open Beyond these Walls: An adventure through Equestria. (Applications open!)

The Elusive Cinder

"Pirate, eh? Heh, Blake Diamanté, treasure hunter, and fugitive-thief in half the world." He snickers to himself looking at the bottle. His oldest antique. "Sorry, I've just got a story for everything I own." He looks back up and takes a drink. Handing it back to his guest of the cave. "Sooo, pirate?"

@,

Eclipse had had it. He immediately used his psychic push to throw Redwave into a nearby tree, showing no remorse while doing so.

"There! How's that?? I hope your captain likes where I put him!" He huffed at Kingfisher before trotting ahead of the group.

Blast trotted up to Kingfisher. "You know, you don't have to be so harsh on him. He's just going through alot of stuff. You could at least explain things to him, but you didn't even bother."

lets_change_a_username_by_sonicwithsabers-d76l7td.gif

Signature made by: Rainbow Skywalker

My little YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GeekySteven (Game (Mostly) and Pony Reviews) (Yes, I'm actually active)

My Johari Window thingymabob :http://kevan.org/johari?name=StevenEarthPony

ASK ME A QUESTION OR TWO!:http://mlpforums.com/topic/85648-ask-steven-anything-you-want-he-loves-answering-your-questions/#entry2228380

Crimson took the bottle and took a swig once again before giving Blake an amused look. "Yeah, pirate...I've been a one since I was about 17 or 18, but I've been stealing all my life, in fact, I was a thief before I became a pirate, and I probably would've stayed a thief, if it wasn't for...that night..." said Crimson darkly, his mood going from cocky and carefree to dark and distracted, very quickly.

@,@,  

Pavisa

Pavisa had been about to make another comment in favor of Kingfisher when the unicorn actually threw the petrified captain towards the forest.  Forgetting about whatever she had been about to say, Pavisa instead dove in between the statue and the tree that it had been about to crash into.

Ow...  It took her a second to catch her breath for her efforts, but as she staggered back to her hooves it seemed as though she had managed to save the statue from any damage.  Her breath catches in her throat as she gets a close look at the statue.  "You saved me that fate...  I'm sorry I couldn't do more than this."  

Glad to have her helmet hiding the tears in her eyes she turns her gaze away from the statue, letting it lie in the grass where she had landed with the petrified captain.  "Come on...  We need to start running."  There would be time to be mad at the unicorn later.  The deadly alicorn was a more pressing matter now.

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia : Ampharos @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon: Locked @Umbreon: Lhee @Leafeon: Firebolt @Glaceon: Mal @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pokemon fan? Play X and Y? Wynaut check out the

MLP Forums Pokemon League!

@,

Aphrodite

"You could've killed him! For your information, he's the one leading this group, you know: what are we supposed to do without him!?" Aphrodite said, frowning. "Ever thought of THAT?!" Aphrodite shouted at the new stallion, sighing heavily, facehoofing.

(( OOC: I'll post for Willow later! ))

tumblr_static_8xtsjjly8qgwwg8cg88004gwc.gif

(edited)

Kingfisher

@,

"Really? Going through a lot? Let me spell this out to you..."

She glared.

"With certain death trailing closely behind us, I just watched my only friend, my only family, turned to stone to buy us time to complete something he deemed more important than his life! Then mr 'dark and broody' decides he's playing undertaker with him! He's going through a lot? What about me? What about Redwave?!"

She looked at the statue, shook her head and blinked hard. Turning, she started to walk away.

"Either he falls in line or he goes. I won't let anything jeopardise this mission - I have my orders."

Edited by Cinderscribe

Never quite forgotten.

Crimson took the bottle and took a swig once again before giving Blake an amused look. "Yeah, pirate...I've been a one since I was about 17 or 18, but I've been stealing all my life, in fact, I was a thief before I became a pirate, and I probably would've stayed a thief, if it wasn't for...that night..." said Crimson darkly, his mood going from cocky and carefree to dark and distracted, very quickly.

Blake could clearly sense the awkward tension in the air, seeming to electrify the air. He stared into the fire, watching the flames dance, seemingly in rhythm to the story, and without worry for the possible push and peer, he asks the pirate. "What night was this?" Looking up from his hypnosis.

@,

Eclipse walked up to Aphrodite.

"Shut your mouth, you bitch of a mare." He said in a serious tone. "I am sick of you ponies seeing me as an enemy. Blast told me that I could get along with you, but it turns out you're no better than fucking Discord."

@,

Blast grunted at Kingfisher.

"You could really care less about anypony here, could you?" He asked. "I know you care about Red, but we need to try to get him out of this statued state. Maybe there's a spell or something to help us in that pursuit.

Edited by StevenEarthPony

My little YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/GeekySteven (Game (Mostly) and Pony Reviews) (Yes, I'm actually active)

ASK ME A QUESTION OR TWO!:http://mlpforums.com/topic/85648-ask-steven-anything-you-want-he-loves-answering-your-questions/#entry2228380

Crimson's eyes were shadowed by the bangs of his mane. "...the night that my own father murdered my sister...right in front of me...and beat me to deaths door...that is the night I decided to become a pirate...but not without a little help..." said Crimson monotonously, absentmindedly taking a swig from the scotch.

Aegis’ panic had turned to confusion, curiosity and irritation. “If you guys are bandits, could you hurry up and decide if you’re going to rob me? If whatever you’re running from is behind us, I’d very much like to get as far away from it as possible.” He said, immediately regretting the choice of words. ‘Good idea, Aegis. Accuse ponies you don’t know of being bandits. That’s about as smart as having a tea party with a hydra.

Otanoshimi wa kore kara da!

@,@,@,@@Windbreaker,

As some nowadays might put it: Things had gone eve further south than was previously conceivable. One Unicorn that Saronyx had never seen before had been in the frame of mind to carry the petrified corpse of Redwave along with them. Kingfisher caught this, and ground to a halt, and subsequently the rest of the group. The tension that was now pervading the crew's vicinity was palpable. Had it not been so serious, Saronyx may have commented that he could even see it.

In a way, he could. Not literally, at least, he was no Changeling. But he could to a degree 'sense' emotion. That, and he could feel his magical resistances weakening. Crystal ponies were affected by the harmonious connections of those around them. And when there was disharmony, as was being displayed by Kingfisher and whoever this audacious pony was, he was weakened. Things continued to escalate quickly out of hand. Kingfisher continued to demand that the Unicorn set the statue of Redwave down, and he in a way complied. By throwing the stone pony towards a tree. Mercifully, Pavisa was quick enough to keep the fragile 'sarcophagus' from shattering. 

Saronyx watched in silence as the brash unicorn stormed off ahead of them, and Blaze attempted to justify his actions to Kingfisher. Had Saronyx been a more militant rendition of himself, he would have forced the Unicorn into submission, but as it was, he did not. Kingfisher responded to Blaze's reasonings with her own - and in Saron's mind - more justifiable reasons, and began to move off. Saronyx, still not having spoken, began to follow after her. He hadn't really 'known' Redwave, but he still felt remorse for the stallion's fate. He had sacrificed himself for them, so that they may continue his quest, after all. That in itself, was honorable in Saronyx's mind.

But, it seemed things were not destined to go smoothly, even now. Aphrodite had herself reprimanded the brash unicorn, who responded in a decidedly rude manner, and Blaze continued to prove hostile in words to Kingfisher. Saronyx felt himself nearing his limit, and he made it clear in his first words in minutes, "This is no way to honor the memory of Redwave! Kingfisher is right. He gave himself so that we may continue on to rid the world of the Litany. If all we do is sit here and argue over what to do with the stallion's remains - the desecration if which is no meaningful thing - his sacrifice will be in vain! I could care less right now if any of you even care to listen to my words, but I would kindly ask that we all just listen to Kingfisher! In the absence of Redwave, who I have reason to believe is the one that created this expedition, I believe the leadership of us falls to her."

He began to walk again, really not caring if his words were completely ignored. Saronyx turned his silvery eyes to the Unicorn that had the audacity to attempt to desecrate Redwave, "And perhaps if you gave us a reason to, we might get along with you, vos ydiote." 

And from there, he turned his attention once more to yet another newcomer, that he did not recognize, but still deigned to answer, "I can garauntee you that we are not bandits, so you need not worry about such a thing. If you wish to live though, I will suggest you, and all of us, get moving. You are right in assuming what we are running from may very well be on our tails."

And with those words, he began to trot off.

(I feel the quality of this post is lacking in comparison to my normal postings here. Things moved along very quickly.)

Edited by 00Pony

Xbox Live gamertag: ArgentVulpes636. 

"Greater love, hath no man than this, that he would lay down his life for his friends." -- John 15:13

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -- Matthew 7:1

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rest In Peace, Monty OumWe'll keep moving forward.

@@00Pony,

((OOC: His name is Blast. Stop calling him Blaze, please.))

Eclipse turned around to the unicorn and sighed.

"You all have something to live for. Look at me. I have nothing else, mostly because I can't remember anything." He said, becoming a little sad. "And you all treating me like shit isn't helping me. I would kindly be mourning your leader, but why bother when you all are so hateful and mean??"

Crimson's eyes were shadowed by the bangs of his mane. "...the night that my own father murdered my sister...right in front of me...and beat me to deaths door...that is the night I decided to become a pirate...but not without a little help..." said Crimson monotonously, absentmindedly taking a swig from the scotch.

Not knowing the best way to voice his thoughts, he simply says, "Hmm," he pauses as well, trying to formulate a way to make himself sound less like a douche, but never really talking to ponies, he didn't have much experience, when he did he was using black mail, but he just asks, "Who helped you?"

Scribbler peers out, wondering how to go about this. Approaching the alicorn would be suicide, but what else was there to do?

He skirted around the perimeter of the alicorn's magical aura, still invisible, keeping his distance. He stepped out into the open and moved silently around in the direction Orion was facing. He waited, hoping he could get just one chance to make his presence known without putting himself in peril. "How long will this spell last, I wonder" Scribbler thought to himself.

Check out my new music projects on youtube, Bandcamp, or Soundcloud

Not knowing the best way to voice his thoughts, he simply says, "Hmm," he pauses as well, trying to formulate a way to make himself sound less like a douche, but never really talking to ponies, he didn't have much experience, when he did he was using black mail, but he just asks, "Who helped you?"

Crimson suddenly gave a slight smile. "A very good stallion, named Ivory Sting. He was many things to me, a master, a father, an idol, an inspiration...he's actually the one who trained me to be the warrior I am today. He was very famous for being the very first and greatest pirate in equestrian, and before you ask, yes, he was an old bastard! But then again, I'm a bit older than I look myself Hehe...we went through a lot of crazy adventures together...and as much as I griped and complained back then, those were some of the best days of my life...I'm still sad it had to end..." said Crimson with a sigh.

@@00Pony,

On the bright side of things, nopony had decided to kill Aegis yet, so things were going well. Despite not really being part of the group, he fell in line regardless. “I hope you don’t mind if I join you. Seems like you’ve been through a lot in a very short amount of time. What are we running from exactly?” Aegis asked the pony with the silver eyes, silently recording this in his memory. 

@,

(I called him Blaze? ... Oh, so I did. Woops. Sorry about that. My mind is just a little frazzled right now, alongside the fact that I am in another RP that has a character named Blaze. The names are rather similar to my eyes. By the bye, Saronyx is a Crystal Pony. Not a Unicorn)

"I am not sure what your own thoughts on the matter is, but I do not see attempting to throw his stone remains against a tree, and refusing to honor the wishes of one of his close friends as very endearing," Saronyx said flatly, "Perhaps if you showed a little more empathy for those in mourning, we may be able to show a little more empathy with you? Just some food for thought." He finished, before turning his gaze to the newcomer.

(Also, Saron may be able to help Eclipse out with his own little turmoil.. He can look into the past, after all.)

@@Windbreaker

(I feel like Saron and Aegis may get along well. Both are writers.)

Saronyx stretched his neck slightly, as the last of the crystalline-petrified flesh began to turn to normal, "I have no qualms with your joining us, lad. Your observation is correct.. We have gone through quite an ordeal. We were fleeing from a rather mad, and delusional Pseudo-Alicorn by the name of Orion Starsinger. For reasons I am still trying to work out, he seeks an ancient, corrupt tome known as the Litany of Magic, to increase his power. We are trying to keep that form happening. It may very well bring about the end of creation."

Saronyx glanced at this newcomer, before looking back to the road as he walked, "To the both of you," he said, including the brooding Unicorn, "My name is Saronyx." He left off, as an invitation for them to introduce themselves, should they so please.

"Greater love, hath no man than this, that he would lay down his life for his friends." -- John 15:13

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." -- Matthew 7:1

"If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." -- Martin Luther King Jr.

Midnight was getting really tired, his force field seemed to have had the desired effect but it just drained his energy too much. Figuring he should leave himself enough energy to teleport and levitate objects, Midnight finally released Orion's spell before grabbing Blizzard with his telekinesis and running in the direction the others had gone. It didn't take long to realize that they had apparently stopped and started arguing, and not even all that far from Orion's spell! This finally made Midnight snap, not only because it was completely stupid for them to still be here, but also because it was a little offensive to him personally. He had decided to help these ponies who he barely knew escape by holding off the spell, and rather than take advantage of his buying time they stop and use it to argue! "Will you all just shut up and move! Argue your differences in opinion after we are safely away from the psychotic alicorn!" Midnight Sky yelled at the group as he ran by them.

post-19310-0-16476600-1379765567.png

Sig by DarkestStar, Avatar by Midnight Gaze

My OCs Midnight Sky, Sunshine Rays and Blizzard Blitz

Crimson suddenly gave a slight smile. "A very good stallion, named Ivory Sting. He was many things to me, a master, a father, an idol, an inspiration...he's actually the one who trained me to be the warrior I am today. He was very famous for being the very first and greatest pirate in equestrian, and before you ask, yes, he was an old bastard! But then again, I'm a bit older than I look myself Hehe...we went through a lot of crazy adventures together...and as much as I griped and complained back then, those were some of the best days of my life...I'm still sad it had to end..." said Crimson with a sigh.

"Hmph, I'm beginning to sense a pattern of similarity between us." He said with an amused look, he looked at the bottle with only a small amount of alchohol left at the bottom. "My family has been shunned for generations, because of a small blunder. My father, mother, and everyone important, hanged.... Hanged for crimes they hadn't known about." He looked at the bottle again. "So, I ran, I ran to find something that would put those at fault away, my family treasure. I've hunted since I was 13, I've stolen, and I've even killed the most evil I've known. I harbor no resentment, only a want for justice." He paused for a long while, and suddenly throwing the bottle to the flames, causing a great plumage. "I tell you this because just from what I've heard, I know that we're 2 of a kind. Wronged, but instead of whining, we were sculpted into who we are today. You don't know me, but I am hoping you understand what I say... Do you?"

@,

Scribbler hadn't noticed the bubble surrounding the alicorn, now that it was fading away, he realized his error. He dashed back, as Orion's spell began to expand outward.

"Oh, shit, what was I thinking??" He thought to himself. His hooves scattered bits of dirt as he ran to safety. The only noticeable trace of his presence. Scribbler scrambled to get behind the nearest tree, peering back, and hoping he had gone unnoticed, though he was still within Orion's field of view. His heart was pounding in his ears.

Check out my new music projects on youtube, Bandcamp, or Soundcloud

Crimson smiled and nodded. "Actually, I know better than most ponies how it feels to be ridiculed. In fact, I never even knew I had a sister OR a father for that matter, until it was all too late...but since then, I've met some ponies that I'm proud to call my family. My two brothers, Swordpoint, of princess Celestia's royal guard, and Cosmo Shadesteel, princess Luna's royal assasin, and even a sister, Radioactive Tragedy...although I doubt she considers me in the same regard...she may be dead, but that doesn't stop her from being stubborn...anyway, I believe that you would like my brothers if you ever met them..." said the pirate with a slight chuckle.

Edited by ragestar

@@00Pony,

(Aegis reacts to others as they do to him, so yes, they probably will get along.)

“Pleasure to meet you. My name is Aegis Dare,” Aegis said, grinning warmly at Saronyx. “Pseudo-Alicorn, Litany of Magic and the end of the world? Sounds like a great story, but right now, we should move.”

Aegis took a cursory glance at the group, noting that most seemed combat ready. “Well, I suddenly regret not sticking with martial arts now. Not that it’d help much against… Orion, was it?” He asked, still ready to bolt the minute this Alicorn showed up.

@@Windbreaker,

Saronyx raised his eyebrows, "Ah, so another pursuant of the literary arts? Well met, friend," He says, chuckling slightly, "I find myself heavily agreeing with you.. Should we survive this entire ordeal, it will make for a rather good tale."

This stallion, Aegis, mentioned that they should move. A suggestion that Saronyx was all to ready for. Kingfisher had already begun to move ahead, and Saronyx did the same, trusting the rest of the group to be wise enough to follow along. The stallion who had stayed back came racing past, suggesting the same thing. He seemed rather unhappy, and for good reason. If Saronyx had been in his place, and returned to find the ponies he risked his life for were not a much safer distance away, he would be mightily displeased as well. 

Aegis spoke up again, making the comment that he regretted not sticking with martial arts. Saronyx chuckled, "A good number of our party are of the more combat variant. Myself.. I am a talker. I use words as a weapon over my hooves any chance that I may receive. I find that it tends to have nicer results for both parties if things can be settled in such a way," he shrugs, "But no, I do not think that the martial arts would have done much against Orion Starsinger. He has already read a portion of the Litany, and possesses more magical power than he really knows how to control. I fear what he may be able to accomplish upon finishing the accursed tome."

“Wonderful. So he’s powerful and crazy. This guy just gets better and better…” Aegis deadpanned. He darted off after Saronyx and the others, not daring to look behind him. If Orion was chasing them like he thought, then he had no intention of meeting him. ‘To think I woke up this morning to the sound of the forest and incredible boredom, now I’m running for my life with a group of ponies that I mistook for bandits, and there’s an insane demigod on our tails. I can’t complain about all the excitement, I guess. It’s what I live for!

As he ran, he couldn’t shake a feeling of dread. He shook his pink and black bangs out of his face and said to nopony in particular, “Who did what to get the attention of an Alicorn? They must have a death wish.”

Pavisa

The guard continued along quietly, one hoof in front of the other.  Now wasn't the time for conversation - it wasn't even the time for mourning yet.  All that they could do now was get away, as far away from Orion as possible.  Unfortunately for Pavisa, the silence became time for her to think.  And when the guard began to think, she had the tendency to think of ways to blame herself for everything that had happened.

He reacted.  He could have ran himself.  Instead he shoved me out of the way.  All this talk of protecting other ponies, and when it came down to the wire I was the one being protected...  She hadn't known Redwave for that long, but she had liked the Captain.  His colorful way of speaking, the energy that surrounded him...  

He didn't deserve that...  I swear if it's the last thing I do, I'm going to make sure we get to the Litany...  Maybe we can use it to save him...  Not for the first time that night, she was glad to have her helmet obscuring her face.  It served to hide the tears from the rest of the group.

Tactic Wind

Up in the skies, Tactic flew along slowly with a rather different mindset than the group below him.  Heh, it's a good thing none of them are close by...  It's getting more difficult to stay in character...  Even from his high vantage point he could pick up on the buzz of emotion coming from the ponies locked to the ground.  It was thick enough that the tactician swore he could nearly taste it.  

I can't keep this up for too long.  The others will start to wonder where I am.  Flapping his wings hard Tactic Wind pushed himself forward, deciding to wait for the group a ways ahead at what would be a safer area.  I'll wait for them along the road again...  That will give me time to get control of myself.  And as he flew ahead of the group, confident that the others would be too far behind to see him, Tactic allowed himself a measure of freedom with his emotions.  Tactic smiled.  The game is truly getting interesting now...

umbreon.gif

Eeveelutions:

@Vaporeon: N-Harmonia : Ampharos @Flareon: Descant/Bard

@Espeon: Locked @Umbreon: Lhee @Leafeon: Firebolt @Glaceon: Mal @Sylveon: Don'tDropThatDedenne

Pokemon fan? Play X and Y? Wynaut check out the

MLP Forums Pokemon League!