goes! I like your style here. It's just interesting because well...unique companion for Doctor Whooves, that I doubt has ever been done before.

So props for trying out something new. tongue.png

I can imagine Photo Finish being like a ponyfied Donna for the Doctor. xD

Thanks! :P Well, it's fun trying new things, in my opinion.

And that's basically how I imagine them, with a few adjustments for Photo Finish's unique personality, haha.

• Brohoof 1

Nice job, very cute art style... Oh hold on a sec. *turns around clinging onto chest* HNNNNG wub.png I LOVE IT SOOOOOO MUCH wub.png I'm hoping to see more in the future.

Haha! Well, thank you very much. Hopefully I'll expand on this headcanon more in the future. *o* It's one of my faves to play around with.